Mike Marlow

"Jaime" wrote in message

I didn't know it *was* humour but I reread the posts and I do now.
I'm still not telling anyone they suck, however. ;-)
Lots of good workworking info here I've noticed.

Yeah - you don't have to tell anyone that. It's ok.

And for whoever said to me I was never married....I was married 20
years ago but he was an abusive drunk so I divorced him.

Too much information.

--

-Mike-

Mike Marlow

"jaime" wrote in message

I probably won't but I will tell a guy if I think he has some nice
wood. :-)

Hmmmmmm...

I'll just take that chair in the corner. It looks comfy. :-)

Careful - that's where Silvan sits and he suffers an occasional spell of
incontenance...

I'm still here. Just don't call me a *dude* again. Geeeze. I am
*all* female. ;-)

We'll be the judge of that. Post GIFs over on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and we'll just have a little look see
now...

--

-Mike-

Dave in Fairfax

Jaime wrote:
I'm back.
Oh yeah..... I am a *she*. :-)

Sorry about that, but glad you're back. Pull up a chair. I'm
guessing, again, that you say it "Jamie" rather than "Himey".

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:01:21 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Sorry about that, but glad you're back. Pull up a chair. I'm
guessing, again, that you say it "Jamie" rather than "Himey".

Yes. It is pronounced in that way. In fact it is spelled J-a-m-i-e on
my birth certificate but I happen to like the look of the other
spelling better. It seems more feminine to me.

Oh yes....thanks.

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:48:17 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Too much information.

If you think so. :-)

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:51:50 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Careful - that's where Silvan sits and he suffers an occasional spell of
incontenance...

Perhaps a collection for a supply of Depends undergarments would help
him out unless that chair is waterproofed. :-)

We'll be the judge of that. Post GIFs over on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and we'll just have a little look see
now...

There is too much cleavage in the one photo I have of myself. I
wouldn't want to set off anyone's pacemaker. ;-)

You'll simply have to take my word for it.

Dave in Fairfax

jaime wrote:
No worries. I know what body parts I am in possession of
and they are all female. :-)
I just had to switch my email address to a working one from a
nonworking one.

The first question is WHY. Most people here use a munged addy and
have an working addy written out in their sig line so that the
spambots have a harder time collecting the real addy. The ladies
on the wRECk are very welcome and very competent, we'd be glad to
add you to their number. Even if you won't comment on suckage.
Your appreciation of good wood is, however, appreciated. %-) The
confusion on the gender and addy is because, in some cases,
partners both use a single addy and you can't really be sure which
one you're talking to. There are also a couple of addys that are
odd enough that you can't be sure which bender the person is, Bob
the builder comes to mind.

If you do any turning, you may want to take a look at
news:rec.crafts.woodturning as well. A number of the people her
on both NGs.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Dave in Fairfax

Mike Marlow wrote:
Too much information.

jaime wrote:
If you think so. :-)

I have to disagree. We share what's going on in our lives
frequently, at least as often as the subject is ON Topic. I'm
sorry that the guy was a jerk, but it tends to be a common
problem, donning my nomex. Now we're all curious about the pix,
news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking please, our pacemakers will
be just fine. %-) 'Sides if your a smallish brunette, I think we
have a JOAT for you...

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Joe Wells

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:17:12 -0500, jaime wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:08:32 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Dude, chill out.

I'm a *lady* . :-)

Ah! I'm glad you decided to stay a while. The wReck can be a bit
intimidating at first, but we don't bite.

Um, I guess this means that you won't be involved in the discussions of
Robin Hartl's anatomy?

It has
long been the practice here on the Wreck (ie rec.woodworking) to tell
someone how much he sucks when he has a "gloat." The original poster in
this thread most assuredly has a gloat. By telling him how much he
sucks, we reaffirm how gloatable his gloat is, and make him feel all warm
and fuzzy and stuff. It's all part of the Wreck culture, and things have
been done this way for years. Getting told you suck is about the highest
honor we can offer.

