Jason Pope

Default Macrovision hack?

DarkMatter wrote:
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:48:26 -0800, "Mike Kohary" Gave
us:

The media is irrelevant. Copyright doesn't protect media; it protects works
contained on that media. Media will change with time, but the copyright
will always apply to the work, regardless of the media.

Your right to make a "back up" WILL change as the medium used for
storing the IP changes. THAT is the part that you don't get.

Again... You do NOT need a ****ing backup of a DVD.

Try having a couple of kids under three!
Making a backup is a wise thing to do and under "Fair Use" is allowed.
As long as the copy isn't sold on!

Jason

JW

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:44:03 -0800 DarkMatter
wrote in Message id:
:

[...] Some other moron's half pennies worth.

They remind me of the "drug dealer" asshole that made it onto TV
after the riot in LA. He thought that since his business acumen in
illicit drugs was soooo good, that he should be employed by some
legitimate faction... 'cause he was so good at "business".

I want firing squads back. Televised.

Looking for some new wank material to pound your shriveled choad over,
eh?

New cable channel... The Dead Criminal Channel!

Start with the ******* that killed my Aunt and my Cousin back in 87'

A pity he didn't get you as well. With the drool hanging from your
recessed chin, you probably looked like you weren't worth the effort.

that has done nothing but suck away tax dollars earmarked for schools.

Tax dollars that, no doubt, are paid out to you while you sit hunched
over your computer pounding out your usual troll-filled drivel.

KILL the ****s! KILL 'EM ALL!***BZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ***

Time for your morning electro-shock Therapy, DickBatter. Let the men in
white coats guide you to salvation.
JW

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:46:47 -0800 DarkMatter
wrote in Message id:
:

I'm sorry. What you need is the likes of me busting down your door,
reminding you that these freedoms came at a price, and will only
continue with an attached price.

I can almost picture BarkBlather now - complete with black boots and a
swastika, but what's the deal with that leather thong? Yikes!

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:44:56 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Totally correct Mike!

You are legally entitled to make a single copy of anything you own that
may be copyrighted, it's called "Fair Use", and until the nazi's get
back in power we will always have that right!

You don't however have the right to sell that copy on!

Not true. Show me where the law says that any copyrighted product
can be copied one time. You cannot. Nor can you come into this group
with your lame bull****, and pass it off as fact.

I can come into any newsgroup I like!

A person making a second copy of a bought disk for themselves, here in
the UK, would almost certainly beat any copyright infringement issue
under the "Fair Use" portion of the law.

The US is only about making rich people richer, so they are going to be
different!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:01:59 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Try having a couple of kids under three!

Sorry, but kids do not handle my DVDs, and any kid I am around gets
taught about optical data storage mediums, and have half a ****ing
brain.

Yep, can't argue with that,......any kid hanging around you would have
to have only half a brain,......most especially if they are related to you!

If you let yours have access to your discs, and fail to teach them
correctly, well... I guess that more ****ing retards are due on the
street.

So you'd know where your kids are at all times would you?
You're a ****ing joke!

Making a backup is a wise thing to do and under "Fair Use" is allowed.

No. Making a backup of a DVD is not "allowed" under fair use.

Oh, by the way, I'm not American so aren't covered under your nazi laws!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:46:05 -0500, JW Gave us:

Do you have permission to use AOL's domain in your email address?

If he has an AOL account, it does not matter what service he uses to
access the Usenet from. Not only that, but he can publish any e-mail
account name he wishes, false or otherwise.

Get a clue.

You're wrong there!
You are not allowed under your ISP's Terms and Conditions to "spoof" an
email address of a legitimate company, if that email account name is not
registered to you!

That's basically because you might cause a load of spam to be sent to
someone who isn't you!

I suggest you reread your ISP's TOS!

HTH

Jason

Jason Pope

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:08:36 -0500, JW Gave us:

wrote in Message id:
:

[...] Some other moron's half pennies worth.

They remind me of the "drug dealer" asshole that made it onto TV
after the riot in LA. He thought that since his business acumen in
illicit drugs was soooo good, that he should be employed by some
legitimate faction... 'cause he was so good at "business".

I want firing squads back. Televised.

Looking for some new wank material to pound your shriveled choad over,
eh?

New cable channel... The Dead Criminal Channel!

Start with the ******* that killed my Aunt and my Cousin back in 87'

A pity he didn't get you as well. With the drool hanging from your
recessed chin, you probably looked like you weren't worth the effort.

