Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Methinks y'all need better respirators or sumpn, mebbe better
ventilation??

Your affected style might be cute if you had any real talent.

Holy ****..... ANOTHER one who I thought was normal, could read between the
lines.....
Ahma haveta make a LIST now.....

I didn't know reading comprehension was such an issue.
Really, I promise, I'll keep it simple from now on, right outta
Strunk'n'White.....
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/22/2013 10:23 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Methinks y'all need better respirators or sumpn, mebbe better
ventilation??

Your affected style might be cute if you had any real talent.

Holy ****..... ANOTHER one who I thought was normal, could read between the
lines.....
Ahma haveta make a LIST now.....

I didn't know reading comprehension was such an issue.
Really, I promise, I'll keep it simple from now on, right outta
Strunk'n'White.....

What about ****en Wagnalls? I think we'd better quit before the the
entire usenit goes postle!!
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Really, I promise, I'll keep it simple from now on, right outta
Strunk'n'White.....
--
EA

The teacher of my very bright and ambitious high school English class
cautioned us not to write like e.e.cummings unless we WERE
e.e.cummings. She reminded us that Picasso had mastered the classical
painting style before developing his own.
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/p/picasso/self1.jpg
http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/...arly-Work.html

The only exception she tolerated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams_(composer)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Norminn" wrote in message
m...
On 2/22/2013 10:23 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Methinks y'all need better respirators or sumpn, mebbe better
ventilation??

Your affected style might be cute if you had any real talent.

Holy ****..... ANOTHER one who I thought was normal, could read between
the
lines.....
Ahma haveta make a LIST now.....

I didn't know reading comprehension was such an issue.
Really, I promise, I'll keep it simple from now on, right outta
Strunk'n'White.....

What about ****en Wagnalls? I think we'd better quit before the the
entire usenit goes postle!!

LOL
I've lerntid my lesson..... I"ve got Strunk'n'White out, as I type.......
LOL
FunkyWagnall was far too long, tho. At least S&W kept alladat**** brief.

There is a breed -- many of them on RW, apparently -- that deludes
themselves with the notion that because they express themselves with
syntactical and grammatical correckness, that they know how to think.
There is, in fact, a likely inverse relationship between the two.
--
EA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:52:31 -0500, Norminn
The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

Hey, no china made back bacon and maple syrup up here in Canada.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Really, I promise, I'll keep it simple from now on, right outta
Strunk'n'White.....
--
EA

The teacher of my very bright and ambitious high school English class
cautioned us not to write like e.e.cummings unless we WERE e.e.cummings.
She reminded us that Picasso had mastered the classical painting style
before developing his own.
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/p/picasso/self1.jpg
http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/...arly-Work.html

You are absolutely correck. Most people don't know just HOW good Picasso
was, from a traditional pov.... stunning.

The only exception she tolerated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams_(composer)

But, correct as you are in the above, you DO see the obvious flaw in your
implied admonition, right? Which was evident in your prior use of the word
"talent"
Unless you can identify exactly WHO it is I'm trying to imitate, none of
this applies!

Dood, ahm just havin fun.... it's USENET, fergodsakes....
That a few assholes here decided to jump on some bull**** etiquette
bandwagon, and ig the real design issues being raised, speaks volumes. And
I'm certainly surprised by *your* vault onto this bull**** bandwagon..

Again, if anyone really had difficulty with the op, they better get some
tutoring, bec if my li'l syntactical/grammatical dalliances have them this
confused and bent out of shape, they are *really* insecure in the basics..
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Feb 21, 8:32 am, "dadiOH" wrote:

BTW & FWIW, your posts would be more readable without the folksy
spellings.

No kidding. I couldn't get through all the cute spellings, the almost
urban street slang, and ghetto speak to finish the post. Not sure
what this guy wants, but it isn't interesting enough to read through
all that crap.

I got this far because I saw that you and Karl responded....

Robert

BRAIN EXERCISES

If you can read this OUT LOUD, you have a strong mind. And better than that:
Alzheimer's is a long, long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere
near you.

