Posted to alt.home.repair
null

Default Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion

Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the single
handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two handles,
only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

null wrote:
Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the
single handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two
handles, only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a two
handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly available
solution.

Why do you want to switch?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
null

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
null wrote:
Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the
single handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two
handles, only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a two
handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly available
solution.

Why do you want to switch?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I figure adjusting the hot would be more precise.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

null wrote:
Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the
single handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two
handles, only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a
two handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly
available solution.

Why do you want to switch?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I figure adjusting the hot would be more precise.

Just get a good single handle and don't have the hot set too high at the
water heater. I find it a lot easier to set the temperature with a good
single handle control that a double. However some of the cheap ones ( I
travel a lot) are difficult to control.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

They have single handle ones with temp adjust digital readouts

Just set the temperature you want and enjoy! It remains preset forever
or untill somone changes it.

This is precise control