Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default SawStop is here!

"Mike Marlow" wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:29:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You don't cook it, just reheat it. Done properly, it does not affect
the taste. Done improperly, it ruins it. I reheat my lunch
(consisting of leftovers) most every day with no problems.

I guess it's just me then. Reheated meat of any type, however it's
reheated just tastes Blah! It's just too bland compared to the taste
of when it's oven cooked the first time.

It's not just you - reheated meat never tastes the same for me.

It really has to do with how you reheat and the meat what kind you are
reheating.. The key for us is to reheat in the juices that cooked out
during the cooking. For example we smoke a pretty good brisket. We cook it
in an aluminum pan which captures all the liquids. After an hour of
smoking we cover the pan with aluminum foil and finish cooking. After
cooking we let the meat rest so that it will soak up some of those juices.

We keep the whole thing and can eat on that for several days, we typically
oak 10~15 lbs.

When reheating we use the, now solid, juices to keep the meat moist when
reheating.

The key is to reheat with the same juices that gave all the flavor and
taste when first cooked.