If you can read the following paragraph, forward it to your friends and the
person who sent it to you with 'Yes' in the subject line. Only very good
minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

7H15 M3554G3
53RV35 7O PR0V3
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3
Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY
W17H 0U7 3V3N
7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY
C3R741N P30PL3 C4N
R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.

If you can read this, you are one of the 55 people out of 100 who can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the
olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was
ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

Since fuknNailShooter cain't read *my* simple ****, Alzheimers is proly
right around the corner for dat asshole.

--

EA

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:30:33 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

[...]

My God, I'm going to be sorry I did this, but....

If you get a really good painter/illustrator drunk, especially a
teacher, you'll find that the disdain for Picasso's drawing and
traditional painting talents is more common than not. He couldn't
handle drapery; his poses were awkward; his perspectives were unreal.

That's not to say he wasn't a great artist. But his skills as a
draughtsman were problematic. He got a lot of attention for his skills
as a child because of his father.

Compare the fabrics and the poses in Picasso's "pre-abstract" work,
like the first five or so of these:

http://www.abcgallery.com/P/picasso/picasso.html

....with those of a superb draughtsman, like Rob Howard:

http://artbootcamp.com/index.php/the-team/rob-howard/

Look at the fabrics ("Barry White" is intentionally abstracted). Look
at the poses. Although these are small images, I'd say look at the
facial details, too (somewhere I have a huge image of "The Bride," but
I can't find it at the moment; I think the original is 30" x 40" or
so).

Again, I'm not commenting about artistry. But any art dufus, like me,
can see the relative levels of draughting skills. And the art volk I
used to know in NYC said the same thing.

Rob is a hell of a good shot with a rifle, too, BTW. g

Now please ignore this diversion and carry on...

--
Ed Huntress

Which was evident in your prior use of the word
"talent"
Unless you can identify exactly WHO it is I'm trying to imitate, none of
this applies!

Dood, ahm just havin fun.... it's USENET, fergodsakes....
That a few assholes here decided to jump on some bull**** etiquette
bandwagon, and ig the real design issues being raised, speaks volumes. And
I'm certainly surprised by *your* vault onto this bull**** bandwagon..

Again, if anyone really had difficulty with the op, they better get some
tutoring, bec if my li'l syntactical/grammatical dalliances have them this
confused and bent out of shape, they are *really* insecure in the basics..

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

If you can read this, you are one of the 55 people out of 100 who
can.

YOU

CAN

READ

THIS

,

BUT

DO

YOU

WANT

?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote:

If you can read the following paragraph, forward it to your friends
and the person who sent it to you with 'Yes' in the subject line.
Only very good minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

7H15 M3554G3
53RV35 7O PR0V3
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3
Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY
W17H 0U7 3V3N
7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY
C3R741N P30PL3 C4N
R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.

It isn't all that hard to read but why bother? What's the point when one
can write it properly? And that is the whole point of those who disliked
your original post...you wanted feedback from readers so why not just post
your question/problem succinctly using reasonable English?

IOW, it isn't a problem of being unable to read your "simple ****", it's
just a matter of "why bother".

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news
If you get a really good painter/illustrator drunk, especially a
teacher, you'll find that the disdain for Picasso's drawing and
traditional painting talents is more common than not. He couldn't
handle drapery; his poses were awkward; his perspectives were
unreal.

I would have used J.M.W.Turner for the example if he were better
known.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/22/13 3:40 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:

Lessee..... by your own admission, you didn't get thru it all, yer
too stupid to figger out "what I want",

Read what he said - he was not interested in what you had to say
based on the way you post. The one showing his stupid here is...
you.
and yet somehow you know it's
not inneresting enough to read.....

Easy conclusion to arrive at. Your manner of writing is not
interesting enough to read through.

You too?? Jeez......

WTF? Do you want people to respond or waste time trying to deciper what
the **** you're asking?
Post your ? *clearly* without the BS and attitude.
Pretty simple concept to me.

