Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default A Warm Fuzzy

I consider this a warm fuzzy, because I'm not getting enough to make
it a gloat. Mini gloat possibly, but actual gloat, no.

Dropped by the older son's pce yesterday, with a can of wood
sealer. He does A/C work and some hardwood floor installer had left 4
or 5 unopened bundles of new hardwood flooring at one of the newhome job
sites, and just abandoned it. I understand things like that happen
pretty frequently. I'd go beck for it myself, or never leave it in the
first place; but apparently a lot of them just don't bother. So, it was
just about to go into a cleanup bonfire, when my son chanced by and
grabbed it.

It's white oak, all about 2.5" wide, maybe 2' long, not premium
stuff, not quite smooth enugh to just put in and not sand, but quite
decent. There wasn't quite enough to do his front room, which is not
huge, so he's using sme for another project, and he's gonna give me
what's left. Which should be about a bundle worth. Not sure yet just
what I'll use it for, but a nice chess board immediately comes to mind.
In fact, a nice silhouette chess set would be very doable too, with
maybe a set of checkers, and/or a domino set. Free wood is always
popular wood. The Woodworking Gods consider this a quite suitable
sacrifice for them.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

.... some hardwood floor installer had left 4 or 5 unopened bundles of new hardwood flooring ...

It's white oak, all about 2.5" wide, maybe 2' long, not premium stuff,..... Not sure yet just what I'll use it for ...

I've used oak flooring for along-the-wall benchtops in my shop. It's
nailed to a 3/4" MDO (could be plywood instead) base, sanded, and
varnished.

I've also used "Brazilian Cherry" the same way for a cheap, but
attractive computer desk top.

Joel

Fuzzy TV picture [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 May 13th 07 12:23 PM
A Warm Fuzzy J T Woodworking 14 November 4th 06 10:17 PM
Warm and Fuzzy . . . . . Phil Laird Woodworking 8 September 2nd 05 12:01 PM
Book Warm Fuzzy J T Woodworking 6 March 9th 05 06:35 AM