Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Stanford Mike Stanford is offline

Default Warm at last

Most of my woodworking over the last 10 years or so has been between
April/May to Sept/Oct time because the workshop got so bloody cold. I did
try a calor gas heater one year but buying gas every week or so got
expensive, another year I tried an electric oil-filled radiator to warm the
place up a bit, but a £600+ bill in the following March put paid to that.

This year I've got a wood burner made from an old gas bottle and some old 4
inch cast-iron drainpipe for the flu. I've just finished installing it and
been testing it out. It warms up the shop (small 26 x 10) within 1/2 an hour
or so. I am so gonna have some quality time out there this winter and yeah I
do have a BIG scrap wood pile to keep it going.

Yours nice & warm
Mike