Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tomato deluge

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:53:10 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to show why why I'm easily able to control him:

Ramblings of a pompous, blowhard snipped

Nothing to respond to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 20:47:01 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:53:10 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to show why why I'm easily able to control him:

Ramblings of a pompous, blowhard snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Then why do you keep responding, Jon?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-10-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

For the first time in years I have a bumper crop of tomatoes. The past

three years I had to actually buy some! From grape to heirloom monsters

they have overrun the courtyard like ISIS at a Synagog. At much as we

eat only puts a dent in the crop from only 5 plants. Two of these

plants are 8' by 8'. I've skinned and boiled down at least 3 gallons of

puree and froze the product for future use in soups, sauces, pies, etc.

I soon will have another bushel of fruit to contend with. The

neighbors don't want any more, any ideas?

Find some way to turn them into lubricant -- or Bio-Diesel. :-)

No, that's too much of a political, hot-button "Washington-ish" issue. I think he should just talk to a buyer at a large grocery chain and send them there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:53:10 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to show why why I'm easily able to control him:

Ramblings of a pompous, blowhard snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Then why do you keep responding, Jon?

This is the only human interaction that Jon gets. He's like a dog that
prefers getting a beating than being ignored. But, even his tormentors
get bored quickly.

Next year I think my tomato patch will have a billion volunteers. The
dogs have a taste for the cherry variety and have spread digested and
undigested fruit everywhere. We just dried a big bunch and that turned
out well. Not all the optimal varieties for drying but... And, have
developed a good recipe for tomato/onion pie!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 2:40:39 AM UTC-7, slow eddy once again tried to save face and failed:

snip

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 8:26:07 AM UTC-7, Tom Gardner admitted the only thing he's ever beaten is his dog:

This is the only human interaction that Jon gets. He's like a dog that

prefers getting a beating than being ignored. But, even his tormentors

get bored quickly.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:53:10 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to show why why I'm easily able to control him:

Ramblings of a pompous, blowhard snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Then why do you keep responding, Jon?

This is the only human interaction that Jon gets. He's like a dog that
prefers getting a beating than being ignored. But, even his tormentors
get bored quickly.

It's weird. Jon tells us that the Usenet is dead, and for losers, then
he pops in here to slander half of the members. That boy needs better
drugs or more couch time.

Next year I think my tomato patch will have a billion volunteers. The
dogs have a taste for the cherry variety and have spread digested and
undigested fruit everywhere.

Good luck with that. The vaieties I usually grow, except for one
heirloom (Jersey Devils), are F1 hybrids. The re-seeds from F1 hybrids
don't breed true; typically, they're lousy.

I do grow basil from my own seeds, particularly Thai sweet basil, for
which I think I now have a superior, well-selected strain. But I gave
up on saving seeds for tomatoes. After seeing what's happened to some
old cultivars, like the original Rutgers from the 1920s (developed
originally for Campbell's Soup), I've decided I don't have enough
lifetime left to fool with selecting and cultivating my own strain.
I'm sticking with hybrids.

We just dried a big bunch and that turned
out well. Not all the optimal varieties for drying but... And, have
developed a good recipe for tomato/onion pie!

I made one of those last year. 'Loved it.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:53:16 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 2:40:39 AM UTC-7, slow eddy once again tried to save face and failed:

snip

Nothing to respond to.

Yet, you keep responding, over and over.

Remember what you said, Jon: Usenet is for losers. You don't want
everyone to think you're a loser, do you? Maybe you shouldn't be seen
here.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 9:00:12 AM UTC-7, slow eddy showed why when I say jump he says how high:

Bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/10/2014 11:58 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I do grow basil from my own seeds, particularly Thai sweet basil, for
which I think I now have a superior, well-selected strain. But I gave
up on saving seeds for tomatoes. After seeing what's happened to some
old cultivars, like the original Rutgers from the 1920s (developed
originally for Campbell's Soup), I've decided I don't have enough
lifetime left to fool with selecting and cultivating my own strain.
I'm sticking with hybrids.

We just dried a big bunch and that turned
out well. Not all the optimal varieties for drying but... And, have
developed a good recipe for tomato/onion pie!

I made one of those last year. 'Loved it.

My basil grows lie weeds! I make a bunch of pesto, too bad the pine
nuts are so costly, I have yet to find a substitute I like as much. I
tried shallots for two years and I give up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

For the first time in years I have a bumper crop of tomatoes. The past
three years I had to actually buy some! From grape to heirloom monsters
they have overrun the courtyard like ISIS at a Synagog. At much as we
eat only puts a dent in the crop from only 5 plants. Two of these
plants are 8' by 8'. I've skinned and boiled down at least 3 gallons of
puree and froze the product for future use in soups, sauces, pies, etc.
I soon will have another bushel of fruit to contend with. The
neighbors don't want any more, any ideas?