You are quite lucky that I don't come find your lame, retarded,
un-American ass. Damned lucky.

that has done nothing but suck away tax dollars earmarked for schools.

Tax dollars that, no doubt, are paid out to you while you sit hunched
over your computer pounding out your usual troll-filled drivel.

You are an idiot. I work a full time job, doing electrical
engineering. You, on the other hand, spend your time trolling usenet
discussions.

KILL the ****s! KILL 'EM ALL!***BZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ***

Time for your morning electro-shock Therapy, DickBatter.

More pointless drivel from the adolescent twit of a.v.d

Let the men in
white coats guide you to salvation.

Well, we don't have a clean room... yet. But we do manufacture
products used by the high end medical community.

You, on the other hand, have daily sessions with your basket weavers
are us class.

Do **** off, you retarded *******. Do consider yourself lucky that
I ignore your insult of my Aunt, Cousin, and family. Do pray I don't
change my mind.

Making threats online is also an offence mate!
Sounds very much to me that you are threatening his life, something the
feds don't take well to I've heard!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:16:27 -0500, JW Gave us:

He's posting from Cox. Most likely, the little cocksucker is forging
AOL's domain, you ignorant ****wipe.

My, my... you are one retarded ****, eh? AOL offers access, and
accounts to high bandwidth users. Do get a clue. It matters not
where he connects to Usenet from.

You clueless twit.

As long as that account is actually registered to him!

Jason

sam

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 04:05:28 -0800, DarkMatter
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:44:56 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Totally correct Mike!

You are legally entitled to make a single copy of anything you own that
may be copyrighted, it's called "Fair Use", and until the nazi's get
back in power we will always have that right!

You don't however have the right to sell that copy on!

Not true. Show me where the law says that any copyrighted product
can be copied one time.

Surely not even you can be as stupid as that you foul streak of slime.
(Go to google - where I imagine you would have to spend quite a bit of time - and see if
you can find out which branch of philosophy focuses on these issues - I'll be back to
question you later)
Law is about constraint not about liberty. In other words it defines principally what you
CAN'T do rather than what you CAN.

The exceptions to this arise largely from case law.
There is no case law as yet relating to DVD backup.
Hence there is no TESTED law that will stop anyone backing up a DVD.
See? I'm doing it now, I did it yesterday, and I'll do it tomorrow.

You cannot.

You're such a tiny piece of **** that it's a surprise anyone's prepared to educate you.

"Fair use" along with an absence of suitable case law ensures that it will only be pricks
like yourself who will even bother to try and enunciate the law as they see it.

Now.
"The Complete version of the U.S. Copyright Law" (1Mb pdf)
is available at:-

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/circ92.pdf

Read that and shut-the-**** up.

But note that this is U.S. copyright law. The devil will take the hindmost as far as
other countries are concerned.

Nor can you come into this group
with your lame bull****, and pass it off as fact.

In fact he can. Notice, you ****witted peabrain, that the consensus is carried here by
anyone with a functioning cerebrum. Of course that will exclude you.
sam

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:49:37 -0800, DarkMatter
wrote:

Every time you buy a disc, you agree not to duplicate it with a
legally binding contract.

In fact it is not a contract you numbskull. Note that a contract requires the volition of
two parties.

Now, would you like to try again?

sam

On 10 Mar 2004 22:10:32 -0800, (No Time) wrote:

"Mike Kohary" wrote in message ...

In many states, it's not illegal for a minor to smoke, but it's illegal for
them to buy cigarettes. Anyway...

The point is, there is a huge battleground right now, between consumers and
media companies.

You mean criminals and media companies.

The DMCA is ground zero for the battle at the moment, and
while a DVD consumer such as yourself may or may not be particularly
interested in taking a side, I would advise that if you do take a side, it
be against the DMCA.

Of course you would, like a good little criminal. True consumers
couldn't care less about this **** and go along their merry way not
worrying for one second that they have no rights to copy their DVD's
for "protection." The idea is fundamentally preposterous;

which idea?

they don't
expect to be able to "copy" their cars, TV sets, refrigerators, and
prostitutes

but this is 10th-rate sophistry and a daft unusable analogy - none of these things are
copyable hence the object-to-object comparison fails.

in case their "kids mess them up" or whatever other lies
pirates inflict on the ignorant to garner support for their morally
bankrupt positions. Therefore the only ones breaking a sweat over crap
like this are those who steal from the companies, and, like the nice
little cowards they are, instead of recognizing that they're getting
what's coming to them, they're trying to rally the troops. Too bad you
lot are so incredibly transparent.

