Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Peachtree Woodworking = Cheaptree

I buy a lot of stuff from Peachtree. Maybe not so much anymore.

50% Freud router bit sale. Pretty nice discount so I order two of the same small bit.

Get an email today... pharaphrase "we were overwhelmed with the response. We sold out. We can't buy anymore at the cheap price so no backorders and you loose out. Sorry sucker."

The offer did not say "clearance" or "while supplies last", at least I don't think so and they didn't say anything like that in their pitiful "apology".

They are cleary big enough to cover the "loss". In fact if the email said "you'll have to wait but we will honor the price even though we are losing out" I would have thought much of their integrity. However, now not so much. I sent them a reply indicating my "displeasure" and I will not be so eager to ever buy from them again, although if it suits me I shall.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 14:08:30 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

I buy a lot of stuff from Peachtree. Maybe not so much anymore.

50% Freud router bit sale. Pretty nice discount so I order two of the same small bit.

Get an email today... pharaphrase "we were overwhelmed with the response. We sold out. We can't buy anymore at the cheap price so no backorders and you loose out. Sorry sucker."

The offer did not say "clearance" or "while supplies last", at least I don't think so and they didn't say anything like that in their pitiful "apology".

They are cleary big enough to cover the "loss". In fact if the email said "you'll have to wait but we will honor the price even though we are losing out" I would have thought much of their integrity. However, now not so much. I sent them a reply indicating my "displeasure" and I will not be so eager to ever buy from them again, although if it suits me I shall.

I did not see the ad so I don't know if there was any fine print.
Since you state that you don't know either, why are you whining about
not getting a deal?

How often do you work for free? In this case, you did not get any
savings, but you did not lose anything either. Perhaps they could
have lost thousands if they tried to satisfy everyone that ordered.

You should be thankful they even made you the offer and passed on
savings to customers. They could have bought at a good price and kept
the extra profits.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Get an email today... pharaphrase "we were overwhelmed with the response. We sold out. We can't buy anymore at the cheap price so no backorders and you loose out. Sorry sucker."

The offer did not say "clearance" or "while supplies last", at least I don't think so and they didn't say anything like that in their pitiful "apology".

Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

Prices are subject to change. Pictorial and typographical errors are
subject to correction at time of order. Peachtree Woodworking Supply
Inc. reserves the right to refuse any order. Peachtree Woodworking is
not responsible for any typographical errors posted on-line.

Peachtree Woodworking Supply, Inc. E- Direct Special Offers

E-Direct Special Offers are valid only for orders placed online or by
phone at time of promotion and cannot be combined with other sales
offers or applied to previous orders .Previous purchases from a
Woodworking Show do not qualify for E-Direct promotional price.
Peachtree Woodworking Supply, Inc. reserves the right to limit
quantities, correct errors or omissions and modify or end E-Direct
promotion at any time
Posted to rec.woodworking

You should be thankful they even made you the offer and passed on savings to customers. They could have bought at a good price and kept the extra profits.

I am not thankful at all and not whining. Just sharing with others that Peachtree woodworking are cheap *******s. I am talking about a compnay that treats their customers badly. They made a clear offer. People accepted it. They didn't honor the offer. Their pitiful apology indicates it was an error on their part and they did offer me 10% off on any purchase over $25. That is pitiful.

How often do I work free? If I say I am gonna work free, then I hold up my end.

I did lose something; my respect for Peachtree Woodworking. The money means less than nothing to me, I have plenty.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap *******s who don't honor their word. That's all.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 22:32:56 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap *******s who don't honor their word. That's all.

Know how you feel, other then the Bessy deal that Woodpeckers offered
said limited quantiities and I waited a couple days to respond and
lost out. ****ed me off, because I should have jumped on it, but
they were up front.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

Prices are subject to change. Pictorial and typographical errors are
subject to correction at time of order. Peachtree Woodworking Supply
Inc. reserves the right to refuse any order. Peachtree Woodworking is
not responsible for any typographical errors posted on-line.

Maybe not as covered as they would like you to believe:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...net-rules-road

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 22:30:14 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

You should be thankful they even made you the offer and passed on savings to customers. They could have bought at a good price and kept the extra profits.

