Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Tomato deluge

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:13:00 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

San Marzano

You may know I grow A LOT of tomatoes. This is acutally a whole line
up of varieties:
http://www.sanmarzanotomatoes.org/varieties.html

We were down to only 150 plants this year, I told Milady to try the
San Marzano Redorta in our high tunnel next year. They look vigorous
enough to not need grafting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_grafting

Wow, do you do tomato grafting yourself? That's interesting.

BTW, grafting apple trees was the first thing I was ever allowed to do
with a sharp knife. My grandfather produced ornamental apple trees
with five or more varieties, and he taught me how to do slip grafts
when I was about five years old.

He saddle-grafted the stocks of crab apples as a base for the
ornamentals. They were very popular from the 1930s through the '50s.

--
Ed Huntress