Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hold the handle now, used to be jiggle the handle

Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

Have one of your six wives hold it down,mormon :| man-do you still
hate N Negroes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

I just bought a 1.50 cent universal flapper at wallyworld. It's a
piece of crap of course, doesn't even have a chain but a plastic strip
that is supposed to pull through the holes on the flush lever arm. It
wouldn't, of course, so I wound up tying it around the arm.... I'm so
used to holding down on the handle I never thought to just try flushing
it after installing it.
Did you happen to get one of those two flush models, one for one,
hold it down for a two.
Nothing is easy anymore,
http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...-too-soon.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

I just bought a 1.50 cent universal flapper at wallyworld.

1.50 cents? That's quite inexpensive, I say. Where did you get half-cent
coin?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 5:13*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the flapper and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn the handle.
Have you tried that??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote the following:
In article ,
Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

I just bought a 1.50 cent universal flapper at wallyworld.

1.50 cents? That's quite inexpensive, I say. Where did you get half-cent
coin?

A British ha'penny

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-06-14, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

wouldn't, of course, so I wound up tying it around the arm.... I'm so
used to holding down on the handle I never thought to just try flushing
it after installing it.

The difference between cheapo flappers and good one's. Good ones have
an air space on the underside of the flapper. When flushed, the air
space causes the flapper to float upward until the water in the tank
is completely gone and the flapper again drops down and seals shut.
Not exactly rocket science.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the flapper and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn the handle.
Have you tried that??

Read your reply again. That would be the opposite of what you meant. The
longer the rod, the greater the radius arc.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-06-14, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

wouldn't, of course, so I wound up tying it around the arm.... I'm so
used to holding down on the handle I never thought to just try flushing
it after installing it.

The difference between cheapo flappers and good one's. Good ones have
an air space on the underside of the flapper. When flushed, the air
space causes the flapper to float upward until the water in the tank
is completely gone and the flapper again drops down and seals shut.
Not exactly rocket science.

nb

No. not rocket science, but physical science. The flapper is designed so
that the water flowing out of the tank pushes the flapper up until there
is no more water to hold it up. The air is always in the cone at the
bottom of the flapper. How does it stay down when the tank is not
flushed?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have one fewer than the legal maximum number of wives, so
that's not an option.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jaime Osvaldo" wrote in message
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to
run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I
push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

Have one of your six wives hold it down,mormon :| man-do
you still
hate N Negroes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had to set the chain length (the provided chain was far
too long). Maybe I did leave it too long? Will try that,
thank you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the flapper
and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn
the handle.
Have you tried that??

Posted to alt.home.repair

weight of water..... gravity.....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message
m...

No. not rocket science, but physical science. The flapper is
designed so
that the water flowing out of the tank pushes the flapper up
until there
is no more water to hold it up. The air is always in the
cone at the
bottom of the flapper. How does it stay down when the tank
is not
flushed?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 9:39*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I read it, and he was telling me to shorten the chain. I'm
all confused!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message

m...
hr(bob) wrote the following:

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the
flapper and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn
the handle.
Have you tried that??

Read your reply again. That would be the opposite of what
you meant. The
longer the rod, the greater the radius arc.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

He is thinking of the rod that is part of the handle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

I just bought a 1.50 cent universal flapper at wallyworld.

1.50 cents? That's quite inexpensive, I say. Where did you get half-cent
coin?

It was estimated tax paying time, I was still in that mind set I
guess. Everyone ought to do their own taxes, maybe that would wake up
the population to all the loop holes that cause the rest of us to have
to pay more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

I just bought a 1.50 cent universal flapper at wallyworld. It's a
piece of crap of course, doesn't even have a chain but a plastic strip
that is supposed to pull through the holes on the flush lever arm. It
wouldn't, of course, so I wound up tying it around the arm.... I'm so
used to holding down on the handle I never thought to just try flushing
it after installing it.

Sounds similar to one I had before replacing all the tank internals.
The plastic strip (a continuation of the flapper) would never bind up
and keep the flapper from closing like metal chains will do.
IIRC, I cut the tips off the barbs to get the strip to fit through the
holes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I had to set the chain length (the provided chain was far
too long). Maybe I did leave it too long? Will try that,
thank you.