I am not thankful at all and not whining. Just sharing with others that Peachtree woodworking are cheap *******s. I am talking about a compnay that treats their customers badly. They made a clear offer. People accepted it. They didn't honor the offer. Their pitiful apology indicates it was an error on their part and they did offer me 10% off on any purchase over $25. That is pitiful.

How often do I work free? If I say I am gonna work free, then I hold up my end.

I did lose something; my respect for Peachtree Woodworking. The money means less than nothing to me, I have plenty.

I can't speak for others, but it had the reverse affect on me. I was
unaware of the company and now I may start buying from them. You lost
respect for them, I lost respect for you.

I don't see them taking a loss because you missed a bargain and are
having a hissy fit. There was no out of pocket loss on your part.

Let's get back to the "working for free" issue. OK, you said you would
do it and hold up your part of the bargain. What if you show up,
tools in hand, and find out the job is also going to cost you $150 for
material to do it. Would you still be happy and pay it?

They are out of a particular product. They can't get any more. Done.
You missed it. **** happens so you move on since there was no loss.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 12:32 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap *******s who don't honor their word. That's all.

I understand you're disappointed and won't buy from them again (unless
they offer another deal you want to bite on) but their "word" is
contained in the offer and limitations as stated on their site. You
cannot parse this out and pick and choose. They made an offer, true,
but all offers are subject to the fine print.

Would you still be whining and castigating them if the reason they
didn't provide you with those bits was due to the ship carrying them
over here from Freud had been lost at sea?

Suck it up and move on. They aren't cheap, they ran out. They didn't
charge your CC and make you fight for a credit, did they? They didn't
ship you the same bits but charge you and extra $10.

You didn't lose anything, you just didn't score a deal.

That's life.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I understand you're disappointed and won't buy from them again (unless
they offer another deal you want to bite on) but their "word" is
contained in the offer and limitations as stated on their site. You
cannot parse this out and pick and choose. They made an offer, true,
but all offers are subject to the fine print.

I will say that it was the one company, back in the days of the old
woodworking shows, who left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I
soon stopped buying from their booths at those shows.

I distinctly recall nothing friendly about the way their show personnel
treated customers at the Houston shows, and perceived an attitude of
"get their money while you can".

AAMOF, and once experienced, I detect a familiar whiff of that same
attitude in the wording on their website ... something you do not see
from the Rob Lee/Lee Valley's of the woodworking business.

Strictly my 2 cents/opinion, for good or bad, and biased or unbiased so
be it, but definitely lingering feelings based on a couple of
experiences buying from them at the shows.

FWIW/YMMV/etc. ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap *******s who don't honor their word. That's all.

That reminds me of the Bosch REBATE that I took advantage of in the
first week of June pretty close to the first day of their promotion: Buy
a tool at the stated and get two free batteries.

I received my batteries two days ago (11/9/12). 5 Months~~150 days.

When I discussed the delay with them after 8 weeks, they said that the
batteries were *FREE* (so I didn't have anything to complain about).
I played with them a bit over whether the batteries were really
free--but that was their position. The batteries arrived without any
sort of note (apology?) or explanation. Even a Bosch coupon to help
make up for the "inconvenience" would have been appreciated! I'm on the
lookout for a Milwaukee jigsaw now (6268-21) (the newer Bosch jigsaws
don't get rave reviews).

Just a reminder to "be wary" if it doesn't come in the box! : )

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/12 9:40 AM, Swingman wrote:
I will say that it was the one company, back in the days of the old
woodworking shows, who left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I
soon stopped buying from their booths at those shows.

I distinctly recall nothing friendly about the way their show personnel
treated customers at the Houston shows, and perceived an attitude of
"get their money while you can".

Yep. Good way to put it.... I had the same feeling.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:17:25 -0500, Bill wrote:

[...]

Exactly how were you inconvenienced? Rebates and freebies do
typically take a very long time. Not saying it is right or wrong, but
a common practice. You got something for nothing and yet you want
more?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

That reminds me of the Bosch REBATE that I took advantage of in the
first week of June pretty close to the first day of their promotion:
Buy a tool at the stated and get two free batteries.

I received my batteries two days ago (11/9/12). 5 Months~~150 days.

