Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

On Feb 23, 8:40*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

* What did you expect for $46?

Truly amazing, isn't it? *These moron lefties want their $46 microwave
but want it hand made in the USA by union thugs, making $50/hr.

* Membrane switches won't take abuse, and that includes constantly
poking them with sharp fingernails or a utensil.

He's pretty dull, though.

* *That's the type that doesn't notice the damage till it's too late.
Hell, a GOOD US made membrane switch would sell for more than $30 in
quantities of 5,000 or less.

...snip....

Michael, I did notice the deterioration right from the start. So
what's your point? Obviously, being such a cheap plastic membrane, the
deterioration just kept on. I suppose I could have 'sprayed' a sealer
coating over the membrane switch or RTV'd it or put that PCB gunk on
it to preserve the integrity of whatever seal the manufacturer was
seeking, but come on, this was a cheap microwave.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 8:27*am, wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:21:44 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy

wrote:
On Feb 23, 3:37 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:32:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:

Robert Macy wrote:

On Feb 22, 8:52 am, Norminn wrote:
clipped

The manufacturers have solved the countertop problem with granite -
robust and hides crumbs. But, they really need to work on finding a
surface for appliances. Probably find some aerospace material works,
like carbon composite with laminated granite?

The Chinese have solved the problem for appliances...plastic, engineered
to not last long enough to get dirty. Last time I went shopping, I
tried to find something NOT made in China...all I could come up with was
a picture frame made in Mexico.

LOL! You are correct! I just bought a 900W microwave from Walmart
[made in China] for around $46. I have not had to clean the buttons
yet, because ...yes, the plastic coating has deteriorated and looks
like I ran a soldering iron over them. At first, I thought this was a
protective plastic sheet that I had neglected to remove and was
supposed to be removed. Guess not.

What did you expect for $46?

Truly amazing, isn't it? These moron lefties want their $46 microwave
but want it hand made in the USA by union thugs, making $50/hr.

Membrane switches won't take abuse, and
that includes constantly poking them with sharp fingernails or a
utensil.

He's pretty dull, though.

Uh, say what?! How'd you get into a personal attack? *Why do you
consider me "...pretty dull,...."? Boring, probably, Dense, no.

Dumb.

Especially, not so 'dull' as to expect the $46 microwave oven to last
very long. I simply was sharing my experience, reinforcing someone's
tongue in cheek comment about how it is not necessary to clean the
microwave surfaces because the microwave will fail first! *The
poster's joke was like all good humour, based in truth.

Anyone bitching about the quality of a $46 WallyWorld microwave
doesn't have electricity to all floors.

Don't know why YOU assume a leftie, member of the Republican National
Committee, personally invited by Bob Dole to join the Republican Inner
Circle. More details witheld because this IS a public forum regarding
home repair and most importantly, this is NOT a political forum.

...and a liar. *Perhaps to himself, but a liar, nonetheless.

Again for the denseness you have been displaying. Not dumb, either.

As I said, I didn't expect much from the product, but was surprised
the Chinese didn't have decent plastics. Active circuitry I expected
to fail, not passive housing.

With your last statement, you show your true character. You are
describing yourself when you try to call me a liar. Upon rereading my
last paragraph, perhaps I am lying to myself that this is not a
political forum. Other statements are true.

Also, end of this discussion.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:08:18 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 04:22:58 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 21:42:36 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Fourth or even fifth generation in some families. Sad, but true. I
don't see it much anymore, but back in the '60 & '70s I did TV repair
and saw a lot of disgusting things. Did you ever run a service call in
a whorehouse? The place reeked, and everyone there looked like death
warmed over.

I was "night security" at a cat house in Ely Nevada in the early 1970s
several nights a week..and it was clean, as were the girls..most of
whom came to work during school breaks. A noted lawyer and a rather
famous pediatrician were house girls who came to earn their tuition
money and enjoy the break from school

This looked like a flop house. Old, dirty & beds everywhere. The
kind of building that the city was activly buying and buldozing, if the
owner couldn't bring it up to code

Prostitution in that part of Nevada was legal. So it was far more
"commercial" than in other places. No money spent on keeping the cops
away via bribes and whatnot. And the girls were well paid.

