Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:42:54 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Losing even 10% of our aquifers would be disastrous to the country.

The way they're fracking everywhere now, it's just a matter of time.

Fracking is even worse than siting a locomotive fueling facility right on
top of the aquifer that supplies water to all of Spokane. Despite the
assurances from BNSF that it was safe, it leaked almost as soon as it
opened. Luckily that leak was caught before it reached the aquifer. I'm
waiting for the next one.

BTW, there were other sites available. The one over the aquifer just
happened to be the cheapest.

Here's some history - the earliest articles are at the end:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news/...=BNSF%20depot/
Spokane%20Valley%20aquifer

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 23:19:26 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:42:54 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Losing even 10% of our aquifers would be disastrous to the country.

The way they're fracking everywhere now, it's just a matter of time.

Fracking is even worse than siting a locomotive fueling facility right on
top of the aquifer that supplies water to all of Spokane. Despite the
assurances from BNSF that it was safe, it leaked almost as soon as it
opened. Luckily that leak was caught before it reached the aquifer. I'm
waiting for the next one.

BTW, there were other sites available. The one over the aquifer just
happened to be the cheapest.

Here's some history - the earliest articles are at the end:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news/...=BNSF%20depot/
Spokane%20Valley%20aquifer

I finally got that to work by inserting spaces for the %20s.
Then every link on the page gave a database error code. Wunnerful
site, that SpokesmanReview.com.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Warm Enough

Good analogy! I was thinking the same thing.

----
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
By that logic a tenth of an ounce of black paint on your windhshield
won't have any effect on your driving. Try it sometime and let us know
how it works out for you.
Sorry, but he's right, you're showing collossal ignorance here. I
personally think that the anthropogenic part of AGW is a crock, but the
effect of CO2 on energy balance is fairly well understood. If you're
going to argue climate, learn something about it first.

---------
In article ,
says...

Scott Lurndal wrote:

This statement shows astounding ignorance about the carbon cycle
and the reasons that CO2 has risen from 230ppm to 400ppm in the
last century and a half. I'll give you a hint - the CO2 you
exhale
is not CO2 that has been sequestered for millions of years in
geologic coal or oil formations. Same applies to cow farts.

So long as the system is in equilibrium, i.e. no carbon is being
added to the system, the CO2 fraction in the atmosphere won't
change,
no matter how many people exhale, since the carbon they're exhaling
was recently (within a year or two) in the atmosphere (taken up by
plants, fed to cows, and eaten as hamburgers, then exhaled).

Have you actually worked out how much 400 parts per million
represents?

A penny weighs 2.5 grams. One million pennies weighs 2.5 million
grams, or
about two and a quarter TONS. Four hundred pennies comes in at about
two and
a quarter POUNDS.

This ratio is about equivalent to the weight of a coat of paint on a
big
diesel engine.

Asserting that a CO2 concentration of 400ppm affects the atmosphere
is
exactly equivalent to claiming the coat of paint on a engine affects
the
engine's performance.

By that logic a tenth of an ounce of black paint on your windhshield
won't have any effect on your driving. Try it sometime and let us know
how it works out for you.

Sorry, but he's right, you're showing collossal ignorance here. I
personally think that the anthropogenic part of AGW is a crock, but the
effect of CO2 on energy balance is fairly well understood. If you're
going to argue climate, learn something about it first.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The 10 ounce pint is the one we all know and love.

-----

"Leon" wrote in message

And exactly why we should ditch the metric system. Pints, quarts,
gallons. No mistaking those. ;~)

Hey Scott, I am not serious, OK buddy?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:02:44 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

I finally got that to work by inserting spaces for the %20s. Then every
link on the page gave a database error code. Wunnerful site, that
SpokesmanReview.com.

Hmmm. I clicked on it in your response and it went right to the site.
But the site said "no articles found". Guess I'd have to agree with your
opinion of them. But I guess we're lucky to have any newspaper at all.
The way it keeps getting worse over the last few years I suspect we may
not have one for too many years. They just upped our rate by 75 cents a
month to pay for "online news". If I wanted online news I wouldn't need
them at all.