Methinks y'all need better respirators or sumpn, mebbe better ventilation??
If you think any of that needed deciphering, might I suggest
http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/
They're all over the country. There's also evening adult ed in most
community (2-yr, associates degree) colleges -- you know,
subject-object-predicate......

See, part of the problem is y'all's inability to *abstract* and
contextualize.
True, the Q was preceded by a bit of a pre-amble, some context, if you will,
and I'm sorry that preamble threw you all for such a fukn loop, into such a
fukn tizzy.

So let me rephrase for the sawdust-addled and slow-witted:

I'm questioning the whole zeitgeist (no, not ghetto slang, for the
nailshooter asshole.... he http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist )
of the HGTV notion of kitchen design, vividly illustrated by the article on
the home kitchen of the prof'l chef I mentioned.
Obviously, most of you complaining assholes have bought into the HGTV
mind****..... and I'm not saying that the HGTV mind**** is necessarily a
BAD or incorrect mind****, just querying alternatives.
And I'm speculating that alternatives are not being provided, for obvious
commercial reasons.

I appreciate most of the other responses (obviously they don't have your
reading comprehension problems, and/or are able to appreciate the general
design issue), and some of those responses helped clarify a few things, such
as the wicking problem with glass, the discussion of various surfaces, the
grease issue of shelving, etc.

To the other slow-wits, mebbe y'all should find sumpn to punctuate....
yourselves, mebbe??

OH, OH..... he said "mebbe"..... TWICE!!!!
OH, OH, OH, OH..... he said "sumpn".....
OH, OH, OH, OH, OH, OH..... he said "y'all".....
OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH

Oh, don't say I never gave you anything:
http://faculty.washington.edu/heager...trunkWhite.pdf
Strunk & White, Elements of Style -- guar-own-teed curriculum in a 4 year
school, mebbe not in adult ed.
OH, OH, OH, OH..... he said "guar-own-teed"......
OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH

In every internet forum in which I've ever taken part, there's always
one guy who thinks he's tool cool for the room and uses the same
self-made slang and goofy-ass made-up words and spelling like he's just
so much more evolved than the rest of the obtuse dolts in the group.

Inevitably, in every occurrence which I've witnessed or participated,
the majority of the group calls the guy out. Yet the guy continues to
defend his juvenile, deluded behavior, convinced that it's everyone else
who just don't "get it." All this does, of course, in every instance, is
help convince the rest of the group of what a complete douche-nozzle he is.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:37:45 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news
If you get a really good painter/illustrator drunk, especially a
teacher, you'll find that the disdain for Picasso's drawing and
traditional painting talents is more common than not. He couldn't
handle drapery; his poses were awkward; his perspectives were
unreal.

I would have used J.M.W.Turner for the example if he were better
known.

Supurb landscapes! I saw an exhibition of his work at the National
Gallery of Art in D.C. a couple of years ago. The actual paintings
will knock you out.

I used Rob's work because some of it relates to Picasso's early
paintings more closely.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

It was quite reasonable. What in particular is your grouse?

Heh, yer gonna miss my unreasonable Englich, when they have you speaking
Reasonable Spanich....
Been in HD lately?? goodgawd....

IOW, it isn't a problem of being unable to read your "simple ****", it's
just a matter of "why bother".

Which is usually the bleat of the simple mind, esp. overly-entitled *gangs*
of simple minds.

Exactly what was so troublesome about the op? What part of "gratuitous
complexity" don't y'all understand?
--
EA

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

You're either lying, illiterate, or lazy (didn't look for more than 10
minutes). I'm betting on all three.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news
If you get a really good painter/illustrator drunk, especially a
teacher, you'll find that the disdain for Picasso's drawing and
traditional painting talents is more common than not. He couldn't
handle drapery; his poses were awkward; his perspectives were
unreal.

I would have used J.M.W.Turner for the example if he were better
known.

Supurb landscapes! I saw an exhibition of his work at the National
Gallery of Art in D.C. a couple of years ago. The actual paintings
will knock you out.

I used Rob's work because some of it relates to Picasso's early
paintings more closely.

