Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Who is it?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Some years ago, one of my church classes was having a look at ancient
Jewish society. One of the things the teacher mentioned was that in
the old days, the Jews made a very pronounced practice of returning
evil with evil. One person would be offended, and would return the
offense (accidental, or intentional) with every manner of anger,
hatred, persecution, and reviling that was possible.

Of course, the person who committed the initial offense may or may
not have meant any harm. But, it was left to the first person to
respond with greater anger, etc.

When the wise man Jesus Christ of Nazareth came along, he taught of
forgiveness, and tolerance of others. It was a new concept, to the
Jews. Who were used to retuning every small slight with loads of
anger.

From what I gather, you're continuing in the tradition of old. You've
got a bit of work ahead of you. I consider most of the people on alt
home repair to be my friends. You will be obliged to load anger,
hatred, and persecution on most of them, until the end of time. I'll
help, by pointing out the ones I consider my friends. Read my posts.
As I adress people as "my friend", that will tell you who to slam,
and revile.

We'll see how many alleged friends you have, dip****. I can't imagine anyone
wanting to associate with a fool who has deliberately and with no reason
dumped one of the vilest insults imaginable on at least two completely
innocent posters.

As to your "church class", it was wrong. A "scorched earth" policy for the
slightest affront is absolutely not a part of Jewish teaching, nor has it
ever been.

It is, however, my own personal philosophy.

I suggest that only the most abject fool would put much credence in a Mormon
sunday-school lecture regarding Judiasm. If you want to know something about
Judaism ask a rabbi (or me).

Of course, that fits your style. Your argument is called an "appeal to
authority," except, in this case, your "authority" and your reliance on same
is a cause for great suckage.

At MY house of worship, we invite leaders of other religions to advise us
about their history and teachings. I vividly remember the visiting Mormons.

Question from the audience: "If you 'seal' yourself in the Temple, can you
become gods?"

Answer: "It's hard to imagine what something can become. Who would think,
looking at an insignificant acorn, that someday it could become a mighty
oak..."