Any San Marzano? (Italian sauce tomatoes) I used to do fairly well
with them, in SW Ohio.

I don't know exactly, we have 2 Roma or plumb or something with lots of
flesh and small amount of seeds and goo.

Roma don't have the flavor of a San Marzano. I had to get seeds from
guy in texas, on Ebay. I couldn't find them anywhere else. They used to
be available from dozens of places. It takes good soil to grow them.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 2:40:39 AM UTC-7, slow eddy once again tried to save face and failed:

snip

Nothing to respond to.

Yet, you keep responding, over and over.

Remember what you said, Jon: Usenet is for losers. You don't want
everyone to think you're a loser, do you? Maybe you shouldn't be seen
here.

Now Jon is just creepy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 2:40:39 AM UTC-7, slow eddy once again tried to save face and failed:

snip

Nothing to respond to.

Yet, you keep responding, over and over.

Remember what you said, Jon: Usenet is for losers. You don't want

everyone to think you're a loser, do you? Maybe you shouldn't be seen

here.

Now Jon is just creepy.

Ohio Brush close its doors yet?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:53:10 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to show why why I'm easily able to control him:

Ramblings of a pompous, blowhard snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Then why do you keep responding, Jon?

This is the only human interaction that Jon gets. He's like a dog that

prefers getting a beating than being ignored. But, even his tormentors...

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, now. What's this, Tom? 'You accidentally claiming that you are tormenting Jon?

Let me tell you something. Not only is Jon a trusted and accomplished professional with an excellent work history in the manufacturing field, he's one of the very, very few people around who actually try to encourage others here to do the same.

Now, you on the other hand? How do you explain why you are here?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:53:10 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to show why why I'm easily able to control him:

Ramblings of a pompous, blowhard snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Then why do you keep responding, Jon?

This is the only human interaction that Jon gets. He's like a dog that

prefers getting a beating than being ignored. But, even his tormentors...

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, now. What's this, Tom? 'You accidentally claiming that you are tormenting Jon?

Let me tell you something. Not only is Jon a trusted and accomplished professional with an excellent work history in the manufacturing field, he's one of the very, very few people around who actually try to encourage others here to do the same.

What planet did you arrive from, Mogulah?

Jon is a notorious four-flusher who has spent years writing critiques
about things he knew little or nothing about, slandering people,
products, and companies. Go search on "Jon Banquer" on Google and open
your eyes. He has some emotional problems that might be tolerable if
he wasn't so dependent on belittling others in an attempt to support
his own feeble, fragile ego and self-esteem.

Now, you on the other hand? How do you explain why you are here?

Unlike Jon, Tom actually owns a company that manufactures metal
products. Jon manufactures b.s.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Metal products? (I thought it was just gluten for a minute)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 1:24:41 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy tried to rewrite history and once again fell on his face:

Lies and manufactured reality snipped

What planet did you arrive from, Mogulah?

The one your refuse to live on slow eddy: Planet earth

My LinkedIn connections, skill endorsements and very successful LinkedIn group, (whose membership reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business), speaks for itself and is much louder than your constant lies that never work.

On the other hand, your lack of LinkedIn connections, lack of LinkedIn endorsements for your skill set, lack of any LinkedIn group of your own, etc. also speaks very loud.

You're a nobody slow eddy. You have never accomplished anything in the machining or CADCAM world worth noting except writing worthless ad copy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:41:40 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 1:24:41 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy tried to rewrite history and once again fell on his face:

Lies and manufactured reality snipped

What planet did you arrive from, Mogulah?

The one your refuse to live on slow eddy: Planet earth

My LinkedIn connections, skill endorsements and very successful LinkedIn group, (whose membership reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business), speaks for itself and is much louder than your constant lies that never work.

Yes, like most LinkedIn "groups," it speaks for itself. It's a bunch
of people shining each other's shoes and looking for better jobs.
That's what LinkedIn is for; that's why it exists.

In your case, that doesn't apply, because you apparently can't hold a
job, anyway.

Regarding "edorsements," it's worth a moment to consider this:

"Why LinkedIn endorsements are worthless"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-link...are-worthless/

On the other hand, your lack of LinkedIn connections, lack of LinkedIn endorsements for your skill set, lack of any LinkedIn group of your own, etc. also speaks very loud.

Yes. What it tells you is that I have a job and I work for a living.
You obviously don't. Are you on SSI, or state welfare? It wouldn't be
a surprise if you have a full psych disability for bipolar disorder
and that you're living off of taxpayers.