As a cop..Ive seen a bunch of poorly paid ladies..their pimps taking
the vast majority of their pay. Which is why it should be legalized
across the US.

Legalizing prostitution doesn't eliminate pimps. It solves very few
problems and creates a lot more, IMO.

What more will it create?

Proper medical inspections (none today)

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:56:43 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Being who I am, I am replacing the switches in a wireless mouse. I
can't find another model that doesn't bother my Carpal Tunnel, and
Logitech has used the same switches for over a decade. Not that I
think
most people could replace one on a double sided, board with PTH.

Some reviews of the Logitech M570 trackball say it helps their CTS:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-0.../dp/B0043T7FXE

I bought one to control 7 Media Center from the arm of a chair and am
slowly approaching the precision I acquired with a mouse from 20+
years of CAD work. At first it was very awkward.

My hand is slightly too small for it and slides back unless I position
it where the chair back supports my elbow.
jsw

It does take a little while to get used to a trackball, but Ive been
using them for at least a decade and they are very good.

Be sure to change the settings in Windows (or whatever OS ) so the
ball moves properly for your "touch". Its all changable of course and
can be adjusted nicely

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:25:42 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
describing yourself when you try to call me a liar. Upon rereading my
last paragraph, perhaps I am lying to myself that this is not a
political forum. Other statements are true.

Unfortunately, sooner or later, most any discussion here turns into a
rant, rave or complaint. Just human nature I guess. Don't know if that
means you're lying to yourself or not, but there you are.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:27:56 -0800, Gunner
Legalizing prostitution doesn't eliminate pimps. It solves very few
problems and creates a lot more, IMO.

What more will it create?

The biggest problem it will create is having a profound affect on the
society that permits it to happen openly. Some don't think that's a
problem, but it goes against the idea of family values and attitudes.

Other than that, licensed or not, brothels affect land values, tend to
attract the criminal element to wherever those brothels are centred,
(even if they are licensed). I'm sure with a little further thought, I
could think of few other contraindications.

Would it bother *you* to have a licensed brothel next door? Would it
bother you to have a licensed addiction needling sight next to where
you live? How about a licensed marijuana grow op that supplies to the
medically ill? I don't know of anybody who would say, "no it wouldn't
bother me."

It's easy to say "why not", but there's *always* consequences.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:30:31 -0800, Gunner
It does take a little while to get used to a trackball, but Ive been
using them for at least a decade and they are very good.

I never could get past the awkwardness I first felt with using a
trackball. And, I could never envision a trackball being as precise as
a mouse.

I know from experience that give enough time, you can get used to most
anything, but it makes me ask why would I want to use a trackball when
I'm completely satisfied with regular mouse usage?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/24/2013 6:56 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Being who I am, I am replacing the switches in a wireless mouse. I
can't find another model that doesn't bother my Carpal Tunnel, and
Logitech has used the same switches for over a decade. Not that I
think
most people could replace one on a double sided, board with PTH.

Some reviews of the Logitech M570 trackball say it helps their CTS:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-0.../dp/B0043T7FXE

I bought one to control 7 Media Center from the arm of a chair and am
slowly approaching the precision I acquired with a mouse from 20+
years of CAD work. At first it was very awkward.

My hand is slightly too small for it and slides back unless I position
it where the chair back supports my elbow.
jsw

How long have you had that M570?

Now that I have asked, ;~) I am going to tell you how to fix it when it
quits working properly. I am on my 3rd in 2 years, Logitech has
replaced 2 units without requesting a return.

My problem has been with the center click button, this center click is a
big time saver in Sketchup for orbiting while panning. Anyway I could
hear and feel the click but the orbit command would not engage unless I
pressed even harder after hearing the click and then some times having
to hold down the wheel and wiggle it. The cursor would not go from a
pointer arrow to an orbit icon. A real PIA.

After getting the second replacement I decided to open up the one with
the problem. Both had the same problem BTW.
There are "5" screws on the bottom and inside that have to be removed
to open the unit. One screw is obvious just under the ball on the
bottom. 3 more screws are under the rubber pads opposite the ball and
at the far long ends. The 5th screw is under the battery label at the
1.5v lettering. Poke a hole through the diagram label at that point to
find the screw. Then pull the bottom half away from the top half.

