Rob Stokes

No idea. Perhaps a bed, or maybe a front door, or ......

so much wood, so few ideas

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Jaime" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Jamie, just tell JOAT to pull his damned tongue out of his cheek, to get

off
his butt and to welcome you to the rec...

Welcoming me is up to him. In life I've learned you can never force a
man to do what he doesn't want to do.

To tell me I suck, after I post a smug post as I did is a compliment (to
me). The more "you suck"'s I get, the better I did.

...And I think I dun good!

I think you did great too and am wondering what your plans are for the
wood but I cannot bring myself to tell you that you s***. What do you
propose on making with this wood?

Rob Stokes

Pssst....we split it up today..

http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodbutchers/maple.jpg

Rob

--

"Silvan" wrote in message
Jaime wrote:

I think you did great too and am wondering what your plans are for the
wood but I cannot bring myself to tell you that you s***. What do you
propose on making with this wood?

Do you have some theological objection to speaking the truth? This guy
sucks so much they need to modify the OED and put his name into the
definition of the word. The only way he could possibly suck more would be
if the whole mess had been black walnut, and someone had paid him to take
it, and some little ol' widder wimminz had given him $50,000 worth of
industrial iron for free to get it out of her barn and make more room for
her cats.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:16:25 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

By the way, Jaime, almost everyone is welcome here. It's that kind of
(virtual) place.

Thanks.

jaime

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:30:57 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

No idea. Perhaps a bed, or maybe a front door, or ......

so much wood, so few ideas

Rob

I will be very interested to see what you finally do make with it.

jaime

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:37:12 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Pssst....we split it up today..

http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodbutchers/maple.jpg

Rob

I will take the 2 piles in the very front of the photograph please.
:-D

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:05:30 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

What, you think I'm going after Jaimie's tangenitals? Not likely. SWMBO
owns knives.

And I never tread in other women's territories.

Joe Gorman

Rob Stokes wrote:
Pssst....we split it up today..

http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodbutchers/maple.jpg

Rob

Ooh, that must have hurt, even though you knew it was coming.
Hope they treat it kindly.
None of them have been known to paint cherry, have they?
Joe
jaime

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:35:20 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

jaime wrote:
I have a few of some cutting boards I made (got the plans from one of
Mag Ruffman's websites) but my computer refuses to download them from
my camera and I cannot sort out the reason why.

Tell us more. You're talking to a fairly large number of
ex-computer professionals, some not so ex. What kind of camera,
what kind of computer, what software. Is the camera configured as
a external drive, or does the software HAVE to be used to get the
pix? If it's an external drive and you're using winders, does the
camera show up as a drive using explorer?

I will email you about it when I get a chance. My computer issues are
off topic.

Dave in Fairfax

jaime wrote:
I will email you about it when I get a chance. My computer issues are
off topic.

OK, but if you haven't noticed, OT is what we do a lot of around
here. Occasional WWg content allowed. I really was thinking
about sharing it with the group BTW, there are A LOT of brains
here to pick.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

jaime

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:29:18 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

OK, but if you haven't noticed, OT is what we do a lot of around
here. Occasional WWg content allowed. I really was thinking
about sharing it with the group BTW, there are A LOT of brains
here to pick.

Alrighty. If I am not too busy tomorrow then I will post a new thread
regarding my computer problems.

Presently I am falling asleep at the keyboard and in need of 5 or 6
solid hours of sleep.

Goodnight. :-)

jaime

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 04:22:06 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

top slab, lower left pile is sitting behind my freezer as I type

Lucky you. I think I would make a clock with some of it
if I had some.

Joe Gorman

Rob Stokes wrote:
You see the colour of the ends of the slabs?

Who knows what they're capable of

Rob

MAybe they used it all on the ends
Joe

Silvan

Rob Stokes wrote:

Pssst....we split it up today..

http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodbutchers/maple.jpg

I thought you lived in Kanukistan. What are you doing with green grass in
Kanukistan? My grass isn't green, dammit. You really, really, really
suck.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

jaime

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:50:42 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

....but it was wet,...green grass. See? Look close...it was raining a bit.

(that better?)

g!

Rob

He must think it snows in all parts of BC.

jaime

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:52:07 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Hadn't thought of that, thanks!

You're welcome.

Silvan

jaime wrote:

Lucky you. I think I would make a clock with some of it
if I had some.

Looks like your trying to win some wood with your wimminzly wiles.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
jaime

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:55:24 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Looks like your trying to win some wood with your wimminzly wiles.

Been there, done that. ;-)

jaime

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:12:27 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Shhhh!!!!

you from 'round these parts?

I'm in Ontario.

Rob Stokes

www.canadianwoodworking.com Goto the forums..

Rob

--

"jaime" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:12:27 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Shhhh!!!!

you from 'round these parts?

I'm in Ontario.

jaime

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:33:28 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

www.canadianwoodworking.com Goto the forums..

Rob

Alrighty. :-)

Groggy

wrote:

Looks like your trying to win some wood with your wimminzly wiles.

Been there, done that. ;-)

Ummmmm, no. I'm leaving that one alone.