The DMCA is a draconian law that completely favors
media industry and tramples the consumer's rights to fair use of their
legally purchased product.

Like I said upthread, it sucks that you have no rights to other
people's property, huh?

It would help if you go back to Caxton. It isn't the case that the protection of *all*
intellectual property is a *good thing*.
Your moral case is simplistic bordering on fatuous.

It causes all sorts of hassles and
inconveniences,

Sure, for criminals.

...zzzzz...

from not being able to route your DVD player through your
VCR because of Macrovision,

Thank the pirates for that.

(hopeless)

to preventing you from exercising your legal
right to make a backup copy of any media/data you have legally purchased.

Backup copies being used about 99.9999999% of the time for illegal
purposes forced the DMCA. Again, thank the pirates for that.

The big problem is, while many of these laws and measures stymie the
criminal element, they also stymie those who act in a perfectly legal
manner.

Well they'd have to care first and foremost. But on Bizarro World
where consumers actually care about this kind of inconsequential
nonsense, they can again thank the pirates for forcing the property
owners' hands.

I'll bet that if a cop pulled you over for an illegal random
vehicle search, using the justification that his actions help catch real
criminals and represent only a minor inconvenience to legal folks such as
yourself (the old "If you aren't guilty, you have nothing to be afraid of"
schtick) that you'd be pretty upset about that.

Sure, but the cops aren't coming into your bedroom and going through
your DVD-R's so there's no physical intrusion. Come up with an analogy
that makes sense.

Of course, by copying the product you are circumventing the copy
protection.

Indeed, hence the paradox.

It's not a paradox. You don't get to make copies of DVD's anymore. And
you never should have. Again, thank the pirates.

Which law beats out which law? That is partly
what the courts are trying to decide now. The most recent decision, against
DVD X Copy, is a blow to the consumer, regardless of how you feel about that
particular product.

Again, you misspelled "criminal."

But law relating to copyright is not black and white, has never been fixed but rather has
bent to suit changing circumstances. Also intellectual property rights are very hard to
root in any sense or structure of 'natural' law, i.e. law which is evident in a
common-sense way e.g. murder, abuse, the seven deadly sins (although an academic paper has
recently proclaimed lust to be beneficial) direct theft of physical property (no, this is
not the same as intellectual property but we can develop that argument if you have the
sense to understand it).

Mike

Rick

"DarkMatter" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:05:11 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

No, consumers and media companies. Consumers who,
according to our courts, have the rights to time shift and
space shift their digital media.

NO. RETARD BOY! Time shifting is ONLY related to a broadcast
segment, not ANY stream popping off your DVD player... EVER!

Read the court decisions, you idiot:

Sony v. Universal City Studios, 1984:
"Private, noncommercial time-shifting in the home satisfies this
standard of noninfringing uses both because respondents have
no right to prevent other copyright holders from authorizing such
time-shifting for their programs, and because the District Court's
findings reveal that even the unauthorized home time-shifting of
respondents' programs is legitimate fair use."

This decision was reaffirmed by a U.S. District Court in 1999,
even after passage of the DMCA. The RIAA didn't appeal
because they knew damned well they would lose:

RIAA v. Diamond Multimedia, 1999:
"In fact, the Rio's operation is entirely consistent with the [Home
Recording] Act's main purpose - the facilitation of personal use.
As the Senate Report explains, "the purpose of the Act is to
ensure the right of consumers to make analog or digital recordings
of copyrighted media for their private, noncommercial use". Cf.
Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios (1984, holding
that "time-shifting" constitutes fair use under the Copyright Act,
and thus is not an infringement). Such copying is paradigmatic
noncommercial personal use entirely consistent with the
purposes of the Act."

The DMCA has failed more
legal challenges than it has passed,

You're an idiot.

Sorry, saying it doesn't make it so. See above.

Rick

mike

Neil wrote:
When will people learn that requests for illegal info will be ignored?. How
many times will we have to put up with requests for cell phone jammers,
cable tv descramblers, radar jammers etc?.
And by the way, why the hell would you make a VHS BACK UP of a DVD???!!!!.
What a good idea!...just in case your super high resolution, multiple track,
fully digital, noise and dropout free DVD suddenly fails, you'll have a
crappy, noisy, dropout ridden VHS copy to enjoy.
That's gotta be one of the stupidest ideas that have been posted here in a
long time, and there have been quite a few!.
Kim

"A Better Chungking_Cash" wrote in message
om...

