Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Battery Shelf Life

Dottie wrote:
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries
for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them
say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these - without
having to take them all out of the package and put them in a flash
light or something . I need to feel safe and sure that they are in
good working order and would feel a lot better if I could test them.
Asked in the hardware and auto section of Walmart and they didn't
carry them ... hadn't seen them.... I just assumed there was such a
thing. I know there used to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,
Keep them in the fridge and small multimeter will test them.
If voltage reading is proper, it is in good condition.