Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default SawStop is here!

On 4/26/2013 8:25 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 06:00:56 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
Consider dividing and packaging the selected portions before freezing it.
Much easier and more convenient, than wrestling with a frozen quarter
/half beef, hog or whatever. Don't forget to mark the individual packages,
to identify what's within.

Everybody offering solutions is missing the point. If you've got a
freezer in your refrigerator, then occasionally, there's going to be
some food that it would be nice to cut from.

You might be missing the obvious, do you want to contaminate your BS
for the occasional situation that you might want to cut off a smaller
portion of meat?? I would never consider doing this with anything other
than a dedicated BS that is going to be cleaned and sanitized on a
scheduled basis. You are going to end up with thousands of small chunks
of animal product spread through your band saw and at the least I would
think the draw of insects and the eventual smell of rot would detour you
from considering this any further.

Push come to shove, take that frozen chunk of what ever you have and ask
your butcher or local meat market to cut it up for you.