And because he's a good shot?? LOL

I can't cite the exact Picasso painting, drawing, but whatever it was showed
superb draftsmanship -- at least to me.
It showed that this was not some guy riding the Pop Cultural Magic Carpet
Ride, 'spressin hisself -- he really knows what he's doing. Dali is another
one, iirc.

Andy Warhol was another -- he actually eked out a good living as a working
commercial artist -- cereal boxes'n'****.... Very inneresting bio.
Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side was in fact about Warhol's li'l cabal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_on...(Lou_Reed_song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ88oTITMoM

--
EA

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 06:52:28 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
wrote:

On Feb 21, 6:12*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 07:08:59 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
...snip...
Hear, hear on the closed storage in a kitchen. and simple surfaces.
Glass doors allow both the cleaning AND the contents' views.

Glass doors are harder to keep clean than stainless appliances, which
you seem to hate (below).

Stay away from stainless steel appliances - TOO DIFFICULT TO KEEP
CLEAN LOOKING.

Not all stainless is the same. *Our 'fridge is pretty easy to keep
clean. *Other appliances (contractor stuff hasn't been replaced yet),
not so much.
... snip....

After fighting with various commercially available compounds, my wife
discovered that the best cleaner for stainless steel of almost all
types was ...Dial sanitizing liquid hand soap. Rubbed on and wiped dry
actually polished to a sparkling beautiful finish. But alas someone
changed the product and it doesn't work well now.

My wife found some wipes that work really well on stainless. They're
expensive but I was amazed how well they polished the sink (I lived in
the house six months before she moved - she gets the honors now ;-).

She gave up cleaning any glass surface. Windex streaked and streaked
and streaked. However, I found Walmart brand of glass cleaner provides
a great sprayer at $1.88 and the product cleans well and doesn't
streak. Unless dries before removal. And of course, use cheap paper
towels, else there are usually some type of lotion or such in them
that streaks too. To check if a paper towel has 'additives' in it?
Simply pour bleach on it. If it gets warm, or hot enough to burn you,
it has additives that will streak when you clean.

I don't have a problem with Windex but it does have to be taken off
before it dries. A last swipe with a little Windex on a paper towel
takes the last bit of streaks off. Watch the paper towels, though.
Some of the pretty printing dissolves in Windex and makes a mess of
paint. DAMHIKT.

After fighting SS cleaners, my wife has delegated me to be the
custodian of all the glass and stainless steel cleaning in our home. I
finally found the BEST cleaner ever! Clean well then ONLY clean with
distilled water and cheap paper towels. Squeegee the bathroom mirrors
in 20 seconds DONE! Inside/outside windows? Take about a minute each.
I tell you distilled water is a MIRACLE product. Alas, it 'almost'
works on SS kitchen apliances. Front surfaces stay cleaned for about a
month. But, the fridge doors are a constant battle. We don't touch the
SS with hands to prevent human oil blotting their surfaces, but even
that doesn't work well. Have to clean that !@#@$#%^@$ !!!! fridge
almost everyday. Shouldn't say clean, mean polish.

Interesting. I'll have to try it. It does make sense.

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

Like I said, our appliances don't show finger prints at all. There
seems to be an oleophobic coating on them (the non-contractor grade
ones).
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/22/2013 9:52 AM, Norminn wrote:
clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

Take a look at the link. ^_^

http://www.americansworking.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:01:18 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news If you get a really good painter/illustrator drunk, especially a
teacher, you'll find that the disdain for Picasso's drawing and
traditional painting talents is more common than not. He couldn't
handle drapery; his poses were awkward; his perspectives were
unreal.

I would have used J.M.W.Turner for the example if he were better
known.

Supurb landscapes! I saw an exhibition of his work at the National
Gallery of Art in D.C. a couple of years ago. The actual paintings
will knock you out.

I used Rob's work because some of it relates to Picasso's early
paintings more closely.

And because he's a good shot?? LOL

I thought I'd include that because Gary Cooper once gave Picasso a
revolver. g

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/p...ry_coopers_gun

I can't cite the exact Picasso painting, drawing, but whatever it was showed
superb draftsmanship -- at least to me.
It showed that this was not some guy riding the Pop Cultural Magic Carpet
Ride, 'spressin hisself -- he really knows what he's doing. Dali is another
one, iirc.