I have a Toshiba SD-V290 DVD/VCR Combo. Does anyone have a Macrovision
hack for this player? I would like to make VHS back-up's of existing
and future purchases. ANY help would be much appreciated. Thank-you in
advance.

This has degenerated into a ****ing match over legal implications.
Back to the original intent...

I'm looking for a Macrovision hack for my Coby DVD-215.
I don't have any more video inputs on my stereo receiver, but I do have
two perfectly good selectable video input ports on my VCR.
You'd think you could play a dvd passed thru the VCR. But no!!!
Whatever macrovision is messing up is in the passthru path too.

Need to get this patched up so I can play legal rented original not
copied perfectly legal not bootlegged, original rented DVDs!!!!!

Did I mention that no illegal recording is or will ever be involved.
And don't give me any crap about DMCA. Gimme the hack.
merci,
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Toshiba & Compaq LiIon Batteries, Test Equipment

mike

Start with the ******* that killed my Aunt and my Cousin back in 87'

he shoulda kept going til he got you.

HellRazor

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:01:59 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Try having a couple of kids under three!

Sorry, but kids do not handle my DVDs, and any kid I am around gets
taught about optical data storage mediums, and have half a ****ing
brain.

Yep, can't argue with that,......any kid hanging around you would have
to have only half a brain,......most especially if they are related to

you!

No chance of that happening! DarkMatter would need to have sex with someone
to have a kid.

HellRazor

om...

"HellRazor" wrote in message

"Mike Kohary" wrote in message
"Martin D. Bartsch" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:08:23 -0800, DarkMatter
wrote:

It opens the door to the thieves, regardless of how
honorable or noble your intentions are.

A society who will close every possible backdoor for every

possible
illegal action will be worse than everything Hitler or Stalin

could
imagine.

Liberty is also the liberty to commit a crime (and to be punished
later)

Well said. As an American, I find it very sad that so many other

fellow
Americans are so willing, even eager and aggressive, to give up

their
rights. How shameful.

Mike

Mike, you have some of the best, most well presented posts on this

topic
I've seen. Kudos to you, bud. You're right on target with everything
you've said.

Thanks.

Your other handle that just complimented you says "you're welcome."

Bzzzzzt. Wrong. But never fear, I'm sure DorkMatter will be along any
second to give you some lessons on how to read Usenet message headers.

HellRazor

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:46:05 -0500, JW Gave us:

Do you have permission to use AOL's domain in your email address?

If he has an AOL account, it does not matter what service he uses to
access the Usenet from. Not only that, but he can publish any e-mail
account name he wishes, false or otherwise.

Get a clue.

You're wrong there!
You are not allowed under your ISP's Terms and Conditions to "spoof" an
email address of a legitimate company, if that email account name is not
registered to you!

That's basically because you might cause a load of spam to be sent to
someone who isn't you!

I suggest you reread your ISP's TOS!

HTH

Jason

He can't. That would require a seventh grade level of reading
comprehension.

HellRazor

wrote in Message id:
:

You are quite lucky that I don't come find your lame, retarded,
un-American ass. Damned lucky.

The day being an American means becoming a demented sociopathic nazi asshole
like you, that's the day I'll be renouncing my citizenship.

You are an idiot. I work a full time job, doing electrical
engineering.

He's a Custodial Engineer. They call him that instead of a janitor so he
will be less prone to going "postal" at work on the days he misses his meds.

You, on the other hand, spend your time trolling usenet
discussions.

DorkMatter is an expert on that topic!

Let the men in
white coats guide you to salvation.

Well, we don't have a clean room... yet.

That's because DorkMatter keeps flinging his feces around.

But we do manufacture
products used by the high end medical community.

If you consider a clean urinal at work a "product".

You, on the other hand, have daily sessions with your basket weavers
are us class.

Better to be a basket weaver than a basket case!

Do **** off, you retarded *******. Do consider yourself lucky that
I ignore your insult of my Aunt, Cousin, and family. Do pray I don't
change my mind.

He wasn't insulting them, dumb ****. He was insulting you.

HellRazor

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:44:56 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Totally correct Mike!

You are legally entitled to make a single copy of anything you own that
may be copyrighted, it's called "Fair Use", and until the nazi's get
back in power we will always have that right!

You don't however have the right to sell that copy on!

Not true. Show me where the law says that any copyrighted product
can be copied one time. You cannot. Nor can you come into this group
with your lame bull****, and pass it off as fact.

Yeah, what's the matter with you? That's Dorkmatter's job!

