Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window Opinions (Silverline, Peachtree, Thermastar)

I am looking at either ...

1) Silverline 3000 Series vinyl (the same as Home Depot's American Craftsman
3000 series)

2) Peachtree 300 Series vinyl-clad

3) Thermastar vinyl from Lowes

Does anyone have experience with these new construction windows? I am
leaning towards the vinyl-clad because they look more solid and better
built. However, the Silverline has a lot of weather-stripping that I like
also. Opionions and facts are welcome! Thanks.

--

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Saucer Man" writes:

I am looking at either ...

1) Silverline 3000 Series vinyl (the same as Home Depot's American Craftsman
3000 series)

2) Peachtree 300 Series vinyl-clad

3) Thermastar vinyl from Lowes

Does anyone have experience with these new construction windows? I am
leaning towards the vinyl-clad because they look more solid and better
built. However, the Silverline has a lot of weather-stripping that I like
also. Opionions and facts are welcome! Thanks.

I have a Silverline garden window.
I can't compare it to any other garden window
but I can say something about the warranty service.

All in all, I love the window. The appearance is good and it
doesn't let any cold in. After the second winter 2 of the panes
cracked. I can't explain why, they weren't hit by anything and
the window looks like it was mounted correctly.

Silverline has a lifetime warranty on the windows.
For a fee they will send out someone to replace the panes.
All you pay for is labor. I opted to do the replacements
myself so it didn't cost me a cent.

One of the broken panes was operable so replacing that was
a breeze. The other was a fixed pane. Silverline explained
the procedure and I was impressed with the way the window
was put together. It was few hours work but now the window
is as good as new. A few years have passed with no further
problems.

I love vinyl windows and I'm always impressed when a
company stands behind it's product.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the info. My current windows are leaking air so the company is
going to pay for replacements and installation. I am still leaning towards
the vinyl-clad Peachtree but it is not set in stone yet.

--

Thanks.

Silverline tools Scabbydug UK diy 11 July 15th 07 09:18 PM
Pella Thermastar vs. Jen-Weld Windows [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 30th 06 03:09 AM
Pella Thermastar Vinyl Windows vs. Jeld-Wen Vinyl Windows [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 29th 06 12:38 AM
opinions wanted about window proportion stasya Home Repair 0 May 24th 06 02:49 AM
"Silverline" tools - any good? Cicero UK diy 20 March 6th 06 07:24 PM