I found another article from the Seattle paper - see if it works better.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?
date=20041223&slug=oil23m

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/4/2012 10:53 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Thank God Al Gore forced us all to use CFL's so now we'll get less
exposure to mercury.
+1

Why is it that people who want to erode others liberties can blindly
trust the public to act responsibly when it supports their agenda, but
not when it comes to things they don't like, such as guns, fatty/sugary
foods, and my "carbon footprint?"
+1

Your only error was in listening to news reports.
+2

KRW wrote:
There is a difference between "warning" and "lying". A scientist should
know this difference. Don't you agree?
+1

Nah, the left doesn't want to solve anything. If a problem gets solved,
it can't be taxed.
+1

Larry Wrote:
A now infamous institution, they were caught with their pants down in
an attempt to defraud the public and, probably, to secure more funding
as a result. It was agenda-based, not science-based. IMO, there is
no worse crime a scientist can commit, against the public, against
himself, and against science. Algore is such a criminal. He openly
stated that he had to fudge the results "to get people to listen, and
to act."

I spit on their grandmothers' shadows.
+2

Leon wrote:
You are using sensationalized data.
+1

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

--
Jack
Got Change: Global Warming ====== Global Fraud!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 17:58:02 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:02:44 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

I finally got that to work by inserting spaces for the %20s. Then every
link on the page gave a database error code. Wunnerful site, that
SpokesmanReview.com.

Hmmm. I clicked on it in your response and it went right to the site.
But the site said "no articles found". Guess I'd have to agree with your
opinion of them. But I guess we're lucky to have any newspaper at all.
The way it keeps getting worse over the last few years I suspect we may
not have one for too many years. They just upped our rate by 75 cents a
month to pay for "online news". If I wanted online news I wouldn't need
them at all.

I found another article from the Seattle paper - see if it works better.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?
date=20041223&slug=oil23m

I wonder what happened to links remaining intact when enclosed in LT &
GT brackets. I pasted the remainder on and it worked.

What idiot approved that depot's environmental impact study? Something
like that's pretty hard to miss, even by a newbie.
Or was it typical, a gov't bribe to overlook?

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
You are using sensationalized data.
+1

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

I guess 4th is better than last! ;~)

Yeah Scott, I know it looks like 4th is last. OK Buddy?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/12 2:03 PM, Jack wrote:

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

Well that doesn't happen very often. What's my prize? :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:35:03 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

What idiot approved that depot's environmental impact study? Something
like that's pretty hard to miss, even by a newbie. Or was it typical, a
gov't bribe to overlook?

Let's just say the county commissioners were pretty unpopular after
that. IIRC, one or two didn't survive the next election - but that
didn't get rid of the place. It's still there, about 10 miles due east
of me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 23:47:55 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:35:03 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

What idiot approved that depot's environmental impact study? Something
like that's pretty hard to miss, even by a newbie. Or was it typical, a
gov't bribe to overlook?

Let's just say the county commissioners were pretty unpopular after
that. IIRC, one or two didn't survive the next election - but that
didn't get rid of the place. It's still there, about 10 miles due east
of me.

What about the illegal study, or the missing study, or the legal guys
who should have known better? Didn't other heads roll? Commissioners
usually aren't the buck stoppers.

Swingy, you are/were a builder. Who are the culprits here? I work
mostly county, where permits aren't usually necessary. What's the
chain for EIRs? Or is that a residential v. commercial issue, which
you, too, don't deal in?

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 7:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/7/12 2:03 PM, Jack wrote:

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

Well that doesn't happen very often. What's my prize? :-)

Not decided yet, but it's somewhere between a drone killing noble peace
prize and and AlGore T-Shirt. The T-Shirt may have some value in
applying shellac to a lathe turning, so if I get you one, I might just
keep it myself. Meanwhile, keep up the good work:-)

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
You are using sensationalized data.
+1

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

I guess 4th is better than last! ;~)

Yeah Scott, I know it looks like 4th is last. OK Buddy?