Inside you have a small square switch with a round button, flood that
switch with electrical cleaner and or any other switches that may be
giving you trouble. Thoroughly blow dry the assembly, I used compressed
air and reassembled. Works like new again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/24/2013 12:56 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:30:31 -0800, Gunner
It does take a little while to get used to a trackball, but Ive been
using them for at least a decade and they are very good.

I never could get past the awkwardness I first felt with using a
trackball. And, I could never envision a trackball being as precise as
a mouse.

I have been using a track ball IIRC since Logitech had the white simi
round unit with the little blue ball that tolled wheels. That ball was
operated with your right thumb. I only had one mouse prior to that
which was in the 80's before a mouse was standard equipment.

I never never never could get use to the finger operated track ball.
The thumb operated track ball was instantly intuitive for me 20+ years ago.

I can see how the finger tip operated track balls might be more
difficult to get used to.

I know from experience that give enough time, you can get used to most
anything, but it makes me ask why would I want to use a trackball when
I'm completely satisfied with regular mouse usage?

My number one reason is so that I don't have to move my hand all over my
desk when panning a drawing or moving the cursor from one point to
another in the screen.

I can orbit and pan and zoom in/out on my drawings without moving my
hand or mouse.

For some people the track ball is as difficult to master as is the mouse
is to me. I think the thumb track ball might be easier for you, I would

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

I have been using a track ball IIRC since Logitech had the white simi
round unit with the little blue ball that tolled wheels. That ball
was operated with your right thumb. I only had one mouse prior to
that which was in the 80's before a mouse was standard equipment.

I never never never could get use to the finger operated track ball.
The thumb operated track ball was instantly intuitive for me 20+ years
ago.

I can see how the finger tip operated track balls might be more
difficult to get used to.

The Thinkpad line of laptops has a "touch point" or some other goofy
name. It's the red thing in the corner of the g, h, and b keys. It
mostly stays out of the way, but it's far superior to the track pads most
laptops are saddled with. After a few hours of mouse-heavy activity,
like Sketchup, my hand isn't aching and my finger isn't raw.

It did take a bit of getting used to, but it's worth it.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

The same problems as other decadent members of society create.
Poverty, human trafficking, child abuse. Nothing important.

Proper medical inspections (none today)

No guarantee.

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Robert Macy wrote:

[...]

You must be looking in a mirror again.

As I said, I didn't expect much from the product, but was surprised
the Chinese didn't have decent plastics. Active circuitry I expected
to fail, not passive housing.

For $46? Retail? You are nuts!

With your last statement, you show your true character. You are
describing yourself when you try to call me a liar. Upon rereading my
last paragraph, perhaps I am lying to myself that this is not a
political forum. Other statements are true.

You certainly are.

Also, end of this discussion.

Stop being such an idiot and I won't call you on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

It gets the blue-haired ladies really upset..

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Nope
That's caused by the illegal/underground/black market trade.
Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Proper medical inspections (none today)

No guarantee.

Actually yes, if your cathouse wants to stay in business.

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

Actually yes,
Since they are required to be tested regularly and are effectively unable to
work legally.

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

See above.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Funny how experiences in Nevada and Amsterdam prove you wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:56:15 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Nope. Legalizing the trade doesn't change this. It just makes more.

Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Bull****. It's still prevalent in NV.

Don't be so myopic. The guy with the fuzzy dice doesn't give a ****.

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

Actually yes,

Wrong again. It doesn't change the street trade one iota.

Since they are required to be tested regularly and are effectively unable to
work legally.

See above and try *THINKING*.

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

See above.

Please do.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Funny how experiences in Nevada and Amsterdam prove you wrong.

You're as wrong as you can be. I suppose you don't think there are
problems with legalizing drugs, either. Idiot.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:56:15 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Makes more "what"exactly ?
Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Bull****. It's still prevalent in NV.

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ?
Prove it, dummy

Proper medical inspections (none today)

No guarantee.

Actually yes, if your cathouse wants to stay in business.

Don't be so myopic. The guy with the fuzzy dice doesn't give a ****.

Ok
So clearly your clueless and ignorant and just working off bigotry

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

Actually yes,

Wrong again. It doesn't change the street trade one iota.

Try again dummy

Since they are required to be tested regularly and are effectively unable
work legally.

See above and try *THINKING*.

