sam

Default Macrovision hack?

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 04:05:28 -0800, DarkMatter
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:44:56 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Totally correct Mike!

You are legally entitled to make a single copy of anything you own that
may be copyrighted, it's called "Fair Use", and until the nazi's get
back in power we will always have that right!

You don't however have the right to sell that copy on!

Not true. Show me where the law says that any copyrighted product
can be copied one time.

Surely not even you can be as stupid as that you foul streak of slime.
(Go to google - where I imagine you would have to spend quite a bit of time - and see if
you can find out which branch of philosophy focuses on these issues - I'll be back to
question you later)
Law is about constraint not about liberty. In other words it defines principally what you
CAN'T do rather than what you CAN.

The exceptions to this arise largely from case law.
There is no case law as yet relating to DVD backup.
Hence there is no TESTED law that will stop anyone backing up a DVD.
See? I'm doing it now, I did it yesterday, and I'll do it tomorrow.

You cannot.

You're such a tiny piece of **** that it's a surprise anyone's prepared to educate you.

"Fair use" along with an absence of suitable case law ensures that it will only be pricks
like yourself who will even bother to try and enunciate the law as they see it.

Now.
"The Complete version of the U.S. Copyright Law" (1Mb pdf)
is available at:-

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/circ92.pdf

Read that and shut-the-**** up.

But note that this is U.S. copyright law. The devil will take the hindmost as far as
other countries are concerned.

Nor can you come into this group
with your lame bull****, and pass it off as fact.

In fact he can. Notice, you ****witted peabrain, that the consensus is carried here by
anyone with a functioning cerebrum. Of course that will exclude you.