You're a nobody slow eddy. You have never accomplished anything in the machining or CADCAM world worth noting except writing worthless ad copy.

You've never accomplished anything at all, Jon. That's why you keep
getting fired. Your reputation preceeds you.

And that's why your identity is wrapped up in some unpaid social
network, rather than doing something productive, that's worth getting
paid for.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

San Marzano

You may know I grow A LOT of tomatoes. This is acutally a whole line
up of varieties:
http://www.sanmarzanotomatoes.org/varieties.html

We were down to only 150 plants this year, I told Milady to try the
San Marzano Redorta in our high tunnel next year. They look vigorous
enough to not need grafting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_grafting
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:13:00 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

San Marzano

You may know I grow A LOT of tomatoes. This is acutally a whole line
up of varieties:
http://www.sanmarzanotomatoes.org/varieties.html

We were down to only 150 plants this year, I told Milady to try the
San Marzano Redorta in our high tunnel next year. They look vigorous
enough to not need grafting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_grafting

Wow, do you do tomato grafting yourself? That's interesting.

BTW, grafting apple trees was the first thing I was ever allowed to do
with a sharp knife. My grandfather produced ornamental apple trees
with five or more varieties, and he taught me how to do slip grafts
when I was about five years old.

He saddle-grafted the stocks of crab apples as a base for the
ornamentals. They were very popular from the 1930s through the '50s.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 5:02:32 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to show why he has no understanding of LinkedIn groups and business social media:

snipped the ramblings and lies of a life long loser who writes worthless ad copy.

Nothing to respond to.

In the meantime, my LinkedIn group CADCAM Technology Leaders has the kind of advanced CADCAM discussion that can't be found anywhere else. This week featured a discussion started by a noted CADCAM System Architect called:

CAD for CAM: http://lnkd.in/bBWRTAJ

slow eddy is a clueless loser who has never worked in a modern, successful small to medium sized machining job shop.

slow eddy has no clue about advanced CADCAM programming.

slow eddy writes worthless ad copy in a business that's not growing and will be obsoleted by business social media. In many ways it already is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

In other words...Jon's just creepy! SCARY CREEPY!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 5:41:13 PM UTC-7, Tom Gardner wrote:

In other words...Jon's just creepy! SCARY CREEPY!

This is what "SCARY CREEPY" looks like:

http://neme-s.org/Oshkosh_2007/Ohio_Brush/DSC02534.JPG

http://neme-s.org/Oshkosh_2007/Ohio_Brush/DSC02543.JPG

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 17:35:42 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 5:02:32 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to show why he has no understanding of LinkedIn groups and business social media:

snipped the ramblings and lies of a life long loser who writes worthless ad copy.

Nothing to respond to.

You're a fraud, Jon. And everyone who's had contact with you knows it
-- except for the ones you've buffaloed on your "group", undoubtedly
by deleting anyone who tries to explain who you are.

Stay over there Jon. They're the only ones left who you can
fool...except for Mogulah, who is shooting for Usenet's Most Gullible.

Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 6:07:12 PM UTC-7, slow eddy tried more lying to cover his old lies and continued to fail:

More lies, more bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:12:59 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 6:07:12 PM UTC-7, slow eddy tried more lying to cover his old lies and continued to fail:

More lies, more bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Out of gas again, huh, Jon?

Why don't you just go back where no one can expose your foul and
obnoxious habits -- because you can delete their posts.

LinkedIn is perfect for you. You can hide out there. And if they ask
what you do for a living, you can delete that, too.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 6:32:34 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to lie:

Lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:41:51 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 6:32:34 PM UTC-7, slow Eddy continued to lie:

Lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Then why are you responding?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 6:45:23 PM UTC-7, slow eddy showed why I completely own and control him. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:50:18 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 6:45:23 PM UTC-7, slow eddy showed why I completely own and control him. :)

How did you do that, Jon? By rolling over and playing dead? Don't
worry, I won't bite you. I never eat tainted meat.

'Time for more Banquer follies!:

"The program is a buggy, overpriced under performing, POS that is a
tribute to Bill Gibbs enormous ego" - Jon Banquer -

"Love those GibbsCAM Machining Markers! Great idea" - Jon Banquer -

Hahahahaho.....!!

(my favorite, for obvious reasons...):

[Jon Banquer replying to Ed Huntress]:
Ed,
The newsgroup badly needs someone who is as articulate as you are.
Keep me on my toes and correct me where ever you think it's
appropriate,as I respect what you have to say based on what you have
already posted. I will certainly take the time to think about whatever
correction, advice, etc. you post. - Jon Banquer - Jun 23, 2002
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....I/t2qa5vNd-rQJ
You bettcha, Jon!