Dali was a great draughtsman.

Andy Warhol was another -- he actually eked out a good living as a working
commercial artist -- cereal boxes'n'****.... Very inneresting bio.
Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side was in fact about Warhol's li'l cabal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_on...(Lou_Reed_song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ88oTITMoM

Oh, yeah. I was a Village Crawler in those days. I was a big Velvet
Underground fan...well, a Nico fan.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:15:02 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/22/2013 9:52 AM, Norminn wrote:
clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

Take a look at the link. ^_^

http://www.americansworking.com/

It's amazing. Those who whine most about Chinese crap are the same
people who refuse to buy American when it is available.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Andy Warhol was another -- he actually eked out a good living as a
working commercial artist -- cereal boxes'n'****.... Very
inneresting bio.
Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side was in fact about Warhol's li'l
cabal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_on...(Lou_Reed_song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ88oTITMoM

--
EA

In the late 60's I was the technical assistant to an artist-filmmaker
who looked like Warhol, but better, and somewhat imitated the Factory
in an apartment house populated by all his entourage. I was
more-or-less Billy Name, with the theatre friends, minus the drugs
which they respected their brains too much to use.

I left when their side became too wild for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

So serious! Isn't "just because" an adequate reason once in a while?

Inevitably, in every occurrence which I've witnessed or participated,
the majority of the group calls the guy out. Yet the guy continues to
defend his juvenile, deluded behavior, convinced that it's everyone else
who just don't "get it." All this does, of course, in every instance, is
help convince the rest of the group of what a complete douche-nozzle he is.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/22/2013 9:52 AM, Norminn wrote:
clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

Take a look at the link. ^_^

http://www.americansworking.com/

TDD

The section on "computer equipment" was real interesting.

If we blockade China for fooling (I've used "****" too many times today)
with our networks, we won't have diddly-squat to make stuff with.
Wonder what that would do for employment.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

yawn

And there's always a clairvoyant asshole in every group, speculating
WAAAAAAY beyond dey grade level.
--
EA

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

m...
Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

Serius indeed.
Beneath all the level-headed PC net-nanny bull**** is just a bullying
dick-waving mentality.
Sumpn is a li'l different, and they jump all over it.

And then, when they turn out to be flat out wrong, they don't have the
character or backbone to gracefully back down.
And in Mike's case, they start arm-chair psycho-anal-yzing and clairvoyantly
speculating.
Mike's bull**** actually sounded good there for a minute... but then so did
Cold Fusion.

Mostly, I'm betting, all these fukn RW assholes want an HGTV kitchen, can't
afford it, and won't admit it.
I cain't really afford it either (bustid my wad on dat Haas GR510), so I'm
tryna figger out a way around the HGTV bull****, and, with some luck, a
better way. Some here were very helpful. But these assholes....
goodgawd....

Note how no one has axed: Just HOW do you make combined shelving/cabinets
out of 1/4" alum plate??
Fuuuuuck, if someone asserted that to me, that would be the FIRST thing on
my li'l mind.
But these woodwerked fagits would rather bash someone than learn anything
outside of their tight-assed myopic focus.

Oh well, iffin inyone is innerested, just holler.... LOL
--
EA

..

Inevitably, in every occurrence which I've witnessed or participated,
the majority of the group calls the guy out. Yet the guy continues to
defend his juvenile, deluded behavior, convinced that it's everyone else
who just don't "get it." All this does, of course, in every instance, is
help convince the rest of the group of what a complete douche-nozzle he
is.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Oh, yeah. I was a Village Crawler in those days. I was a big Velvet
Underground fan...well, a Nico fan.

Ed Huntress

I thought I liked Mary Travers until we followed PP&M around to make a
music video of them to circulate on the 16mm art house circuit.