(Good save, Syl)

We also give
each other a hard time. Like the way Larry Jaques is always ranting
about the evils of staining walnut or using poly, and the way I'm always
singling him out and giving him a hard time about everything for no
particular reason. We're a bunch of smart alecks. JOAT is one of the
smarteyest alecks of all, although I don't guess we've ever had a contest
to determine who is actually the smarteyest aleck of all. Hell, it might
be me. Or Larry Jacques. It's probably Larry. Definitely. Definitely
Larry. See, there I go singling him out again, and somewhere in the
Pacific northwest the guy is scratching his head and wondering what he
did to deserve another assault on his character.

Must be a guy thing (no offense to the male species btw)

The wReck has often been compared to an old General Store. You know, with
old men playing checkers in front of a pot-bellied stove, swapping stories
(lies). You'll see lots of great stuff about woodworking, but also a
fair amount of Off Topic discussion that interests the denizens here.
So you may see threads about politics, woodworking, the econonmy,
woodworking, tools, job hunting, woodworking, cooking, and maybe even
woodworking.

Yes, I suppose the jabs, name-calling, and rehashing of past mistakes is a
guy thing. It's just how we're wired, I suppose.

Now onto more woodtalk. :-)

Indeed!

--
Joe Wells

Silvan

jaime wrote:

Dude, chill out.

I'm a *lady* . :-)

Dudette, chill out.

You are *not* obligated to participate in this silliness. Many don't.

I probably won't but I will tell a guy if I think he has some nice
wood. :-)

Gadzooks. You'd better be careful saying stuff like that around here. A
lot of these geezers haven't had nice wood in decades, and they might get
too carried away.

Must be a guy thing (no offense to the male species btw)

Probably some kind of knuckle dragging male bonding thing I guess, maybe.
We are mostly males here, and mostly geezers at that. A few wimminz. We
like wimminz, but you'll have to try not to be offended by some of the
misogynistic anti-wimminz spewing that goes on occasionally (such as
referring to you as "wimminz" for example). We are no more serious about
that than anything else. (Well, generally. As with any other group of
people, there are always genuine jerks, and there are some here too.) The
main thing you need to fit in here is to be a tool user. It doesn't really
matter what you're wearing in your pants. I know lots of men, LOTS of men,
who are completely baffled trying to figure out which end of a hammer to
use to open a can of paint, or how to drive a nail with a tubafore.

So chill out, calm down, and hang out a bit.

I'll just take that chair in the corner. It looks comfy. :-)

Fine then. That's much better.

got here (except for the few hours yesterday when I was at the
Hamilton woodworking show)

Hamilton up in Kanukistan, presumably. Wherever that is. Like most Markinz
I am geographically illiterate. (There's another Wreck-ism. It can be
presumed from your email address that you are a Kanukistani. I OTOH am a
Markin. Or Merkin, or, well, choose your particular permutation of this
line of thought.)

I'm still here. Just don't call me a *dude* again. Geeeze. I am
*all* female. ;-)

Roger.

Works for me and thanks for explaining things.

Just don't expect me to step out of character and start being serious
again.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:59:47 -0600, Joe Wells
wrote:

Um, I guess this means that you won't be involved in the discussions of
Robin Hartl's anatomy?

Nope. :-)

The wReck has often been compared to an old General Store. You know, with
old men playing checkers in front of a pot-bellied stove, swapping stories
(lies). You'll see lots of great stuff about woodworking, but also a
fair amount of Off Topic discussion that interests the denizens here.
So you may see threads about politics, woodworking, the econonmy,
woodworking, tools, job hunting, woodworking, cooking, and maybe even
woodworking.

No problem. I don't mind off topic stuff.

Yes, I suppose the jabs, name-calling, and rehashing of past mistakes is a
guy thing. It's just how we're wired, I suppose.

yes I know. I had a recent boyfriend (now an ex-bf) who reminded me of
this constantly.

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:13:01 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

The first question is WHY.

