Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who is it?

His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may
be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and
blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe
a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently
enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may
be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and
blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe
a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently
enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Sounds like our old friend J. Edgar Hoover .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Well, that's totally possible. But, not who I had in mind.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Snag" wrote in message

Sounds like our old friend J. Edgar Hoover .
--
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may
be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and
blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe
a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently
enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Before the US got involved in the European part of WW2, these were the
profile characteristics the OSS (Now the CIA) said applied to Adolf Hitler.

Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm seriously impressed. We have great wisdom, on this list.

For round two. Which radio talk show host mentioned this
list of profile, on his / her show, Wed April 04, 2012?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob-tx" Live Spam free wrote in message
.. .

Before the US got involved in the European part of WW2, these were the
profile characteristics the OSS (Now the CIA) said applied to Adolf Hitler.

Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
N8N N8N is offline

On Apr 5, 11:52*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm seriously impressed. We have great wisdom, on this list.

For round two. Which *radio talk show host mentioned this
list of profile, on his / her show, Wed April 04, 2012?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Bob-tx" Live Spam free wrote in k.net...

Before the US got involved in the European part of WW2, these were the
profile characteristics the OSS (Now the CIA) said applied to Adolf Hitler.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Sounds a bit like the last two or three Prez?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

The answer to Round Two's question doesn't really amount to much.

Folks have been attributing those characteristics to our President for
years. Who ever said it on 4/4 would simply be the lastest in a long
line of people making that comparison.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm seriously impressed. We have great wisdom, on this list.

For round two. Which radio talk show host mentioned this
list of profile, on his / her show, Wed April 04, 2012?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Bob-tx" Live Spam free wrote in message
.. .

Before the US got involved in the European part of WW2, these were the
profile characteristics the OSS (Now the CIA) said applied to Adolf
Hitler.

Bob-tx

I thought it was Goebels.

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/-if_...ng/345877.html

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

That's only cause you're a Nazi.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may
be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and
blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe
a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently
enough people will sooner or later believe it.

I call Godwin.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's only cause you're a Nazi.

I expect a retraction and an apology.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

I expect you to be disappointed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's only cause you're a Nazi.

I expect a retraction and an apology.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's only cause you're a Nazi.

I expect a retraction and an apology.

I don't think he knows what the Godwin call means....

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I expect you to be disappointed.

Let me get this straight: You called me a nazi, even though I'm Jewish and
had a number of relatives - distant, but still relatives - slaughtered by
that group.

You call me a nazi even though I'm a dues-paying member of the
Anti-Defamation League of B'nai Brith.

You call me a nazi even though my father was wounded fighting them and an
uncle was killed at Normandy.

You call me a nazi even though you know little about me and with no reason
based on anything I've ever posted, let alone any response made to you
personally.

Now, will I really continue to be disappointed or will you re-think your
position and step back from a flagrant slur?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:16:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off; never admit
a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your
enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame;
concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that
goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and
if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe
it.

Just about any demagogue, from prehistory to today.

But I'm sure you have some ulterior motive that'll become apparent as
soon as you reveal the "right" answer to your question.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:16:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off; never admit
a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your
enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame;
concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that
goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and
if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe
it.

Just about any demagogue, from prehistory to today.

But I'm sure you have some ulterior motive that'll become apparent as
soon as you reveal the "right" answer to your question.

Exactly.

I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current US
right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox news, etc.)
is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good argument from an
intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are precisely what tells me
something evil is going on in the right wing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"anorton" wrote in message
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good
argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right
wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/5/2012 3:22 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good
argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right
wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for
compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote in
m:

wrote in message
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good
argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right
wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for
compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Boy did they brainwash you early. It's about the money.
Personal gain of money. How you can waste $1000x of
someone elses money to get $x for yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who is it? (what is compromise?)

Suppose the left wants to outlaw guns. The right wants to observe and
defende the Constitution. I think a compromise would be to repeal any laws
requiring government permit to carry concealed or openly, in public or
government places. A further compromise would be to repeal the GCA 1968, and
the NICS check requirement.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Richard" wrote in message
m...

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for
compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

*wrote in message
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good
argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right
wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for
compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Did the founding fathers compromise with the British?
Did Lincoln compromise with the Confederacy?
Did JFK compromise with George Wallace?

Compromise is great when it's possible. Sometimes the
differences are so great that it isn't possible.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm the OP, and what the right wing says, makes a lot more sense to me than
what the left wing says. The right wing (such as the tea party) says follow
the Constitution, spend less, and keep the government within its means.
That's a lot different than what the left says. I don't see the tea party
using "all of these tactics".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"anorton" wrote in message
m...

Exactly.

I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current US
right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox news, etc.)
is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good argument from an
intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are precisely what tells me
something evil is going on in the right wing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 5, 6:37*pm, "anorton" wrote:
[...]

You are becoming a fascist state.
You can be held without trial.
You can be shot down in the street & the police don't act.
All your communications can be spied on.
You illegally invade foriegn countries.
You practice ethnic cleansing.
You subvert foriegn governments.
Your governments steals your house and jobs.
You have concentration camps.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/6/2012 4:28 AM, harry wrote:

You are becoming a fascist state.
You can be held without trial.
You can be shot down in the street& the police don't act.
All your communications can be spied on.
You illegally invade foriegn countries.
You practice ethnic cleansing.
You subvert foriegn governments.
Your governments steals your house and jobs.
You have concentration camps.

The US is getting ready to have another tea party. I don't know when
exactly but it's "brewing".

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 5, 3:16*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may
be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and
blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe
a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently
enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Jesus?

Or Adolf Hitler.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
His primary rules we never allow the public to cool off;
never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may
be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives;
never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and
blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe
a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently
enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Ah. Got it. George Washington.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

That would not be logical.

More like PT Barnum than Capt. Kirk.