I started prowling the Village on weekends off from Ft Monmouth in
1970 and missed that scene. I ignored two fine musicals I later worked
on, 1776 and Jacques Brel, because I didn't like the names. (kicks
self)

The USO even had free tickets to them. I must have been the only GI in
New York then who liked theatre, because those were the only free
tickets they always still had.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Oh, yeah. I was a Village Crawler in those days. I was a big Velvet
Underground fan...well, a Nico fan.

Ed Huntress

I thought I liked Mary Travers until we followed PP&M around to make a
music video of them to circulate on the 16mm art house circuit.

I started prowling the Village on weekends off from Ft Monmouth in 1970
and missed that scene. I ignored two fine musicals I later worked on, 1776
and Jacques Brel, because I didn't like the names. (kicks self)

The USO even had free tickets to them. I must have been the only GI in New
York then who liked theatre, because those were the only free tickets they
always still had.

Free tickets for GI's are always good..... leaves more money for the
prostitutes.
Hey, evrybody's gotta live, right?
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote: NOTHING

What a BIG MOUTH!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Dali was a great draughtsman.

Yes. If you haven't seen it and get a chance to do so, the Dali Museum in
St. Petersberg, FL has a great collection.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
And there's always a clairvoyant asshole in every group, speculating
WAAAAAAY beyond dey grade level.
--
EA

And a hypercritical one who is outraged when they get it back.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On 2/22/2013 9:52 AM, Norminn wrote:
clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. *Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. *Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

Take a look at the link. ^_^

http://www.americansworking.com/

It's amazing. *Those who whine most about Chinese crap are the same
people who refuse to buy American when it is available.- Hide quoted text -

Define "buy American".

If I buy a product in which the $50 worth of parts were all made in
the US and the final product was assembled in the US by a $1,000,000
robot that was made in Japan, does that constitute "buying American"?

This is an interesting site related to "Qualified 'Made in USA'
claims":

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...e-usa-standard

Did I "buy American" if the label says:

"60% U.S. content."
"Made in USA of U.S. and imported parts."
"Couch assembled in USA from Italian Leather and Mexican Frame."

Buying American isn't as clear cut as it used to be, and certainly not
as easy.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:35:22 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

Dali was a great draughtsman.

Yes. If you haven't seen it and get a chance to do so, the Dali Museum in
St. Petersberg, FL has a great collection.

Yeah, I saw it around 25 years ago. And Dalis show up from time to
time in the big NYC museums, which I've seen several times.

The work is impressive. The art -- or what it says about Dali's mind
-- is...a little scary. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote:

Heh, yer gonna miss my unreasonable Englich, when they have you
speaking Reasonable Spanich....
Been in HD lately?? goodgawd....

Ya hablo español. La escribo y leo tambien.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

You're not even in the top 100 assholes I've had the pleasure of
debasing on the internet.
So just think about something. If everyone else in the room is telling
you you're being a jerk, maybe it's not everyone in the room who's
wrong. Maybe it's you.

I bet I can cut-n-paste your sophomoric reply to this from the other
thousand or so I've read coming from the same type of boring trolls who
get their jollies from very poorly attempting to impersonate a witty,
intelligent human being.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Existential Angst" wrote in
message
And there's always a clairvoyant asshole in every group,
speculating
WAAAAAAY beyond dey grade level.
--
EA

And a hypercritical one who is outraged when they get it
back.

but, but........I'm right and everybody else just doesn't
understand mesarcasm off

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Existential Angst wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 2/22/13 3:40 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
message
Existential Angst wrote:

And there's always a clairvoyant asshole in every group,
speculating
WAAAAAAY beyond dey grade level.

PKB

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/22/2013 12:53 PM, Norminn wrote:
[...]

It's a shame that so many government policies have run manufacturers out
of the country. I mentioned to someone else that people vote with
their feet and corporations and manufacturers vote with their moving
vans. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

Free tickets for GI's are always good..... leaves more money for
the prostitutes.
Hey, evrybody's gotta live, right?
--
EA

Some of us never need to pay.

The ones around Times Square / 42nd St in 1970 weren't even tempting.
I did use them to find out how far I had to dress down to disappear
from NYC street predators.