Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

fnord

Default toilet flushing -- have to hold the handle

I've just installed a new toilet, and I have to hold the handle down to
complete the flush.

Is there some adjustment that I have to make? It seems like the flapper
is closing too soon.

thanks,
fnord

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

fnord wrote:
I've just installed a new toilet, and I have to hold the handle down to
complete the flush.

Is there some adjustment that I have to make? It seems like the flapper
is closing too soon.

thanks,
fnord

You can adjust your local US Congressperson :P The new toilets have
some kind of low water regulation. When doing #1, just give it a normal
single push. When #2, hold the handle for that extra force of water.

I am assuming it does indeed actually flush with 1 push. If your saying
it bounces back down immediately, probably your damper chain is kinked
and pushing it back down, or the chain is heavy, or too long. have you
looked in the tank to see what happens?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert