DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Glue shelf life (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/199188-glue-shelf-life.html)

Chris April 28th 07 01:18 PM

Glue shelf life

In this past year I read an article in one of the woodworking magazines
where they explained how to decode the numbers printed on the glue bottles
of the leading manufacturers. As you can imagine a year shelf life is not a
long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's been
sitting around...well you get the picture. So I can't remember where I read
it & I can't find the info on the net and I need to get some titebond lll &
was hoping to be able to determine how fresh it was.
Anybody else know this info?

Lee April 28th 07 02:59 PM

Glue shelf life

Titebond....First number represents the final digit in the year made
followed by letter designating month....A Jan..B feb. etc. Letter I is
skipped because it looks like a one.

Toller April 28th 07 06:04 PM

Glue shelf life

"Chris" wrote in message
In this past year I read an article in one of the woodworking magazines
where they explained how to decode the numbers printed on the glue bottles
of the leading manufacturers. As you can imagine a year shelf life is not
a long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's
been sitting around...well you get the picture. So I can't remember where
I read it & I can't find the info on the net and I need to get some
titebond lll & was hoping to be able to determine how fresh it was.
Anybody else know this info?

Somebody gave me a bottle of Titebond as a gag gift. About 8 years later I
actually used it. Worked fine.
This was before I got into woodworking, obviously.

J T April 28th 07 10:28 PM

Glue shelf life

Sat, Apr 28, 2007, 8:18am (Chris) doth mumble:
snip As you can imagine a year shelf life is not a long time unless
you working on a big project and to buy glue that's been sitting
around...well you get the picture. snip

Yeah I get the picture. Or at least A picture. It's a no brainer,
if you've got nothing better to do then worry about something like that,
buy smaller bottles of glue.

JOAT
If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.
- W.S. Lind