HellRazor

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:06:26 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

You're wrong there!
You are not allowed under your ISP's Terms and Conditions to "spoof" an
email address of a legitimate company,

Dumb****! If he HAS an AOL account, he can post it, even if he is
posting under another connection.

Spoofing is posting THROUGH another address which is not your own,
(THAT'S IP ADDRESS, RETARD BOY, NOT E-MAIL ADDRESS!) and has nothing
to do with an email addy, you retarded twit.

if that email account name is not
registered to you!

You're an idiot. In Usenet, anonymity is perfectly acceptable, and
legitimate

....and in your case, necessary!

as is outright lying

Another topic you're well aquainted with.

Rick

"DarkMatter" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:08:35 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

RIAA v. Diamond Multimedia, 1999:
"In fact, the Rio's operation is entirely consistent with the [Home
Recording] Act's main purpose - the facilitation of personal use.
As the Senate Report explains, "the purpose of the Act is to
ensure the right of consumers to make analog or digital recordings
of copyrighted media for their private, noncommercial use". Cf.
Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios (1984, holding
that "time-shifting" constitutes fair use under the Copyright Act,
and thus is not an infringement). Such copying is paradigmatic
noncommercial personal use entirely consistent with the
purposes of the Act."

What will happen is that you retarded ******* WILL be able to make
downconverted forms of the original, as is the case with MP3 players.
They degrade the original, and have no real sale value.

A DVD will be ruled as being illegal to copy in a bit for bit mode.

You MAY be allowed to downconvert to a VCD or VHR, but I'd bet that
ANY form of use on another DVD form factor will be ruled illicit.

I'd bet? Will be?

Thanks for playing, trollboy. Better luck next time.

Rick

HellRazor

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:32:45 GMT, "mike"
Gave us:

he shoulda kept going til he got you.

Post your address, retard boy. You are so ****ing bold. Stick your
dick out in the breeze, you lame **** retarded excuse for a human!

You first.

I'm not the psychotic who lobbies threats every other post, claiming to be
some kind of tough guy while cowering behind my anonymity. I'm not the guy
who calls everyone he replies to a retard, threatening to kick down doors,
asking total strangers to meet me for fights, etc. That's YOU. So back it
up, tough guy. Tell everyone who you are and where you live. A tough guy
and true all-American hero like you shouldn't have any heartache with that,
seeing as how you talk such a good game over Usenet.

What? Too much of a ****ing PUSSY? I KNEW SO!

**** off, little pussy boy.

Post your address, oh great benefactor of Usenet and the HOLE WORLD, so that
your fans may come visit and pay homage. After all, you're such a likeable
fellow, certainly you wouldn't have made any enemies on Usenet, being the
great all-knowing Usenet geek and benefactor of mankind that you are?

No?

Then go ahead, continue to rant and rave and cower behind your anonymity
then, you ****ing pussy. You're all talk and no substance. You're nothing
but a big bag of hot air. I laugh at you and I pity you. You're pathetic.

luminos

The DMCA makes it illegal to thwart the copy protection, yet you *DO* have
the right to make a copy for your own personal use. It's a legal paradox
which must be resolved. Which part of this isn't clear to you?

Mike

Mike is correct. Darkmatter can get lost in the amorphous and viscous
fluids of his brain.

Rick

"DarkMatter" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:35:22 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

I'd bet? Will be?

Thanks for playing, trollboy. Better luck next time.

It is already that way, but now it has to be specifically worded in
so the retards like you that have "interpretation issues" will no
longer be able to freely mis-interpret the meaning of the law ever
again.

It's been consistently interpreted over and over again by courts
since 1984, and their rulings have consistently reaffirmed the
rights to time and space shift digital media for noncommercial
home use. Occasionally we get a blip on the map (such as the
recent 321 decision), but such nonsense rulings have always
been eventually overturned. Stay tuned and see what happens.

Rick

Jason Pope

mike wrote:

This has degenerated into a ****ing match over legal implications.
Back to the original intent...

I'm looking for a Macrovision hack for my Coby DVD-215.
I don't have any more video inputs on my stereo receiver, but I do have
two perfectly good selectable video input ports on my VCR.
You'd think you could play a dvd passed thru the VCR. But no!!!
Whatever macrovision is messing up is in the passthru path too.

Need to get this patched up so I can play legal rented original not
copied perfectly legal not bootlegged, original rented DVDs!!!!!

Did I mention that no illegal recording is or will ever be involved.
And don't give me any crap about DMCA. Gimme the hack.
merci,
mike

Have you tried www.dvdrhelp.com?

