Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery Shelf Life

I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 10:43*am, Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. *The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. *Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . * I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. *I know there used to be. *Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My small battery tester has 2 probes you could put a hole in the top
and bottom plastic, or simply open the pack and tape it up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dottie" wrote in message
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You have to touch the contacts to check them. You may be able to find a
voltmeter with sharp probes to push through the package to hit the top and
bottom. Personally, I've never found a battery that died before its time so
I never bothered checking them. The other day I replace a AAA battery that
has been in use for a thermometer LCD readout and the date was 2006.

I'd wait until 2013 and check them at that time, or use them up if possible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,
Keep them in the fridge and small multimeter will test them.
If voltage reading is proper, it is in good condition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There are low cost battery testers. Living in Florida you should know
that heat is a big enemy of batteries so store them in the coolest spot
in your house. As others say, they should be good past their expiration
date.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 10:43 am, Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My small battery tester has 2 probes you could put a hole in the top
and bottom plastic, or simply open the pack and tape it up.

Shouldn't they be tested under a load equivalent to their intended use?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 1:17*pm, "1D10T" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

On Jun 6, 10:43 am, Dottie wrote:

I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My small battery tester has 2 probes you could put a hole in the top
and bottom plastic, or simply open the pack and tape it up.

Shouldn't they be tested under a load equivalent to their intended use?

The one I use induces a load, probably any "battery tester" induces a
certain amount of determined load, all I know is it works and has
saved me alot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 08:43:48 -0700 (PDT), Dottie
wrote:

I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Radio Shack my have something for you.

Hurricane season has started, and most likely that is when the power
outages happen. What do you operate during a power outage, requiring a
large collection? If it is a radio one might look at the wind up types
with emergency bands for weather.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 8:43*am, Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. *The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. *Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . * I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. *I know there used to be. *Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think your desired spec of "not needing to remove it from the
pacakge" is going to make finding one a lot more difficult.

I have one that I "inherited" from my wife's aunt.....it loads the
battery so you really know if the battery has any real energy left.

google

AA battery tester

and checkout the results....the one at amazon "might" be able to work
on batteries still in the package

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Feeling secure is probably best accomplished by having spares. If, in the
emergency, the replacement battery doesn't work, toss it and use the backup
battery*. Repeat until you get one that works.

-------
* Don't toss the problematic batter too far... it might be the bulb that's
bad. Or the switch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 11:08*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Dottie wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I have lanterns that require the large ones and then lanterns
that need four D size. The TV takes 6 D size. There are several of
those small round lights (4 AA each) ... one of each room. Weather
radio that can be recharged by turning the crank plus it takes plain
AA batteries in addition to the rechargeable one.

Last year I bought a generator but we have very little experience
actually running it - and that's fine with me. I want to be prepared
in case of several days without power - and not rely too much on the
generator. Everything appears to be working fine as long as the
battteries are still good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dorothy" wrote in message
On Jun 7, 11:08 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Dottie wrote:
[...]

-----
FYI - the TV isn't going to work after the changeover to digital TV next
week. There won't be any analog TV signals for it to pick up. -- There are a
few battery-poered digital TVs, but they take 8 AA cells and don't operate
for more than a few minutes before the batteries are gone. Of course, you
can pick up a 12-hour battery pack for $120.00 -- better to buy a generator
and use that to power a few essentials.

Posted to alt.home.repair

For single use batteries, there are three "basic" kinds.
Carbon cells, alkalines, and lithium.

Carbon cells last two to five years, maybe. These are the
ones that say "Heavy Duty".

Alkalines last a lot longer than that. About six weeks ago,
I opened a flashlight I bought 10 years ago. Mag light, with
Energizer D cells. Unused, in the original package. Worked
fine.

Lithium batteries are supposed to last even longer than
that.