Why not? :-)

Most people here use a munged addy and
have an working addy written out in their sig line so that the
spambots have a harder time collecting the real addy.

Spam doesn't bother me. I just delete it and the email addy I am using
for newsgroups is not my ISP email addy so it is no problem.

The ladies
on the wRECk are very welcome and very competent, we'd be glad to
add you to their number. Even if you won't comment on suckage.
Your appreciation of good wood is, however, appreciated. %-) The
confusion on the gender and addy is because, in some cases,
partners both use a single addy and you can't really be sure which
one you're talking to. There are also a couple of addys that are
odd enough that you can't be sure which bender the person is, Bob
the builder comes to mind.

If you do any turning, you may want to take a look at
news:rec.crafts.woodturning as well. A number of the people her
on both NGs.

Thanks. I've never done any turning at all but I will have a look.

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:33:52 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

I have to disagree. We share what's going on in our lives
frequently, at least as often as the subject is ON Topic. I'm
sorry that the guy was a jerk, but it tends to be a common
problem, donning my nomex. Now we're all curious about the pix,
news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking please, our pacemakers will
be just fine. %-) 'Sides if your a smallish brunette, I think we
have a JOAT for you...

I'm a redheaded bbw in the process of becoming a smaller redhead
due to a heart attack I suffered a few months ago.

I will consider posting the pic but I am not making *any* promises.
:-)

Silvan

Dave in Fairfax wrote:

problem, donning my nomex. Now we're all curious about the pix,
news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking please, our pacemakers will
be just fine. %-) 'Sides if your a smallish brunette, I think we
have a JOAT for you...

Careful Davie, the last time a wimminz offered to post a picture of too much
cleavage, it turned out to be a shot of her husband's butt crack.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Mike Marlow wrote:

I'll just take that chair in the corner. It looks comfy. :-)

Careful - that's where Silvan sits and he suffers an occasional spell of
incontenance...

You've seen the pair of long johns I have where a certain posterior region
has been completely eaten away, haven't you?

I'm glad I'm not that chair.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Dave in Fairfax

Silvan wrote:
Careful Davie, the last time a wimminz offered to post a picture of too much
cleavage, it turned out to be a shot of her husband's butt crack.

Hah! I'm a nurse, you can't scare me with something that can't be
projectile.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:08:32 -0500, the inscrutable Silvan
spake:

posted & mailed

Jaime wrote:

I can find a Yahoo woodworking group to join.
Sorry to have offended you.

Dude, chill out. You haven't offended anyone. We're *teasing* you. It has

That's "dudette" if you haven't already figured it out.

You are *not* obligated to participate in this silliness. Many don't.
Loving wood and woodworking is a great thing. We all do. We also give
each other a hard time. Like the way Larry Jaques is always ranting about
the evils of staining walnut or using poly, and the way I'm always singling
him out and giving him a hard time about everything for no particular
reason. We're a bunch of smart alecks. JOAT is one of the smarteyest
alecks of all, although I don't guess we've ever had a contest to determine
who is actually the smarteyest aleck of all. Hell, it might be me. Or
Larry Jacques. It's probably Larry. Definitely. Definitely Larry. See,

Tendjewberrymud.

there I go singling him out again, and somewhere in the Pacific northwest
the guy is scratching his head and wondering what he did to deserve another
assault on his character. (At least I finally learned how to spell his
name right.) Anyway...

There's a reason my nick is "C-less". -You- may have figured it out
but your finners still hain't. "Look, Ma, no C!"

The Wreck is special. I think even if
I sold all my wood mangling equipment tomrorow and decided to take up cat
grooming for a hobby, I'd still hang out here just for all the discussion
among friends that only tangenitally relates to wood.

Freudian slip? I thought you said you were happily married, Silvie.

Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:33:52 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Mike Marlow wrote:
Too much information.

jaime wrote:
If you think so. :-)

I have to disagree. We share what's going on in our lives
frequently, at least as often as the subject is ON Topic. I'm
sorry that the guy was a jerk, but it tends to be a common
problem, donning my nomex. Now we're all curious about the pix,
news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking please, our pacemakers will
be just fine. %-) 'Sides if your a smallish brunette, I think we
have a JOAT for you...

