Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SawStop is here!

On 4/26/2013 6:50 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/26/2013 12:26 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/25/2013 11:21 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/25/2013 9:03 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
I trust this will cure the table saw deficiency syndrome.

Already feeling more manly! LOL

Looks like a quality tool. packed well, etc.

I think I would compare the build quality to my Laguna BS, perhaps
better.

Leon, Sounds like you are doing great so far!

I wanted to share this short story, which proves you don't have to use
power tools to bruise yourself.

Yesterday, I was existing a computer lab--actually sort of in a hurry to
get to my next destination, with some paper in my left hand, pulling
the door behind me with my right. When, I closed my finger in the door.
Ouch! It's still is a little sore, but it's fine. But here is the part
I wanted to mention...wait for it...

...the whole accident could have been avoided if there had been a
Door-Stop! : )

Good luck to you as you fine tune your new saw!

Bill

Hey Bill thanks. I too put my finger where it did not belong yesterday,
twice. LOL I can never resist putting my finger in something that is
just big enough for my finger and not very carefully pulling it out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/25/2013 1:01 PM, Leon wrote:
The latest.

Bringing'r in
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...in/photostream

Unpacking
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Unwrapped
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

For you patent buffs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Setting in the hydraulic mobile base
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

The other stuff
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

A lot of cast iron inside there
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

The gears, notice the curved surface of the tilt rack to fit with the
worm gear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Inside the left side of the saw door opening, lots more iron.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

A reference for just how big those gears are. The worm gear is
approximately 1-1/2" in diameter.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

I got the industrial model and it weighs in at about 685 lbs with the 52
inch fence. Add 25lbs or so for the mobile base.

The mobile base is sweeeeeet. 3 pumps on the right front pedal and the
saw is lifted up and all weight is transferred to the 4 corner wheels.
tap the "lower" lever and the saw floats to rest on the floor releasing
all weight from the wheels. This saw being about 200lbs heavier than my
old Jet cabinet saw is much easier to move than the Jet 3 wheel mobile
base and I thought that base was great. The new saw will almost roll
out of the garage on its own when lifted up on the wheels.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Wow this thing is really
well built with great attention to details. No sharp edges found yet.

Ill keep you posted as the saw and out feed comes together.

So let us know the results when Karl comes buy with a test wiener. :-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

You might be missing the obvious, do you want to contaminate your BS
for the occasional situation that you might want to cut off a smaller
portion of meat?? I would never consider doing this with anything other
than a dedicated BS that is going to be cleaned and sanitized on a
scheduled basis. You are going to end up with thousands of small chunks
of animal product spread through your band saw and at the least I would
think the draw of insects and the eventual smell of rot would detour you
from considering this any further.

Push come to shove, take that frozen chunk of what ever you have and ask
your butcher or local meat market to cut it up for you.

All you youngster, city slickers talking 'bout sawing meat. With a with a
BIG ASS BANDSAW! Back in the day, when we had to cut meat, we used a meat
saw. It looked like a giant hacksaw. It had a meat (bone) blade on it.
You operated in with your arm and hand. Ya know, MANUAL LABOR! And it did
cut frozen meat. It would be a bit of a workout, but it got the job done.

This is a picture of a modern 25" manual meat saw. They come in different
sizes.

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem638.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/25/2013 9:30 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/25/2013 8:01 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Leon wrote:
[...]

Setting a new machine up is half the fun. Hope you get many hours and
years of enjoyment in using it.

Well it is fun but crawling around on the floor is starting to get old.
;~)
Thank you.

Very sweet looking Leon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/
Can I come over and play????

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
[...]

Sure! Ill keep a light on for you!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:11:28 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
This is a picture of a modern 25" manual meat saw. They come in different
sizes.

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem638.html

Thanks for that. I might order one.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:51:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You never eat leftovers? Perhaps you don't know how to treat them for
a second meal. I take them for lunch all the time.

Sure, but not as much as I used to. In this case, we're talking about
meat and I rarely eat it. I've pretty much lost my taste for leftover
meat. The only time I cook a roast beef is when I have friends over
and they usually take what's left home with them for sandwiches during
the week. I wouldn't eat it, so they might as well take it with them.

Properly reheated, it is as good as the day it was cooked, exception
being crispy chicken skin.

Maybe my reheating techniques need some improvement.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Maybe my reheating techniques need some improvement.

That's why microwaves exist.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 07:58:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Maybe my reheating techniques need some improvement.

You have to heat it gently. If you just stick it in the microwave on
high, it will ruin the taste.

What's with a microwave? Meat cooks terribly in a microwave, no matter
what level you put it at. At best, I use a microwave to thaw a few
foods, heat some veggies, or maybe cook a frozen microwave dinner if
I'm in a rush.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:29:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You don't cook it, just reheat it. Done properly, it does not affect
the taste. Done improperly, it ruins it. I reheat my lunch
(consisting of leftovers) most every day with no problems.

I guess it's just me then. Reheated meat of any type, however it's
reheated just tastes Blah! It's just too bland compared to the taste
of when it's oven cooked the first time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:23:22 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:29:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You don't cook it, just reheat it. Done properly, it does not affect
the taste. Done improperly, it ruins it. I reheat my lunch
(consisting of leftovers) most every day with no problems.

I guess it's just me then. Reheated meat of any type, however it's
reheated just tastes Blah! It's just too bland compared to the taste
of when it's oven cooked the first time.

It's not just you - reheated meat never tastes the same for me.

I'll give you the not as good, but it can still be good.

O/T: SawStop Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 77 February 1st 12 05:40 PM
Sawstop John UK diy 1 May 26th 10 01:20 PM
Sawstop Wilson Woodworking 7 November 26th 06 12:48 PM
SawStop tzipple Woodworking 110 February 5th 05 12:01 AM
SawStop? Darin Woodworking 104 December 18th 04 01:14 AM