If you bought alkalines, there's not much worry. As others
have suggested, many VOM have sharp tips you can stab
through a package. You can also make a tester with a PR-4
bulb and a piece of wire, to do a quick, crude test to see
if a C, D, or AA, or AAA cell is working. For lanten
batteries use a PR-12 from terminal to terminal.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dottie" wrote in message
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of
batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on
most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test
these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a
flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that
they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could
test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they
didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was
such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dorothy wrote:
On Jun 7, 11:08 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Dottie wrote:
[...]

Good-O on the generator, but here's one more tip:

I'm in Houston and have a big honkin' generator for the office. The
generator is normally backed up with five gallons of gas (enough for about
six hours of run-time). We were, we thought, prepared for Hurricane Yikes.

Who knew that EVERY GODDAMN GAS STATION FOR SIXTY MILES would be without
power ! And the gas stations STAYED that way for over a week !

Now we have eight six-gallon gas cans to be filled when the next storm
approaches.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dorothy wrote:

Thanks. I have lanterns that require the large ones and then lanterns
that need four D size. The TV takes 6 D size. There are several of
those small round lights (4 AA each) ... one of each room. Weather
radio that can be recharged by turning the crank plus it takes plain
AA batteries in addition to the rechargeable one.

Last year I bought a generator but we have very little experience
actually running it - and that's fine with me. I want to be prepared
in case of several days without power - and not rely too much on the
generator. Everything appears to be working fine as long as the
battteries are still good.

Another tip:

Get a couple of kerosene lanterns, less than $5.00 each. Kerosene keeps,
like, forever.

I stopped by my local auto parts store and scavenged a dozen or so plastic
oil cans from the trash. I put the kerosene in these oil cans to make the
eventual re-fill process easier than fiddling with the 5-gallon kerosene
drum in the dark.

The kerosene lamps have other uses. Not long ago some twit took out the
street lamp in front of my house. Hit that sucker square on and uprooted a
30-foot steel pole right out of the ground!

I politely mentioned the missing street light to the agency responsible
about three times with no result.

Then I found a 10' tree limb, stuck it in the hole formerly occupied by the
street lamp, and hung a kerosene lantern on one of the twigs.

A picture of this alternative was attached to yet another email and, presto,
the street light was replaced forthwith!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

For single use batteries, there are three "basic" kinds.
Carbon cells, alkalines, and lithium.

Carbon cells last two to five years, maybe. These are the
ones that say "Heavy Duty".

Carbon-zincs are a waste of money.

Alkalines last a lot longer than that. About six weeks ago,
I opened a flashlight I bought 10 years ago. Mag light, with
Energizer D cells. Unused, in the original package. Worked
fine.

alkalines are rated 5-7 yrs stored life.(retaining 85% of their capacity)

Lithium batteries are supposed to last even longer than
that.

Lithium are rated for 10 yr stored life.

If you bought alkalines, there's not much worry. As others
have suggested, many VOM have sharp tips you can stab
through a package. You can also make a tester with a PR-4
bulb and a piece of wire, to do a quick, crude test to see
if a C, D, or AA, or AAA cell is working. For lanten
batteries use a PR-12 from terminal to terminal.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's wise to try and adjust to the sun's schedule. Go to bed
when it gets dark. That cuts back on your need for
artificial light.

Other, less cheeful thought. I live in NY, but I personally
know of at least two people who have had generators stolen.
If you use it, chain it securely. Preferably within chain
range of a big dog who is protective of the family and
generator. Dog might have rock-concert type hearing for a
couple days. And post armed watch over the generator.

If you bought name brand alkaline batteries (Energizer,
Duracell, Rayovac) they should be fine. As others have said,
keep them cool but not frozen. Refrigerator may be overkill.
But they should be stored in a cellar, or at floor level.
Dry can be accomplished by storing the batteries in screw
cap jar, wtih a dessicant packet.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dorothy" wrote in message

Thanks. I have lanterns that require the large ones and
then lanterns
that need four D size. The TV takes 6 D size. There are
several of
those small round lights (4 AA each) ... one of each room.
Weather
radio that can be recharged by turning the crank plus it
takes plain
AA batteries in addition to the rechargeable one.

