Posted to alt.home.repair
Fat-Dumb and Happy Fat-Dumb and Happy is offline

Default Hold the handle now, used to be jiggle the handle

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Remember the old days, when the toilet would continue to run
unless you jiggled the handle?

My new rebuild kit, Fluidmaster, from Home Depot. If I push
the handle, it discharges about half the water in the tank
down the holes through the bowl.

To get a full flush, I have to stand there and hold the
handle down.Is this a design feature? Does that mean I'll
spend the rest of my life holding a toilet handle down?

I just bought a 1.50 cent universal flapper at wallyworld. It's a
piece of crap of course, doesn't even have a chain but a plastic strip
that is supposed to pull through the holes on the flush lever arm. It
wouldn't, of course, so I wound up tying it around the arm.... I'm so
used to holding down on the handle I never thought to just try flushing
it after installing it.
Did you happen to get one of those two flush models, one for one,
hold it down for a two.
Nothing is easy anymore,
http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...-too-soon.html