Dave in Fairfax

Actually I'd rather see pictures of her projects -- if she has any she
cares to share.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
Dave in Fairfax

J T wrote:
Best be carefuld with rash statements, a couple of times in Nam I
swear I could have "projected" 30 paces.

I don't doubt it a bit. I just wasn't worried about getting
sprayed by a picture. As for the real stuff, I'm home and I ain't
answering my beeper. %-)

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Silvan

Glenna Rose wrote:

I know lots of men, LOTS of men,
who are completely baffled trying to figure out which end of a hammer to
use to open a can of paint, or how to drive a nail with a tubafore.

Which end of the hammer *does* one use to open a can of paint?

The correct side. Duh.

Everyone knows you drive a nail with a shoe, preferably a high-heeled
shoe. Those 4-inch spikes from the sixties would be the preferred model
unless there are some 5-inch spikes around. One must consider the skill
involved in hitting the nail head square on with that tiny spike (while
using the flexible shoe body as the handle!). And some guys don't think
women are skilled in wood-working!

You go girl!

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Larry Jaques wrote:

each other a hard time. Like the way Larry Jaques is always ranting about

Larry Jacques. It's probably Larry. Definitely. Definitely Larry. See,

There's a reason my nick is "C-less". -You- may have figured it out
but your finners still hain't. "Look, Ma, no C!"

Dammit. You got me. It's a curious phenomenon, isn't it? I experience it
a different way. I live on County Drive. C-O-U-N-T-Y dammit. It has been
a years-long struggle trying to get people to avoid typing the extra R
their fingers want to put in there. Everybody gets it wrong, even when I
warn them ahead of time.

The Wreck is special. I think even if
I sold all my wood mangling equipment tomrorow and decided to take up cat
grooming for a hobby, I'd still hang out here just for all the discussion
among friends that only tangenitally relates to wood.

Freudian slip? I thought you said you were happily married, Silvie.

What, you think I'm going after Jaimie's tangenitals? Not likely. SWMBO
owns knives.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

J T wrote:

bit more, we feel it's best to go on a case by case basis. We don't
want to receive a picture of Silvan in drag.

That's good, because somewhere around here is a shot of me one night when I
was a bit on the abbreviated side (ie hammmmmmmmered), and I decided to
play rock star like that red hot chilly pepper guy I had read about on TV.
It's a shot of me with nothin' but a sock and an electric guitar.

I can't believe Wal-Mart actually printed that one.

Anyway, it's here somewhere, surely, in this pile of hundreds and hundreds
of prints I have from my big photographer wannabe days, and I'll dig it up
if pressed. So don't press too hard if you want to keep your lunch down
there in your belly where it belongs.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Dave in Fairfax

jaime wrote:
I have a few of some cutting boards I made (got the plans from one of
Mag Ruffman's websites) but my computer refuses to download them from
my camera and I cannot sort out the reason why.

Tell us more. You're talking to a fairly large number of
ex-computer professionals, some not so ex. What kind of camera,
what kind of computer, what software. Is the camera configured as
a external drive, or does the software HAVE to be used to get the
pix? If it's an external drive and you're using winders, does the
camera show up as a drive using explorer?

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Mike Marlow

"Silvan" wrote in message

Careful Davie, the last time a wimminz offered to post a picture of too

much
cleavage, it turned out to be a shot of her husband's butt crack.

Now *that* IS too much information...

That could spoil even a good man's taste for cleavage.
--

-Mike-

Rob Stokes

err, uhhh. is that good?

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article Y2EKd.61072$Ob.13166@edtnps84, Rob Stokes
wrote:

To tell me I suck, after I post a smug post as I did is a compliment (to
me). The more "you suck"'s I get, the better I did.

...And I think I dun good!

Rob? You suck at sucking.

--
"The thing about saying the wrong words is that A, I don't notice it, and

B,