Last year I bought a generator but we have very little
experience
actually running it - and that's fine with me. I want to be
prepared
in case of several days without power - and not rely too
much on the
generator. Everything appears to be working fine as long
as the
battteries are still good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery Shelf Life (now price gouging laws)

You know, a gas station with a generator could sell a lot of
gasline in a hurry when the others go dark. As I understand
things, the government has regulated that supply and demand
pricing is no longer legal. Suppose gasoline is running
around 2.79 a galon (at present in Rochester NY area). The
power is out for a couple days. The gas station at the
corner has huge underground tanks. They spent $6,000 last
year to put in a natural gas generator, and have it wired to
the station. The manager figures he's got 2,000 galons of
gas in the ground. He's got to make that 6K back in the
next couple power cuts. So, he charges 3.79 a galon for the
fuel. The customers complain about price gouging, and the
news media picks up on the story. They run the story about
the price gouging. The store sells out of gasoline in a day,
cause they are only one who is running. The cops arrest the
guy, and the courts fine him four grand, for price gouging.
When the power comes back on, the gas station owner has a
demolition company come in and rip out the generator. Says
the generator is money loser.

So, the effect of anti price gouging laws is that the
product becomes simply and totally unavailable at any price.
Thank you, washington DC!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

!

Now we have eight six-gallon gas cans to be filled when the
next storm
approaches.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Carbon cells last two to five years, maybe. These are the
ones that say "Heavy Duty".

Carbon-zincs are a waste of money.

CY: Generaly, yes. They are good for giving away to other
people. And good for short term needs, like a flashlight you
only need for the weekend.

Alkalines last a lot longer than that. About six weeks
ago,
I opened a flashlight I bought 10 years ago. Mag light,
with
Energizer D cells. Unused, in the original package. Worked
fine.

alkalines are rated 5-7 yrs stored life.(retaining 85% of
their capacity)

CY: You mean, that the Mag light I stored for ten years is
now a 2.55 cell mag, instead of a 3 cell mag?

Lithium batteries are supposed to last even longer than
that.

Lithium are rated for 10 yr stored life.

CY: And how much capacity at the end of the decade?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

[...]

IIRC,90%.
Lithiums also operate in a wider temp range.(like cold temps,where one
might want to take pics with their camera and alkalines would be affected)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

It's wise to try and adjust to the sun's schedule. Go to bed
when it gets dark. That cuts back on your need for
artificial light.

Other, less cheeful thought. I live in NY, but I personally
know of at least two people who have had generators stolen.

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

If you use it, chain it securely. Preferably within chain
range of a big dog who is protective of the family and
generator. Dog might have rock-concert type hearing for a
couple days. And post armed watch over the generator.

If you bought name brand alkaline batteries (Energizer,
Duracell, Rayovac) they should be fine. As others have said,
keep them cool but not frozen. Refrigerator may be overkill.
But they should be stored in a cellar, or at floor level.
Dry can be accomplished by storing the batteries in screw
cap jar, wtih a dessicant packet.

Duracells leak more often than other brands I've used.
(except for Harbor Freights "Thunderbolt" cells;those were horrible.)
I don't use Duracells any more.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Jun 8, 10:46*am, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. *It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. *Only fools believe jesus was real. *Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. *It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

It is a belief. Just like your belief that he does not exist.
Nothing can be proven either way.

When YOU PROVE he doesn't exist, then we'll talk. Until then a belief
is a belief. If you want to try to convert someone, the burden of
proof is on you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:46:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. Only fools believe jesus was real. Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

Yes. I find religion makes more sense when considered as an infectious
disease usually transmitted from parent to child (not congenital, but
through emotional / intellectual abuse). In the case of that site,
it's sick people trying to spread their disease (not "learning" at
all). No, I don't hate the OP, any more that I hate someone with
smallpox. I'm still protecting myself from infection.

