Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
harry harry is offline

Default Who is it?

On Apr 8, 6:53*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:55:48 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 4/6/2012 8:54 AM, wrote:
On Apr 5, 5:23 pm, *wrote:
On 4/5/2012 3:22 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

* *wrote in message
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good
argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right
wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for
compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Did the founding fathers compromise with the British?
Did Lincoln compromise with the Confederacy?
Did JFK compromise with George Wallace?

Compromise is great when it's possible. *Sometimes the
differences are so great that it isn't possible.

War of Independence
Civil War
Race War

Is that all you've got?

Did Truman compromise with Hitler and Tojo?

Yes.