When I discussed the delay with them after 8 weeks, they said that the
batteries were *FREE* (so I didn't have anything to complain about).
I played with them a bit over whether the batteries were really
free--but that was their position. The batteries arrived without any
sort of note (apology?) or explanation. Even a Bosch coupon to help
make up for the "inconvenience" would have been appreciated! I'm on
the lookout for a Milwaukee jigsaw now (6268-21) (the newer Bosch
jigsaws don't get rave reviews).

Why do people feel they are "inconvenienced" after getting something for
free. I never saw the ad, so I can't say for certain, but I would bet - or
I would certainly not be surprised if that ad had wording which indicated
the batteries would ship separately, and could take up to (some number...)
of days to arrive. Most ads like this do include such language.

Regardless - you got something for less than what it would have cost you
separately, as part of a promo. You did receive it. What's with the
"inconvenience"? Why a note of apology to you? What do they have to
apologize for? That you thought things should have happened differently? A
coupon? For what?

People today just want more and more, and don't even take the time to
appreciate what they do get. People today are all about the pain, suffering
and inconveniences they must suffer through simply because they got exactly
what they bought. You have it so rough Bill...

--

-Mike-

Just a reminder to "be wary" if it doesn't come in the box! : )

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

We've become a society of victims!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

[...]

Yes, it said the batteries would arrive within 6 to 8 weeks. After 8
weeks, I received another lettter saying it would be another 90 to 120
days.

Regardless - you got something for less than what it would have cost you
separately, as part of a promo.

No, I considered it part of the deal (which it was). IMO, they broke
their contract.

You did receive it. What's with the
"inconvenience"? Why a note of apology to you? What do they have to
apologize for?

Breaking their agreement.

That you thought things should have happened differently? A
coupon? For what?

People today just want more and more, and don't even take the time to
appreciate what they do get. People today are all about the pain, suffering
and inconveniences they must suffer through simply because they got exactly
what they bought. You have it so rough Bill...

How "rough" I have it has nothing to do with the matter. I would not
have pushed the "buy" button if not for the promotion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Exactly how were you inconvenienced? Rebates and freebies do
typically take a very long time. Not saying it is right or wrong, but
a common practice. You got something for nothing and yet you want
more?

We've become a society of victims!

If I pay for something online up front and don't receive it for 5
months, I feel that I've been either a "victim" or a "sucker" (your
choice)!

I think I could make a fair amount of money selling Apple products, if I
sold them now and delivered in 5 months. Don't you think so? There is
not much, if any, difference to me between that and what BO$CH did.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Yes, it said the batteries would arrive within 6 to 8 weeks. After 8
weeks, I received another lettter saying it would be another 90 to 120
days.

So... they had problems fulfilling - AND they had the courtesy to advise
you. Geeze...

Regardless - you got something for less than what it would have cost
you separately, as part of a promo.

No, I considered it part of the deal (which it was). IMO, they broke
their contract.

It was part of the deal, but that does not change the fact that you got
something that would have cost you more if you bought it separately. Take
you opinion to an attorney and he'll tell you whether they broke their
contract - your opinion on that does not mean a thing.

You did receive it. What's with the
"inconvenience"? Why a note of apology to you? What do they have to
apologize for?

Breaking their agreement.

Yawn.

That you thought things should have happened differently? A
coupon? For what?

People today just want more and more, and don't even take the time to
appreciate what they do get. People today are all about the pain,
suffering and inconveniences they must suffer through simply because
they got exactly what they bought. You have it so rough Bill...

How "rough" I have it has nothing to do with the matter. I would not
have pushed the "buy" button if not for the promotion.

And you got the items per the terms of the deal. You just want to bitch
about it.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Regardless - you got something for less than what it would have cost
you separately, as part of a promo.

No, I considered it part of the deal (which it was). IMO, they broke
their contract.

It was part of the deal, but that does not change the fact that you got
something that would have cost you more if you bought it separately. Take
you opinion to an attorney and he'll tell you whether they broke their
contract - your opinion on that does not mean a thing.

Yes. I never claimed to be an attorney--but I wouldn't assess my
thoughts about the matter as value-less like you did. I think that the
extension of the delivery date from 8 weeks to 150 days would have given
me a basis to return the product if I wanted to. I believe they broke
the contract, by not delivering by the date they originally provided.
They will not win customers by "being right" about things like this.
Their attorneys might try to suggest that the extra batteries were
*free* (that's what their representatives told me) but I would counter
that I paid over $200 as "consideration". But the matter is resolved now.