And important update on the 1.50 cent, correction 1.50 dollar
wallyworld flapper.
I ate a couple of burritos yesterday and off loaded them this morning
to give the old crapper a real test. I am glad to announce one push on
the trip handle (no holding it down) and KAWOOOOOOOOOSH. All gone,
those used burritos are the city's sewage collection/treatment system's
problem now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 6:13*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Reminds me of the tale of the graffiti on the wall behind a toilet in
a college men's room. Somebody had written,

"Toilet runs. Wiggle Handel."

Someone else wrote beneath it,

"If I do, will it wiggle Bach?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 15, 2:24*am, Fat-Dumb and Happy
wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I had to set the chain length (the provided chain was far
too long). Maybe I did leave it too long? Will try that,
thank you.

* And important update on the 1.50 cent, correction 1.50 dollar
wallyworld flapper.
* I ate a couple of burritos yesterday and off loaded them this morning
to give the old crapper a real test. *I am glad to announce one push on
the trip handle (no holding it down) and KAWOOOOOOOOOSH. *All gone,
those used burritos are the city's sewage collection/treatment system's
problem now.

Reminds me of the war I had with my wife. Got a Toto (Drake) and it
would 'dribble' if one held the handle and let the ball down
easy...every time. She insisted there was something wrong with it, I
couldn't convince her that what was wrong was her holding that
handle. After a year of that and many demonsstrations she finally got
the point but still occasionally does it.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

This AM, I took the lid off. Push the flush handle, and make
sure the flapper goes up good and high. Still delivered half
a tank of water.

Might need a different flapper, some day.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the flapper
and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn
the handle.
Have you tried that??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 15, 8:36*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
This AM, I took the lid off. Push the flush handle, and make
sure the flapper goes up good and high. Still delivered half
a tank of water.

Might need a different flapper, some day.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"hr(bob) " wrote in

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the flapper
and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn
the handle.
Have you tried that??

If you want more water, can you raise the float level, or will that
cause the water to go down the overflow tube?
Posted to alt.home.repair

No crap? You for real? Wouldn't be s**ting me, would you?

Maybe I need a Walflapper, not a Home Depotflapper?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Fat-Dumb and Happy" wrote
in message ...

And important update on the 1.50 cent, correction 1.50
dollar
wallyworld flapper.
I ate a couple of burritos yesterday and off loaded them
this morning
to give the old crapper a real test. I am glad to announce
one push on
the trip handle (no holding it down) and KAWOOOOOOOOOSH.
All gone,
those used burritos are the city's sewage
collection/treatment system's
problem now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Man: My toilet broken.
Musical Plumber: What are the symphtoms?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pavel314" wrote in message

Reminds me of the tale of the graffiti on the wall behind a
toilet in
a college men's room. Somebody had written,

"Toilet runs. Wiggle Handel."

Someone else wrote beneath it,

"If I do, will it wiggle Bach?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

The handle jab only delivers half the tankload. There is
enough in the tank, the challenge is to deliver the entire
tankload. It's a tankless job.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message

If you want more water, can you raise the float level, or
will that
cause the water to go down the overflow tube?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 15, 3:17*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The handle jab only delivers half the tankload. There is
enough in the tank, the challenge is to deliver the entire
tankload. It's a tankless job.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"hr(bob) " wrote in

If you want more water, can you raise the float level, or
will that
cause the water to go down the overflow tube?

How can it be tankless??? You keep referring to it as a tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, gosh. A literal thinker.

There is an old expression "it's a thankless job" as in,
there is no appreciation, or approval or thanks for those
who do this job. My comment is a play on words, which you
appear to be too literal to understand. Or, perhaps, you
don't know the expression.

What is the circumference of an igloo? Eskimo Pi.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message
tankload. It's a tankless job.

How can it be tankless??? You keep referring to it as a
tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

stuff snipped

What is the circumference of an igloo? Eskimo Pi.

Why do Eskimo women wash their clothes in Tide?

Because it's too cold out "tide"!

--
Bobby G.