Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:42:54 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Losing even 10% of our aquifers would be disastrous to the country.

The way they're fracking everywhere now, it's just a matter of time.

Fracking is even worse than siting a locomotive fueling facility right on
top of the aquifer that supplies water to all of Spokane. Despite the
assurances from BNSF that it was safe, it leaked almost as soon as it
opened. Luckily that leak was caught before it reached the aquifer. I'm
waiting for the next one.

BTW, there were other sites available. The one over the aquifer just
happened to be the cheapest.

Here's some history - the earliest articles are at the end:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news/...=BNSF%20depot/
Spokane%20Valley%20aquifer