I expect they knew how many batteries they had when they made the
promotion (and my rebate coupon was sent in on the "just-started" end of
it). If they screw up the Bosch brand name, they can just create a new
one. We are a nation of laws, that's for sure. We are, for better or
worse, a nation of law-breakers too!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Yes. I never claimed to be an attorney--but I wouldn't assess my
thoughts about the matter as value-less like you did.

I do not assess your thoughts as value-less, just uninformed. You and I
both know how frequently people spout off about breach of contract or some
other thing - and are totally wet, because they just don't understand the
matter. That's why I said to talk to an attorney.

I think that
the extension of the delivery date from 8 weeks to 150 days would
have given me a basis to return the product if I wanted to. I
believe they broke the contract, by not delivering by the date they
originally provided. They will not win customers by "being right"
about things like this. Their attorneys might try to suggest that the
extra batteries were *free* (that's what their representatives told
me) but I would counter that I paid over $200 as "consideration". But the
matter is resolved now.

I guess it would depend at least, upon what the offer stated. Beyond that -
I would not be surprised if the law allows some relief if they can't meet a
timeline. Further beyond that - did you ask them to allow you to return the
products for a full refund? You can allude to them denying that if you
didn't even try. What you would "counter" does not matter unless that's
what the law allows. Again - unless you actually know about these things,
what you think is irrelevant.

I expect they knew how many batteries they had when they made the
promotion (and my rebate coupon was sent in on the "just-started" end
of it). If they screw up the Bosch brand name, they can just create
a new one. We are a nation of laws, that's for sure. We are, for
better or worse, a nation of law-breakers too!

Yes - indeed we are. And... I do not suggest that companies like this are
noble by definition. Nor would I have caused you to experience the delay
with no simple form of acknowledgment (perhaps a discount coupon or the
likes), but I don't run the company. My comments were not about what I
would have done or thought they should do, but were about your (near)
assertions, and the (near) victimization statements from you, over something
that had no real impact on you except the angst of having to wait a longer
time.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

[...]

No, I didn't. I realized I could have. Amazon would have stood beside me
(and gave me a refund, I believe)! By the way, if I have to go to an
attorney over $200, I don't have to go to an attorney. I wouldn't even
sell the rights to my story for less than $500. : )

You can allude to them denying that if you
didn't even try. What you would "counter" does not matter unless that's
what the law allows. Again - unless you actually know about these things,
what you think is irrelevant.

It depends on your standard I guess. I passed a course on business law,
which included a lot about contracts. I'll be my own judge of whether
what I think is irrelevant, TYVM! : )

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:22:45 -0500, Bill wrote:

Yes. I never claimed to be an attorney--but I wouldn't assess my
thoughts about the matter as value-less like you did. I think that the
extension of the delivery date from 8 weeks to 150 days would have given
me a basis to return the product if I wanted to. I believe they broke
the contract, by not delivering by the date they originally provided.

Ah, no you'd lose that one. You bought a product and they delivered.
They offered a "free" extra and they were late. They also notified
you. The freebies may have been delayed by the Japan tsunami or rough
seas in China, but you got the product you paid for.

I expect they knew how many batteries they had when they made the
promotion (and my rebate coupon was sent in on the "just-started" end of
it). If they screw up the Bosch brand name, they can just create a new
one. We are a nation of laws, that's for sure. We are, for better or
worse, a nation of law-breakers too!

No law broken here. You are right, they probably did have some idea
of how many they would need, but in real life, **** happens. Ever
work in a manufacturing environment with many machines, supplies and
support equipment? Sometimes things go wrong no matter how well
planned.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:17:25 -0500, Bill wrote:
When I discussed the delay with them after 8 weeks, they said that the
batteries were *FREE* (so I didn't have anything to complain about).
I played with them a bit over whether the batteries were really
free--but that was their position.

I was going to post one of my caustic replies to this message, but
with Bill's mind set, it's a guarantee that it would fall on deaf
ears.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Bill hasn't taken that course yet.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/12 2:36 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:17:25 -0500, Bill wrote:
When I discussed the delay with them after 8 weeks, they said that the
batteries were *FREE* (so I didn't have anything to complain about).
I played with them a bit over whether the batteries were really
free--but that was their position.