BTW, the storybook has multiple (mostly unknown) authors. Also, really
bad writing.
--
"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:19:43 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

It's wise to try and adjust to the sun's schedule. Go to bed
when it gets dark. That cuts back on your need for
artificial light.

And don't mess with our clocks (DST= Damn Stupid Time :-)).

[snip]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

It's wise to try and adjust to the sun's schedule. Go to bed
when it gets dark. That cuts back on your need for
artificial light.

Other, less cheeful thought. I live in NY, but I personally
know of at least two people who have had generators stolen.

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

Texas Penal Code 9.42 DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land
or tangible, moveable property:

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is
immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's immediate commission of arson, burglary,
robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing
burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from
escaping with the property...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:40:58 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

[...]

Texas GOT it right!

Witness the Joe Horn shooting controversy.

Now on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Other, less cheeful thought. I live in NY, but I
personally
know of at least two people who have had generators
stolen.

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

CY: Sad to hear that, Jim. You save your money, and buy a
much needed generator, and it disappears. That's no good.

If you bought name brand alkaline batteries (Energizer,
Duracell, Rayovac) they should be fine. As others have
said,
keep them cool but not frozen. Refrigerator may be
overkill.
But they should be stored in a cellar, or at floor level.
Dry can be accomplished by storing the batteries in screw
cap jar, wtih a dessicant packet.

Duracells leak more often than other brands I've used.
(except for Harbor Freights "Thunderbolt" cells;those were
horrible.)
I don't use Duracells any more.

CY: I've had good results with the HF batteries. I had some
that looked a little like Duracell "Infinity Beyond" from
Ebay. they were out of date, and about 1/6 of them leaked.
AAA cells, was the size. Others have written that Duracells
leak. And other people write that Energizer has good quality
control, and seldom leak.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:06:26 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

CY: Sad to hear that, Jim. You save your money, and buy a
much needed generator, and it disappears. That's no good.

Generators don't disappear (thin air), nor grow legs and walk away.

Head beatings are soon commenced for the guilty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Other, less cheeful thought. I live in NY, but I
personally
know of at least two people who have had generators
stolen.

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

CY: Sad to hear that, Jim. You save your money, and buy a
much needed generator, and it disappears. That's no good.

well,it was my Acura Integra GS-R,not a generator.
First had the ECU stolen off it(unusable for 6 weeks),then a few years
later they stole the whole car(and my tools),stripped it and torched it.
Gone in 60 seconds,literally,despite alarm and anti-theft measures.
I didn't even have a chance for a single shot.

2 neighbors had their motorcyles stolen within a week(I saw one
happen!),another one had her bicycle stolen off her screened patio.

[...]

I bought a box of the HF Thunderbolt AAA alkalines,and half leaked before I
got to use them,in just a short time.
Some of the ones in use also leaked.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8 Jun 2009 22:13:09 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

2 neighbors had their motorcyles stolen within a week(I saw one
happen!),another one had her bicycle stolen off her screened patio.

Golly. That deserves at least ONE warning shot. Even cocking a round
is a deterrence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

NotX wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:46:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. Only fools believe jesus was real. Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

Yes. I find religion makes more sense when considered as an infectious
disease usually transmitted from parent to child (not congenital, but
through emotional / intellectual abuse). In the case of that site,
it's sick people trying to spread their disease (not "learning" at
all). No, I don't hate the OP, any more that I hate someone with
smallpox. I'm still protecting myself from infection.

BTW, the storybook has multiple (mostly unknown) authors. Also, really
bad writing.

Even I've heard of King James.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:40:35 -0700 (PDT), Pat
wrote:

On Jun 8, 10:46Â*am, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Â*www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. Â*It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. Â*Only fools believe jesus was real. Â*Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. Â*It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

It is a belief. Just like your belief that he does not exist.
Nothing can be proven either way.

