Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Peachtree Woodworking = Cheaptree

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Yes. I never claimed to be an attorney--but I wouldn't assess my
thoughts about the matter as value-less like you did.

I do not assess your thoughts as value-less, just uninformed. You and I
both know how frequently people spout off about breach of contract or some
other thing - and are totally wet, because they just don't understand the
matter. That's why I said to talk to an attorney.

I think that
the extension of the delivery date from 8 weeks to 150 days would
have given me a basis to return the product if I wanted to. I
believe they broke the contract, by not delivering by the date they
originally provided. They will not win customers by "being right"
about things like this. Their attorneys might try to suggest that the
extra batteries were *free* (that's what their representatives told
me) but I would counter that I paid over $200 as "consideration". But the
matter is resolved now.

I guess it would depend at least, upon what the offer stated. Beyond that -
I would not be surprised if the law allows some relief if they can't meet a
timeline. Further beyond that - did you ask them to allow you to return the
products for a full refund?

No, I didn't. I realized I could have. Amazon would have stood beside me
(and gave me a refund, I believe)! By the way, if I have to go to an
attorney over $200, I don't have to go to an attorney. I wouldn't even
sell the rights to my story for less than $500. : )

You can allude to them denying that if you
didn't even try. What you would "counter" does not matter unless that's
what the law allows. Again - unless you actually know about these things,
what you think is irrelevant.

It depends on your standard I guess. I passed a course on business law,
which included a lot about contracts. I'll be my own judge of whether
what I think is irrelevant, TYVM! : )

Bill