I was going to post one of my caustic replies to this message, but
with Bill's mind set, it's a guarantee that it would fall on deaf
ears.

I have to agree with him a bit in that they aren't technically free.
If you could walk into the store and walk out (or have it shipped) with
a battery, having done nothing else, paid for nothing else, then it
would be free.

Regardless, this brings up a pet peeve of mine. People or companies who
think just because something is offered for free, it can then be an
inferior product or service. I can't tell you how many times I've heard
the excuse, "well, it's free isn't it?" That is complete bull**** in my
opinion. If you offer something for free or discounted price that isn't
the same quality as that for which you would charge regular price, then
you are negating any benefit the customer and company receive from the
offer.

The same goes for people who act as if they don't have to put up the
same effort when volunteering to do something. If you do a half-assed
job or slack off when volunteering your services, then you are severely
discounting the value of your service to the recipient and making
yourself look like an ass in the process. IMO, if you aren't willing to
put the same effort in and provide the same quality product when
volunteering or offering something for free, then you shouldn't do it in
the first place.

This is why many charities would rather ask for cash donations to pay
for a service than to have people volunteer to do the service. When
someone volunteers to do a job or fix something, they charity often gets
put on the back burner, receives inferior parts, or sloppy work that
needs fixed later. When paid for, the job usually gets done right the
first time, on time as scheduled, and no one gets bent out of shape.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:58:37 -0600, -MIKE-
Regardless, this brings up a pet peeve of mine. People or companies who
think just because something is offered for free, it can then be an
inferior product or service. I can't tell you how many times I've heard
the excuse, "well, it's free isn't it?" That is complete bull**** in my
opinion. If you offer something for free or discounted price that isn't
the same quality as that for which you would charge regular price, then
you are negating any benefit the customer and company receive from the
offer.

Sure, I can't argue with that. It's for that exact same reason that I
usually only buy from companies that give outstanding service. Yup, it
often costs more, but in the end, I'm satisfied with what I've bought
and how fast it was shipped to me.

Lee Valley Tools is all that and more. Hell, they frequently give you
something back even when it's not asked for. Approximately a year ago,
I bought a nuts and bolts ID set. Apparently, there was some misprint
(of which I was unaware) on the thread ID box. Lee Valley refunded my
money and told me I could keep the order.

Can't ask for more than that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 9:40 AM, Swingman wrote:

[...]

My thoughts exactly.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No law broken here. You are right, they probably did have some idea
of how many they would need, but in real life, **** happens. Ever
work in a manufacturing environment with many machines, supplies and
support equipment? Sometimes things go wrong no matter how well
planned.

Bill hasn't taken that course yet.

Geeze, Mike. Ease up on that Bill guy. Talk about the stuff, not the
person.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No law broken here. You are right, they probably did have some idea
of how many they would need, but in real life, **** happens. Ever
work in a manufacturing environment with many machines, supplies and
support equipment? Sometimes things go wrong no matter how well
planned.

Bill hasn't taken that course yet.

Geeze, Mike. Ease up on that Bill guy. Talk about the stuff, not the
person.

Oh - I really don't get down on that Bill guy. I like him. You will too
once you get to know him.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap *******s who don't honor their word. That's all.

So does that make you a lying ******* for not having the kits on your
website available that were, and still are, advertised to be available
in late 2011 or is that an invalid analogy?

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....16&I temid=20
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....15&I temid=18

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 11:47 AM, Bill wrote:

How "rough" I have it has nothing to do with the matter. I would not
have pushed the "buy" button if not for the promotion.

Please!

It's a promotion. You got something more than is usually offered to the
customer either for the same price or at an even lower price.

They were spare batteries, not batteries needed right now to use the
tool you have in hand.

Do you expect us to believe that if they offered you two free batteries
and promised you'd get them in 90 days rather than six to eight weeks
you'd have taken a pass with all other things being equal? Gimme a
break, I was born at night but not last night.

You wanted - and did not get - instant gratification. Too bad, so sad.g

Then I read ahead to your subsequent post which said...

If I pay for something online up front and don't receive it for 5
months, I feel that I've been either a "victim" or a "sucker" (your
choice)!

I think I could make a fair amount of money selling Apple products,
if I sold them now and delivered in 5 months. Don't you think so?
There is not much, if any, difference to me between that and what
BO$CH did.