Why ?
When are you goind to demonstrate some ?

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

See above.

Please do.

Well clearly you can't as long as your eyes are closed and your yap is open.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Funny how experiences in Nevada and Amsterdam prove you wrong.

You're as wrong as you can be. I suppose you don't think there are
problems with legalizing drugs, either. Idiot.

Great sig you have there.
I agree.
YOU ARE an idiot
And an ignorant one at that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

We finally lost our Microwave tank we bought in 1980 or 81.

We bought a new model - about the same capability - less in some way
more others - but this one I could pick up and hold in one hand.

They changed the heavy core transformer - 1 KW is a transformer!

To a switcher supply - aka modern.

When we turned it on, it swamped or killed WiFi in the house. Never
tried the cell phone but computers would not be on line...

I now have hard wire to those computers and we can use the microwave
anytime.

It is a Panasonic. Works just fine - suspect the osc in the switcher
is just there.

Martin

Microwave ovens are very simple technology, if it works, why screw with
the design since the math doesn't change? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Being who I am, I am replacing the switches in a wireless mouse. I
can't find another model that doesn't bother my Carpal Tunnel, and
Logitech has used the same switches for over a decade. Not that I
think
most people could replace one on a double sided, board with PTH.

Some reviews of the Logitech M570 trackball say it helps their CTS:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-0.../dp/B0043T7FXE

I bought one to control 7 Media Center from the arm of a chair and am
slowly approaching the precision I acquired with a mouse from 20+
years of CAD work. At first it was very awkward.

My hand is slightly too small for it and slides back unless I position
it where the chair back supports my elbow.
jsw

I have tried several trackballs, and none felt right. They were much
harder for me to position the cursor accurately than with a decent
mouse. It might be OK for newsgroups & Email with more practice but
they were useless for Eagle (Circuit board layout) ot LTSpice (Circuit
simulation) Forget doing graphics with GIMP or another graphics
package.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What did you expect for $46?

Truly amazing, isn't it? These moron lefties want their $46 microwave
but want it hand made in the USA by union thugs, making $50/hr.

Membrane switches won't take abuse, and that includes constantly
poking them with sharp fingernails or a utensil.

He's pretty dull, though.

That's the type that doesn't notice the damage till it's too late.
Hell, a GOOD US made membrane switch would sell for more than $30 in
quantities of 5,000 or less.

...snip....

Michael, I did notice the deterioration right from the start. So
what's your point?

Why didn't you take it back for a refund?

Obviously, being such a cheap plastic membrane, the
deterioration just kept on. I suppose I could have 'sprayed' a sealer
coating over the membrane switch or RTV'd it or put that PCB gunk on
it to preserve the integrity of whatever seal the manufacturer was
seeking, but come on, this was a cheap microwave.

I have a 20+ year old JC Penny microwave oven with a membrane
keyboard that don't show any wear. It would have been junked long ago,
if the keypad was damaged. It's in storage at the moment because it's
too tall to sit on the kitchen counter. It will be put back in the
kitchen after the handicap modifications are finished. IN the meantime
I've had two smaller microwaves fail. A Samsung had the controller fail,
and a brand new Westinghouse failed with less than five minutes use and
the power cord was so hot I couldn't touch it. A real POS. Right now I
am using a stainless steel piece of junk that was dropped when it was
new. I straightened the door so the latch would operate, but it's
nothing to brag about. I will say that I have only bought one microwave
in the last 30 years, and I paid $2 for it at a thrift store with a bad
interlock switch that was repaired with a used microswitch. The rest
were all picked up as junk & repaired.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Odd...thats what unlawful prostitution has created. And you want to
keep it that way?

Proper medical inspections (none today)

No guarantee.

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

No guarantee you wake up in the morning either.

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

How so? They can call the police if they have a problem. They cant
now.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Still waiting for that list of problems it creates. I/we will be
waiting with great interest for it.

Now if you have a religious or moral objection because of your
religion, simply indicate that, rather than waving your hands in the
air and pontificating.

Gunner

1. Lie

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:54:01 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Actually...most of the blue-hairs would rather their grandsons visit a
hooker than get a girl preggers.

