Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hold the handle now, used to be jiggle the handle

On Jun 14, 5:13*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Maybe you should shorten the connection between the flapper and the
handle, so that the flapper lifts up higher when you turn the handle.
Have you tried that??