I'm not sure that I (or anyone else) follows your logic, but have you
considered the dreaded supply line breakdown? overwhelming acceptance
of the offer? Nobody, not Bosch, Porter-Cable, Peachtree, etc. go out
of their way to screw people over. Not and stay in business that it.
**** happens and we just put on our big boy pants and deal with it.

Menard's has run some outstanding sales with rebates on Bosch cordless
tools. Not peculiar to Bosch, buying batteries for these tools will
turn you upside down and shake everything out of your pockets.

Trust me, I'm not an apologist for Bosch or anyone else but there's a
reason we have a phrase, "circumstances beyond our control" in our
lexicon. Had the batteries not eventually arrived or some concession by
Bosch made instead, I'd be with you lighting the torches and marching on
their castle. But that wasn't necessary because Bosch came through,
eventually, and Peachtree didn't take any money for something that was
never delivered. They simply ran out. Maybe they could have done
better by offering something in exchange. Again, it didn't cost the OP
anything other than a minimal amount of time.

Had a deal a Menard's for the 3/8" drill with case, charger, two Li-Ion
batteries and a mail-in rebate for two more batteries.

Great tool, great sale price (the combo above was only slightly more
than it would have cost me to purchase a SINGLE replacement battery
pack). As my brother works for a different division of Bosch, he
frequently has access to in house sales of factory reconditioned items
and has shared the good fortune with me. The sale price for this drill
kit NEW was way below anything I could think about getting "in-house" as
a reconditioned item. Must have been one helluva demand for those
rebate batteries but I think mine arrived within five weeks tops! IIRC
the rebate had the typical warning of six to eight weeks or whatever.

The point is, those batteries were not needed for me to start using or
enjoying the tool, they were free to me (any way you want to look at it
due to the fantastic sale price even without the rebate) and if it had
taken eight months to get them to me (so long as they eventually came) I
could give a crap less. As it was, the day they arrived, I charged
them, let them cool down and then sealed them in Zip-Loc baggies and put
them in the spare refrigerator in the garage.

anti-rant OFFg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 5:58 PM, Some Guy On The Internet wrote:
On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 22:32:56 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"

I never said they had some legal responsibility to to honor the price. I said that Peachtree Woodworking are cheap *******s who don't honor their word. That's all.

So does that make you a lying ******* for not having the kits on your
website available that were, and still are, advertised to be available
in late 2011 or is that an invalid analogy?

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....16&I temid=20
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....15&I temid=18

Well, there you go! IF those cheap *******s at Peachtree had given him
the router bits he wanted at the sale price, he would have had the kits
in stock by now. But, Noooooooooo! They ran out and he's had to spend
all his time bitching about how they screwed him over rather than going
elsewhere with the money (that never left his wallet) and buying a
couple of bits.

Hey! If we considered buying one of those kits and couldn't, are we
victims too?

Who is victimizing us? Sonoma Products or that evil Peachtree?

Sorry, just couldn't resistg

Posted to rec.woodworking

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 11/10/2012 11:47 AM, Bill wrote:

How "rough" I have it has nothing to do with the matter. I would not
have pushed the "buy" button if not for the promotion.

Please!

It's a promotion. You got something more than is usually offered to the
customer either for the same price or at an even lower price.

They were spare batteries, not batteries needed right now to use the
tool you have in hand.

Do you expect us to believe that if they offered you two free batteries
and promised you'd get them in 90 days rather than six to eight weeks
you'd have taken a pass with all other things being equal? Gimme a
break, I was born at night but not last night.

They were promised in 6-8 weeks, and arrived in 5 months. I wonder how
you would like it if it happened to you! : ) If that sort of thing
happened to someone else, I would want to know about it. You can thank
me later.

You wanted - and did not get - instant gratification. Too bad, so sad.g

I'm the sort of person who doesn't like things "up in the air". I
learned I might pass on the next battery-rebate offer. Nuff said.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 7:24 AM, Swingman wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Looks like they are covered.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ordering_info.htm
Whoops!

Prices are subject to change. Pictorial and typographical errors are
subject to correction at time of order. Peachtree Woodworking Supply
Inc. reserves the right to refuse any order. Peachtree Woodworking is
not responsible for any typographical errors posted on-line.

