Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Warm at last

Most of my woodworking over the last 10 years or so has been between
April/May to Sept/Oct time because the workshop got so bloody cold. I did
try a calor gas heater one year but buying gas every week or so got
expensive, another year I tried an electric oil-filled radiator to warm the
place up a bit, but a £600+ bill in the following March put paid to that.

This year I've got a wood burner made from an old gas bottle and some old 4
inch cast-iron drainpipe for the flu. I've just finished installing it and
been testing it out. It warms up the shop (small 26 x 10) within 1/2 an hour
or so. I am so gonna have some quality time out there this winter and yeah I
do have a BIG scrap wood pile to keep it going.

Yours nice & warm
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 26, 9:21*pm, "Mike Stanford" wrote:

This year I've got a wood burner made from an old gas bottle and some old 4
inch cast-iron drainpipe for the flu.

Have you put any insulation in your shed? My garage is basically open
to the elements. It needs attention. It ain't fun working in a room
with a gale blowing through!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/26/2011 04:13 PM, David Paste wrote:
On Oct 26, 9:21 pm, "Mike wrote:

This year I've got a wood burner made from an old gas bottle and some old 4
inch cast-iron drainpipe for the flu.

Have you put any insulation in your shed? My garage is basically open
to the elements. It needs attention. It ain't fun working in a room
with a gale blowing through!

Cool at last!

We're finally down into the 80's in the AZ desert.

--
"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame somebody else." -John Burroughs
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Stanford" wrote:

Most of my woodworking over the last 10 years or so has been between
April/May to Sept/Oct time because the workshop got so bloody cold.

-------------------------------
I hear you.

At one time I considered anything below 50F unfit for human
habitation.

These days 60F is more like it.

Have fun and stay toasty.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:52:44 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Mike Stanford" wrote:

Most of my woodworking over the last 10 years or so has been between
April/May to Sept/Oct time because the workshop got so bloody cold.

-------------------------------
I hear you.

At one time I considered anything below 50F unfit for human
habitation.

These days 60F is more like it.

Have fun and stay toasty.

Lew

Snow in the local forecast for tonight. :-(
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

A Warm Fuzzy J T Woodworking 2 July 7th 07 06:57 AM
trying to get warm bizee Home Repair 7 November 19th 06 05:00 PM
Radiators warm using when only using DWH Gavin UK diy 0 October 22nd 06 03:35 PM
New A/C blowing warm ameijers Home Repair 8 June 26th 06 05:03 PM
Cold? Warm? Hot? All of them! Javier Home Ownership 1 April 11th 06 04:40 PM