Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Peachtree Woodworking = Cheaptree

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:22:45 -0500, Bill wrote:

Yes. I never claimed to be an attorney--but I wouldn't assess my
thoughts about the matter as value-less like you did. I think that the
extension of the delivery date from 8 weeks to 150 days would have given
me a basis to return the product if I wanted to. I believe they broke
the contract, by not delivering by the date they originally provided.

Ah, no you'd lose that one. You bought a product and they delivered.
They offered a "free" extra and they were late. They also notified
you. The freebies may have been delayed by the Japan tsunami or rough
seas in China, but you got the product you paid for.

I expect they knew how many batteries they had when they made the
promotion (and my rebate coupon was sent in on the "just-started" end of
it). If they screw up the Bosch brand name, they can just create a new
one. We are a nation of laws, that's for sure. We are, for better or
worse, a nation of law-breakers too!

No law broken here. You are right, they probably did have some idea
of how many they would need, but in real life, **** happens. Ever
work in a manufacturing environment with many machines, supplies and
support equipment? Sometimes things go wrong no matter how well
planned.