Maybe not as covered as they would like you to believe:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...net-rules-road

I didn't see anything in that doc that said what peachtree did was illegal.

Running out of stock because you oversold is fine if you had enough
stock on hand to begin the sale.

If you had 5 pieces knowing you would sell 200 well then your an Ahole
vendor.

But this is probably not the case with Peachtree. I have bought from
them in the past and will continue to.

I prefer Lee Valley over most others.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 12:56 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

[...]

I have to agree with Mike. You got a good deal, better than you realize.
Having the batteries delivered so far after makes it a better chance
that your orig batteries will die, and the new ones will still be
running a 1/2 year later. instead of all dying at once.
Stop your whining, leave that to me...

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

I have to agree with Mike. You got a good deal, better than you realize.
Having the batteries delivered so far after makes it a better chance
that your orig batteries will die, and the new ones will still be
running a 1/2 year later. instead of all dying at once.
Stop your whining, leave that to me...

Okay. No more whining about that..lol.

Now I'm whining can I haven't found a trusted source to buy a Milwaukee
6268-21 jigsaw. I want "almost instant gratification"--no frickin'
waiting! I was tempted to go with CPO, but they have made me wait
before, and for a long time. I've learned to not even trust what they
say over the phone to be accurate.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2012 7:38 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

Bill we know you don't like things up in the air, or lights on the
cieling. Or whatever.. you like to know everything before you even
consider doing anything. Once in a while Bill , go with the flow down
the river. Enjoy the ride. Smell the water, the air.
Then realize that building is the same thing, enjoy the ride and
accomplishment. And buying things that have free items, and those items
don't arrive for a long time, and that's in your favor..... are you nuts?
Stop bitching. Start enjoying. Nuff said.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:38:35 -0500, Bill wrote:

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 11/10/2012 11:47 AM, Bill wrote:

How "rough" I have it has nothing to do with the matter. I would not
have pushed the "buy" button if not for the promotion.

Please!

It's a promotion. You got something more than is usually offered to the
customer either for the same price or at an even lower price.

NO, he didn't get anything, even the things which were promised.

They were spare batteries, not batteries needed right now to use the
tool you have in hand.

Do you expect us to believe that if they offered you two free batteries
and promised you'd get them in 90 days rather than six to eight weeks
you'd have taken a pass with all other things being equal? Gimme a
break, I was born at night but not last night.

They were promised in 6-8 weeks, and arrived in 5 months. I wonder how
you would like it if it happened to you! : ) If that sort of thing
happened to someone else, I would want to know about it. You can thank
me later.

There ya go.

Sonoma's situ is not the same thing, either. He says "Planned for
release. Enjoy the preview pics.", not "Buy this Now and we'll send
the other half in 6 weeks."

You wanted - and did not get - instant gratification. Too bad, so sad.g

I'm the sort of person who doesn't like things "up in the air". I
learned I might pass on the next battery-rebate offer. Nuff said.

Ditto. You're justified to be ****ed at Peachtree. Their cutesy
remark was more arrogant than cute. It's a shame. Did they offer to
take back the part you did order and take receipt of?

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:38:35 -0500, Bill wrote:

I'm the sort of person who doesn't like things "up in the air". I
learned I might pass on the next battery-rebate offer. Nuff said.

I have a $100 bill I want to send to you. It may be in 6 to 8 weeks.
It may be in 6 to 8 months. You're going to pass it up because I
can't give you a precise time? Good thing you are not in my will,
that would make you crazy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:38:35 -0500, Bill wrote:

I'm the sort of person who doesn't like things "up in the air". I
learned I might pass on the next battery-rebate offer. Nuff said.

I have a $100 bill I want to send to you. It may be in 6 to 8 weeks.
It may be in 6 to 8 months. You're going to pass it up because I
can't give you a precise time? Good thing you are not in my will,
that would make you crazy.

If I had to pay you $75 for your "deal" (promise to send me $100) I
would pass, not because I doubt your word or sincerity to follow
through, but I don't want to add "being concerned about it" to my to-do
list. In fact, unless I pay you something, called "consideration" and
we set at least an approximate time, we wouldn't even have a
deal/contract.

As a friend of mine says, "Everyone needs beneficiaries!". If you are
short on beneficiaries let me know! : )

Cheers,
Bill