1. Lie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Attila Iskander wrote:

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ?
Prove it, dummy

In general, if something become legal, more people will participate.
Examples:

* Concealed handgun carry in Wisconsin. A little over a year ago, virtually
zero. As of today, 136,000 permits have been issued.

* Smoking dope in California: More than half a million residents have the
voluntary ID card.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Jim Wilkins wrote:
Some reviews of the Logitech M570 trackball say it helps their CTS:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-0.../dp/B0043T7FXE

jsw

I have tried several trackballs, and none felt right. They were
much
harder for me to position the cursor accurately than with a decent
mouse. It might be OK for newsgroups & Email with more practice but
they were useless for Eagle (Circuit board layout) ot LTSpice
(Circuit
simulation) Forget doing graphics with GIMP or another graphics
package.

I plugged it in to edit this reply. After a week my thumb dexterity is
improving. I've been using the end of my thumb for coarse motion and
the joint or middle pad to put the cursor between letters.

I just noticed that I can position the cursor more precisely with my
clumsier left hand on this Dell Latitude's touchpad than with my right
hand on either the trackball or the mouse. The touchpad resolves 9
separate cursor positions across a lower case 'w'. I'm still much
quicker with the mouse though.
jsw

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Attila Iskander wrote:

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ?
Prove it, dummy

In general, if something become legal, more people will participate.
Examples:

* Concealed handgun carry in Wisconsin. A little over a year ago,
virtually zero. As of today, 136,000 permits have been issued.

Does not demonstrate that people didn't carry before
Only accounts for those that got permits

* Smoking dope in California: More than half a million residents have the
voluntary ID card.

Same argument
Prove that they weren't potheads before

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
[...]

It may be the nerve damage in my hands, but I have given up on
trackballs. A lot of mice don't work well for me, either. Touchpads
drive me up the wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Gunner on Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:33:01 -0800 typed

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

It gets the blue-haired ladies really upset..

Actually...most of the blue-hairs would rather their grandsons visit a
hooker than get a girl preggers.

They'd rather he get married and produce grand kids, or keep it in
his pants. But ... "sigh, takes after his daddy no doubt, if he was
anything like his late daddy. Now all I have are memories."

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:51:05 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Trade, dummy.

Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Good grief. It's *OBVIOUS* that decriminalizing something doesn't
eliminate it.

Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Bull****. It's still prevalent in NV.

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

No one at your house, obviously.

Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ?
Prove it, dummy

Good Lord, you're stupid sometimes.

more idiocy snipped?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Making it lawful doesn't solve the problem, just makes more.

Proper medical inspections (none today)

No guarantee.

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

No guarantee you wake up in the morning either.

That's the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

How so? They can call the police if they have a problem. They cant
now.

It's *NOT* going to magically eliminate the street hookers, pimps, or
children. The problem will persist because there is a market for all.
It *might* clean up the whorehouses but that's not guaranteed, either.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Still waiting for that list of problems it creates. I/we will be
waiting with great interest for it.

At least you're admitting illiteracy.

Now if you have a religious or moral objection because of your
religion, simply indicate that, rather than waving your hands in the
air and pontificating.

Moral, perhaps. Practical is more important, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:48:08 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

[...]

I can't use them either. They'll kill my wrist. The fingers are in
such an unnatural position (wrists bent backwards).
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:51:05 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:56:15 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

By what factor ?
One more "trade" does not prove that meaningfulll.

Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Good grief. It's *OBVIOUS* that decriminalizing something doesn't
eliminate it.

NO one claimed that an idiot would even consider that it would
On the other hand decriminalizing it would remove the (criminal) profit of
it, and provide the opportunity to control, and generate tax and licensing
revenue. Not to mention reduce to costs of poilcing and pursuing all those
criminals making an (illegal) profit from it.

Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Bull****. It's still prevalent in NV.

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

No one at your house, obviously.

OK
So there's nothing between your ears but vacuum..
Got it.

Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ?
Prove it, dummy

Good Lord, you're stupid sometimes.

more idiocy snipped?

You're the one making stupid claims all over the scenery
None of which you can support with any actual data.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

So tell us
Which caused more problems and unconvered social costs
Prohibition or it's repeal ??

Answer the above question BEFORE you demonstrate more ignorance..

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

[...]

Try using one while wearing a cockup splint.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Who wants to meet anyone with an IQ lower than that of slime mold?

