Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tomato deluge

Tom Gardner wrote:

For the first time in years I have a bumper crop of tomatoes. The past
three years I had to actually buy some! From grape to heirloom monsters
they have overrun the courtyard like ISIS at a Synagog. At much as we
eat only puts a dent in the crop from only 5 plants. Two of these
plants are 8' by 8'. I've skinned and boiled down at least 3 gallons of
puree and froze the product for future use in soups, sauces, pies, etc.
I soon will have another bushel of fruit to contend with. The
neighbors don't want any more, any ideas?

Any San Marzano? (Italian sauce tomatoes) I used to do fairly well
with them, in SW Ohio.

I don't know exactly, we have 2 Roma or plumb or something with lots of
flesh and small amount of seeds and goo.

Roma don't have the flavor of a San Marzano. I had to get seeds from
guy in texas, on Ebay. I couldn't find them anywhere else. They used to
be available from dozens of places. It takes good soil to grow them.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.