When YOU PROVE he doesn't exist, then we'll talk. Until then a belief
is a belief. If you want to try to convert someone, the burden of
proof is on you.

Not going to get into a religeous debate here, but the question of
whether Jesus of Nazareth lived some 2000 years ago is not a question
of faith or conjecture. It is a historic documented fact.

The only question that remains a matter of faith is if he was who he
claimed to be.. In order for him to be the son of God, you must
believe God exists. This is neither provable nor disproveable, so
remains a matter of faith.

When it comes to the old testement, the proof of whether some
character or another actually existed gets a lot more difficult.

Some are historically verifiable. Some are not.
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Jun 7, 8:58*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

For lanten batteries use a PR-12 from terminal to terminal.

It makes no sense to buy lantern batteries when the batteries cost
more than a new lantern with battery.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair

In my experience (yes, I did test a bunch) alkaline
batteries last four times as long as carbon cells. The
Walmart near me, the cheap lantern went from 3.50 to 4.50.
So if the alkaline lantern battery is cheaper than $18, it's
a good deal.

Of course, you can't give an Energizer alkaline lantern
battery to four kids, to play flash light tag out in the
field. So, the cheap lanterns have their uses.

Alkaline batteries last a LOT longer on the shelf, so they
are good for hurricane preps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

For lanten batteries use a PR-12 from terminal to
terminal.

It makes no sense to buy lantern batteries when the
batteries cost
more than a new lantern with battery.

KC

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:46:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. Only fools believe jesus was real. Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

Sure he existed - he was some dark skinned Jewish kid who caused lots
of problems for the authorities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery Shelf Life (now nature of Jesus)

Used to wander off, too. Gave his parents fits. Why, I
remember the one time he was eleven or twelve, and he
wandered off to see the temple, and his parents didn't know
where he was. They found him hours later, and he dissed them
"who is my father?" he asked. D'uh, like he didn't know who
was Joseph or something. I guess he didn't listen to Dr.
Laura Schlessinger show.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dgk" wrote in message

Sure he existed - he was some dark skinned Jewish kid who
caused lots
of problems for the authorities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:30:42 -0400, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:46:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. Only fools believe jesus was real. Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

Sure he existed - he was some dark skinned Jewish kid who caused lots
of problems for the authorities.

Actually not. The stories are a conglomeration of other stories floating
about the area. If there was a real jesus, there were actually piles
of them, religious nutjobs eeking a living spinning tales for the gullable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:22:29 -0500, bud--

wrote:

On Jun 8, 10:46 am, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Not going to get into a religeous debate here, but the question of
whether Jesus of Nazareth lived some 2000 years ago is not a question
of faith or conjecture. It is a historic documented fact.

The only question that remains a matter of faith is if he was who he
claimed to be.. In order for him to be the son of God,

He claimed to be the son of god?

cite

"God" is a non-entity other than in the imaginations of deluded
people. In the real world, non-entities don't have sons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:30:42 -0400, dgk wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:46:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:26:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Jesus never existed. It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook
called the bible. Only fools believe jesus was real. Most kids quit
believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy
and jesus christ by the age of ten. It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

Sure he existed - he was some dark skinned Jewish kid who caused lots
of problems for the authorities.

At least THAT Jesus is a part of the real world. That's different from
the mythical critter religious idiots made up.
--
"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."

Shelf life of paint [email protected] UK diy 3 June 26th 07 08:02 PM
Glue shelf life Chris Woodworking 5 April 28th 07 11:29 PM
anchorseal shelf life ? minnjim Woodturning 12 February 6th 07 06:57 AM
BLO Shelf Life Russ Stanton Woodworking 2 January 9th 07 02:34 PM
Cement shelf life mike ring UK diy 27 March 29th 05 01:14 AM