I didn't list the fractional points, and certainly not the negative
points. Only the ones that tickled my senses in a good way, that I
could recall. I may have cheated KRW out of a point by only giving him
one point for the left not being able to tax solved problems, that, in
retrospect was worth two, but sorry, too late now, the count is in:-)

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:14:20 -0400, Jack wrote:

Leon wrote:
You are using sensationalized data.
+1

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

I guess 4th is better than last! ;~)

Yeah Scott, I know it looks like 4th is last. OK Buddy?

I didn't list the fractional points, and certainly not the negative
points. Only the ones that tickled my senses in a good way, that I
could recall. I may have cheated KRW out of a point by only giving him
one point for the left not being able to tax solved problems, that, in
retrospect was worth two, but sorry, too late now, the count is in:-)

You wouldn't happen to live in Chicago, would you? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:08:03 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

What about the illegal study, or the missing study, or the legal guys
who should have known better? Didn't other heads roll? Commissioners
usually aren't the buck stoppers.

I found this:

http://www.waterplanet.ws/documents/020700/#editorial

Seems the commissioners had the final say.

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:14:20 -0400, Jack wrote:

I didn't list the fractional points, and certainly not the negative
points. Only the ones that tickled my senses in a good way, that I
could recall. I may have cheated KRW out of a point by only giving
him one point for the left not being able to tax solved problems,
that, in retrospect was worth two, but sorry, too late now, the count
is in:-)

You wouldn't happen to live in Chicago, would you? ;-)

Florida? (Asking for recounts.)

Did KRW's ballot have any hanging chads?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 09 Jul 2012 19:24:08 GMT, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

" wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:14:20 -0400, Jack wrote:

I didn't list the fractional points, and certainly not the negative
points. Only the ones that tickled my senses in a good way, that I
could recall. I may have cheated KRW out of a point by only giving
him one point for the left not being able to tax solved problems,
that, in retrospect was worth two, but sorry, too late now, the count
is in:-)

You wouldn't happen to live in Chicago, would you? ;-)

Florida? (Asking for recounts.)

Did KRW's ballot have any hanging chads?

Who me? Nope, I'm not in Florida. We use the optical scanners. I suppose we
could have problem with pregnant smudges. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 3:24 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
z wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:14:20 -0400, wrote:

I didn't list the fractional points, and certainly not the negative
points. Only the ones that tickled my senses in a good way, that I
could recall. I may have cheated KRW out of a point by only giving
him one point for the left not being able to tax solved problems,
that, in retrospect was worth two, but sorry, too late now, the count
is in:-)

You wouldn't happen to live in Chicago, would you? ;-)

Florida? (Asking for recounts.)

Did KRW's ballot have any hanging chads?

Yeah, I was trying to punch out 10 at a time and the cheap ass machine
was leaving them hanging and dimpled.

It's not easy being a demorat!

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Interesting

Lew
-------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/7t2gre2

Posted to rec.woodworking

in 1533034 20120716 070515 "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Interesting

Lew
-------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/7t2gre2

Record high temperatures in Britain?
What is he on?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/16/2012 1:43 AM, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1533034 20120716 070515 "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Interesting

Lew
-------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/7t2gre2

Record high temperatures in Britain?
What is he on?

How about the below averages we have been having in Houston since the 4th.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bob Martin" wrote:

Record high temperatures in Britain?
What is he on?

-----------------------------------
Confusing rain drops with sunshine maybe?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 7/16/2012 1:43 AM, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1533034 20120716 070515 "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:
Interesting

Lew
-------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/7t2gre2

Record high temperatures in Britain?
What is he on?

How about the below averages we have been having in Houston since the
4th.

thats Bushs fault

Warm at last Mike Stanford Woodworking 4 October 27th 11 01:06 PM
Warm Air Heator [email protected] UK diy 5 January 4th 08 10:17 AM
trying to get warm bizee Home Repair 7 November 19th 06 05:00 PM
A Warm Fuzzy J T Woodworking 14 November 4th 06 10:17 PM
Radiators warm using when only using DWH Gavin UK diy 0 October 22nd 06 03:35 PM