Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Glue shelf life

In this past year I read an article in one of the woodworking magazines
where they explained how to decode the numbers printed on the glue bottles
of the leading manufacturers. As you can imagine a year shelf life is not a
long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's been
sitting around...well you get the picture. So I can't remember where I read
it & I can't find the info on the net and I need to get some titebond lll &
was hoping to be able to determine how fresh it was.
Anybody else know this info?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Titebond....First number represents the final digit in the year made
followed by letter designating month....A Jan..B feb. etc. Letter I is
skipped because it looks like a one.
"Chris" wrote in message
In this past year I read an article in one of the woodworking magazines
where they explained how to decode the numbers printed on the glue bottles
of the leading manufacturers. As you can imagine a year shelf life is not
a long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's
been sitting around...well you get the picture. So I can't remember where
I read it & I can't find the info on the net and I need to get some
titebond lll & was hoping to be able to determine how fresh it was.
Anybody else know this info?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Chris" wrote in message
In this past year I read an article in one of the woodworking magazines
where they explained how to decode the numbers printed on the glue bottles
of the leading manufacturers. As you can imagine a year shelf life is not
a long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's
been sitting around...well you get the picture. So I can't remember where
I read it & I can't find the info on the net and I need to get some
titebond lll & was hoping to be able to determine how fresh it was.
Anybody else know this info?

Somebody gave me a bottle of Titebond as a gag gift. About 8 years later I
actually used it. Worked fine.
This was before I got into woodworking, obviously.

Shelf life of plaster Dan_Musicant Home Repair 29 September 11th 06 08:56 PM
different glue for PVC pipe with long shelf life? autonut843 Home Repair 4 May 31st 06 04:13 PM
Titebond Shelf Life Jerry Woodworking 4 May 19th 05 03:50 AM
Watco shelf life Earl Woodturning 2 April 8th 05 02:04 AM
Shelf life for glue (revisited) Wally Woodworking 12 July 5th 04 07:39 PM