EA's intelligence and education peek through sometimes, as when he
discusses chemistry.

He must have done that after he was killfiled. All I've ever seen
were his mindless rant, and got I quite tired of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:40:02 -0500, wrote:

The same problems as other decadent members of society create.
Poverty, human trafficking, child abuse. Nothing important.

Odd...thats what unlawful prostitution has created. And you want to
keep it that way?

Making it lawful doesn't solve the problem, just makes more.

I keep seeing you make that claim..but no cites are forthcoming even
after I asked for them.

Proper medical inspections (none today)

No guarantee.

Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)

Certainly no guarantee.

No guarantee you wake up in the morning either.

That's the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

Safety for clients and the girls (none today)

Wrong.

How so? They can call the police if they have a problem. They cant
now.

It's *NOT* going to magically eliminate the street hookers, pimps, or
children. The problem will persist because there is a market for all.
It *might* clean up the whorehouses but that's not guaranteed, either.

Of course it wont "eliminate" them, but it sure will taper them down
drastically.

I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it
creates

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Still waiting for that list of problems it creates. I/we will be
waiting with great interest for it.

At least you're admitting illiteracy.

Still waiting.

Now if you have a religious or moral objection because of your
religion, simply indicate that, rather than waving your hands in the
air and pontificating.

Moral, perhaps. Practical is more important, though.

Still waiting

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:57:55 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

news
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:56:15 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Does it matter? It makes *more* of a destructive thing.

Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Good grief. It's *OBVIOUS* that decriminalizing something doesn't
eliminate it.

NO one claimed that an idiot would even consider that it would
On the other hand decriminalizing it would remove the (criminal) profit of
it, and provide the opportunity to control, and generate tax and licensing
revenue. Not to mention reduce to costs of poilcing and pursuing all those
criminals making an (illegal) profit from it.

Bull****. That's *exactly* what you've been saying. You sound like a
Democrat. Anything you can tax is a benefit to society.

Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Bull****. It's still prevalent in NV.

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

No one at your house, obviously.

OK

So you agree. Fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:59:57 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Actually, its repeal. ...by *far*.

Answer the above question BEFORE you demonstrate more ignorance..

You simply can't think. You must be a closet Democrat.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:47:18 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

[...]

Precisely the point. It's an unnatural position.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:57:55 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:51:05 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:vn3li85tshvv05dupu4almm85oh4ica5dv@4ax. com...

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

More compared to what ?
How does it compare to ther failure of prohibition which causes the whole
thing to go underground which then breeds a whole criminal black market
which brings on it's own set of problems
Havent' you learned ANY of the lessons of history ?

Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Good grief. It's *OBVIOUS* that decriminalizing something doesn't
eliminate it.

NO one claimed that an idiot would even consider that it would
On the other hand decriminalizing it would remove the (criminal) profit of
it, and provide the opportunity to control, and generate tax and licensing
revenue. Not to mention reduce to costs of poilcing and pursuing all those
criminals making an (illegal) profit from it.

Bull****.

Yes indeed you spew bull****
And more follows

That's *exactly* what you've been saying.

No stupid. It's not
And if you had ANY ability to read for comprehension, you would know that.

You sound like a Democrat.

Which again demonstrates that you confuse the voices in your head with those
of others.

Get your meds adjusted.

Anything you can tax is a benefit to society.

Since I didn't say that, I'll leave you to feed that stupid strawman.

Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Bull****. It's still prevalent in NV.

Hello ?
Anyone home ???

No one at your house, obviously.

OK

++ Start UNSNIP
++ So there's nothing between your ears but vacuum..
++ Got it.
++ Stop UNSNIP

So you agree. Fine.

When you need to cut what I wrote to change the context, you prove that
you're a moron and a troll..

Now I consider it open season to kick your skanky lying ass all over this
group...

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:59:57 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Which goes to show how ignorant you are.

Answer the above question BEFORE you demonstrate more ignorance..

You simply can't think. You must be a closet Democrat.

You simply spout ignorance
That proves YOU are a pinky/progressive idiot.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

[...]

Put your hands on a Logitech M570. it rests under my hand as my hand
naturally would rest on the desk surface. Fingers only do the clicking
as they would with a regular mouse. Your thumb moves the ball, which it
rests on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/