Jason

Jason Pope

mike wrote:
Start with the ******* that killed my Aunt and my Cousin back in 87'

he shoulda kept going til he got you.

He was busy shagging his mother at the time!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:06:26 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

You're wrong there!
You are not allowed under your ISP's Terms and Conditions to "spoof" an
email address of a legitimate company,

Dumb****! If he HAS an AOL account, he can post it, even if he is
posting under another connection.

Spoofing is posting THROUGH another address which is not your own,
(THAT'S IP ADDRESS, RETARD BOY, NOT E-MAIL ADDRESS!) and has nothing
to do with an email addy, you retarded twit.

Hey, dick-splatter, I was not arguing with that, your statement was that
he could fake any email address he wishes, when under the terms of his
ISP TOS he signed up for, it will definately say he cannot.

The address he uses has to be registered to him, unless it is a
completely made up address with a domain that doesn't exist, eg

if that email account name is not
registered to you!

You're an idiot. In Usenet, anonymity is perfectly acceptable, and
legitimate as is outright lying on said "title" as the REAL poster
info is elsewhere, and cannot be changed, UNLESS spoofed, and THAT has
NOTHING to do with what is written in the "from:" field. The "from:"
field of a usenet post is absolutely meaningless.

No it isn't, I could change my email address to make it seem that posts
were being posted here from you, that you never made,.......that is not
allowed under your TOS, or indeed my TOS

ie I could pose as Darkmatter the pedophile, or Darkmatter the sheep
shagger, or Darkmatter the wife beater,..........
You want me to go on?

Anonymity is fine as long as the domain name and email address aren't
valid for someone else!

Go get yourself a clue, little boy.

Go pay for a shag old man!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:06:26 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

That's basically because you might cause a load of spam to be sent to
someone who isn't you!

I suggest you reread your ISP's TOS!

I suggest that you learn how to properly interpret what you read.

You don't even know what spoofing is, yet you claim (INCORRECTLY)
that that is what he did. He did no such thing, retard boy.

Now, go bone up! MAYBE you will get a clue before you die.

I was answering your post which you have thoughtfully snipped,

You claimed

"If he has an AOL account, it does not matter what service he uses to
access the Usenet from. Not only that, but he can publish any e-mail
account name he wishes, false or otherwise."

The first part of your paragraph is true and valid, the second part
however is not!
He cannot publish "any e-mail account name he wishes, false or
otherwise", under the terms of his ISP's TOS

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:08:37 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Making threats online is also an offence mate!
Sounds very much to me that you are threatening his life, something the
feds don't take well to I've heard!

When "the feds" see the inciteful bull**** that he posted to me,
they will laugh at his complaint.

It wasn't a threat either, dip****.

You want to put that to the test?
I can forward your posts to a couple of guys I know in the FBI if you wish?

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:09:17 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

DarkMatter wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:16:27 -0500, JW Gave us:

He's posting from Cox. Most likely, the little cocksucker is forging
AOL's domain, you ignorant ****wipe.

My, my... you are one retarded ****, eh? AOL offers access, and
accounts to high bandwidth users. Do get a clue. It matters not
where he connects to Usenet from.

You clueless twit.

As long as that account is actually registered to him!

You couldn't be more wrong.

So post something PROVING me wrong!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:34:17 +0000, sam Gave us:

The exceptions to this arise largely from case law.
There is no case law as yet relating to DVD backup.
Hence there is no TESTED law that will stop anyone backing up a DVD.
See? I'm doing it now, I did it yesterday, and I'll do it tomorrow.

That does not make your theft legal, dip****. By the way... ****
off.

Doesn't make it illegal either virgin boy!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:34:17 +0000, sam Gave us:

In fact he can. Notice, you ****witted peabrain, that the consensus is carried here by
anyone with a functioning cerebrum. Of course that will exclude you.

Your wit is that of a military reject. Your IQ must be all of 20.

Cos it has to be lower than 20 to get into the same unit DM was in!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:35:45 +0000, sam Gave us:

But law relating to copyright is not black and white, has never been fixed but rather has
bent to suit changing circumstances.

Which is why you idiots will lose. There is NO reason to back up a
product that does NOT degrade in "normal use".

Have you not heard of CD/DVD rot DM?
Do yourself a favour and google the newsgroup,......try searching for
"Contact" as well, you'll find the topic!

Jason

Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:

Fair use allows
copying and using copyrighted material for certain nonprofit,
educational and/or entertaining purposes.