[anonymous poster]

OMFG that was hilarious!

Next episode, we'll reflect on some of Jon's most hilarious flip-flops
on software and companies, in which it's obvious he never knew what he
was talking about from the get-go.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 7:23:49 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to prove that he's completely obsessed with me and how easy he is for me to control.

slow Eddy bull**** snipped

Keep going, slow eddy! Don't ever stop!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:30:52 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 7:23:49 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to prove that he's completely obsessed with me and how easy he is for me to control.

slow Eddy bull**** snipped

Keep going, slow eddy! Don't ever stop!

You're such a font of bull****, Jon, that one could go on forever.

Here's another Banquer boner:

"Reading "whoyakidding" nail Gunner on a daily basis on all the lies
Gunner has told over many years on Usenet is easily the highlight of
this newsgroup for me." Jon Banquer, Jan 2, 2013
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...302126bc6be21d

"This is yet another one of KiddingNoOne's many lies." Jon Banquer,
Apr 3, 2013
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....a25a0cfef810a4

In case the lack of context is confusing, this is just as nutty as it
looks. While Kidding catching Gunner's bull**** was entertaining to
the Energizer Dummy, when Kidding caught Jon, suddenly he's guilty of
"many lies."

A "lie," to Jon, is a truth that humiliates him. And he provides *so*
many opportunities! g

You're one sick puppy, Jon.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 7:39:41 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to fall to pieces:

Worthless bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to. Just more insane bull**** from a lifelong loser who can't deal with reality.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/10/2014 8:13 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

San Marzano

You may know I grow A LOT of tomatoes. This is acutally a whole line
up of varieties:
http://www.sanmarzanotomatoes.org/varieties.html

We were down to only 150 plants this year, I told Milady to try the
San Marzano Redorta in our high tunnel next year. They look vigorous
enough to not need grafting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_grafting

So, you don't just let the dogs decide the varieties of volunteers like
I do.

I wish I could grow the tomato plants my father would get at the local
hardware store every spring, they were perfect for sauces and sandwiches
or just eating like an apple. Back then I never knew there was more
than one kind of tomato.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

San Marzano

You may know I grow A LOT of tomatoes. This is acutally a whole line
up of varieties:
http://www.sanmarzanotomatoes.org/varieties.html

We were down to only 150 plants this year, I told Milady to try the
San Marzano Redorta in our high tunnel next year. They look vigorous
enough to not need grafting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_grafting

Wow, do you do tomato grafting yourself? That's interesting.

BTW, grafting apple trees was the first thing I was ever allowed to do
with a sharp knife. My grandfather produced ornamental apple trees
with five or more varieties, and he taught me how to do slip grafts
when I was about five years old.

He saddle-grafted the stocks of crab apples as a base for the
ornamentals. They were very popular from the 1930s through the '50s.

Yep, been doing all my own grafting. There's a method where you splice
both plants together, then cutoff after the graft has healed that is
quite easy. I'm sure its on you tube.

I'm sure I've grafted 10,000 apple trees over the years.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:53:47 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 7:39:41 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to fall to pieces:

Worthless bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to. Just more insane bull**** from a lifelong loser who can't deal with reality.

The insane part is your words that were preserved for posterity.

If a psych student ever needed a textbook example of bipolar disorder
and emotional confustion, they'd be hard pressed to find anything
better than your insane flip-flops about people, products, and
companies.

You're a one-man freak show, Jon.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Friday, October 10, 2014 7:39:41 PM UTC-7, slow eddy continued to fall to pieces:

Worthless bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to. Just more insane bull**** from a lifelong loser who can't deal with reality.

The insane part is your words that were preserved for posterity.

If a psych student ever needed a textbook example of bipolar disorder
and emotional confustion, they'd be hard pressed to find anything
better than your insane flip-flops about people, products, and
companies.

You're a one-man freak show, Jon.

Like I said...creepy! I feel sorry for him.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/11/2014 3:21 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I'm sure I've grafted 10,000 apple trees over the years.

Karl

Are all apple trees grafted?

Heavy duty tomato cages [email protected] Metalworking 11 November 24th 20 09:40 AM
Tomato cages ransley Home Repair 24 July 17th 10 04:36 PM
Some say tomato Smitty Two Home Repair 9 April 27th 10 05:08 AM
Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter... benick[_2_] Home Repair 13 April 28th 09 01:06 AM
Ode To A Woodshop (After The Deluge) Swingman Woodworking 7 September 26th 05 11:31 PM