Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sold on Zinsser BIN !!!!!

Used it today on a customers kitchen cabinets and I won't buy any other
Primer for wood again. It took a little getting use to because its so thin
right out of the can. Had a few runs but after adjusting the gun, couldn't
believe how easy this stuff flowed. It dried fast and the finish was smooth
as glass. I doubt I'll even have to sand it, its sooooo smooth!!! I'm
SOLD!!!

The questing now is. How does this stuff sand? Have to sand out the few runs
I had.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

http://rentmyhusband.biz/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 23, 7:56*pm, Rich wrote:

The questing now is. How does this stuff sand? Have to sand out the few runs
I had.

That's my favorite primer. I have used it on many, many projects and
it never fails to perform. I dries fast enough that I don't get nibs,
and if I put on the right amount I agree with you; it dries smooth as
a baby's butt.

And two coats... it is almost like cheating.

It is soft, though. If I sand it, I use 320g on it. I have found
that 220g leaves witness marks from the paper, no matter how careful I
am. But I will say this; if it goes on well and the surfaces stay
clean, I don't sand at all. Just lay down the finish after it dries
(I give it an hour).

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:06:04 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 23, 7:56Â*pm, Rich wrote:

The questing now is. How does this stuff sand? Have to sand out the few runs
I had.

That's my favorite primer. I have used it on many, many projects and
it never fails to perform. I dries fast enough that I don't get nibs,
and if I put on the right amount I agree with you; it dries smooth as
a baby's butt.

Do you shoot it or brush it? I've only used it once in a 55F house
and didn't have much luck in brushing it. Do you thin it to brush?

And two coats... it is almost like cheating.

It is soft, though. If I sand it, I use 320g on it. I have found
that 220g leaves witness marks from the paper, no matter how careful I
am. But I will say this; if it goes on well and the surfaces stay
clean, I don't sand at all. Just lay down the finish after it dries
(I give it an hour).

I prefer the finer paper, too. 320 or 400 between coats.

--
You are today where your thoughts have brought you;
you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 24, 7:40*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Do you shoot it or brush it? *I've only used it once in a 55F house
and didn't have much luck in brushing it. *Do you thin it to brush?

I always spray it. One of the neat features about it is that you don't
need to thin when using a 1.4 tip. I have shot that stuff when the
temps were in the 50s and when it is in the 90s, and it behaves just
the same.

I shoot it out of a cheap, HVLP/CAS gun with a 20 oz cup on top, and
that is the gun's only job. I don't do anything else with that gun.

I have tried brushing the BIN, and when in a pinch or working on
something small, I use it from the can unthinned. It still works
pretty damn well.

When I brush/roll a primer, I go back to Sherwin Williams Pro Block
line. It rolls well, brushes well, and dries soft so you can sand
easily. You can't spray this stuff as it has a small amount of filler
(either quartzite or some kind of glass) in it that makes it perfect
for stain blocking and filling small imperfections. It will jam your
guns immediately.

I prefer the finer paper, too. 320 or 400 between coats.

Those softer substrates seem to prefer those higher grits. I don't
ever sand wood beyond 220g as I have seen enough from my finishing
brethren to agree that beyond that you can lessen adhesion. But
everything sticks to BIN quite well, so I am more interested in
whether a poor surface will reflect back through my finish.

BIN has been around for ages. And like DEFT brand lacquer, it has
been around under our noses so long we forget how good that stuff
really is at turning out a great product.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 24, 10:17*am, "
wrote:

BIN has been around for ages. *And like DEFT brand lacquer, it has
been around under our noses so long we forget how good that stuff
really is at turning out a great product.

I might as well forget everything I learned about finishing.
The sign requirements are vastly different.
Good thing I still get to use the techniques I learned over the last
40 years.
But the material choices are all new to me. Some make sense, so don't.
Hot/cold/wet/dry/UV on new (to me) substrates...
My trusty BIN's and Defts aren't recommended for those conditions. I
used a LOT of Deft on countertop wooden edges...
I have to think more like automotive.
S'all good though.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:06:04 -0700, wrote:

It is soft, though. If I sand it, I use 320g on it.

You'll also get it building up on the sandpaper if you don't sand
extremely lightly.

BIN is shellac based. It may look and feel dry after an hour, but it
isn't. I usually wait at least over the weekend before I do any sanding
of shellac. The longer you can wait the better. It's been said that
shellac just keeps getting harder forever.

BIN is a three pound cut of shellac pigmented with titanium dioxide and
some silicates. Normally, brushing unpigmented shellac is done with an
approximately 1.5 pound cut (made from diluting 3 lb shellac with an equal
volume of alcohol) but once you have enough experience, you can use the
three pound cut as is. I suspect the BIN that comes in spray cans is less
than a three pound cut.

Shellac is an evaporative finish. That means once the solvent
evaporates, the resulting film will not get any harder. It typically takes
two hours to be sure that all the alcohol has evaporated from BIN. That's
the beauty of using it. A topcoat can be applied about two hours after the
BIN goes on. I would like to know who told you that shellac keeps getting
harder forever. If it is taking significantly longer than two hours, the
BIN may have gone bad as old shellac typically does. It becomes gummy, will
not "dry" completely, and clogs sandpaper very easily.

Good Luck

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:39:37 -0400, Baron wrote:

Shellac is an evaporative finish. That means once the solvent
evaporates, the resulting film will not get any harder. It typically
takes two hours to be sure that all the alcohol has evaporated from BIN.
That's the beauty of using it. A topcoat can be applied about two hours
after the BIN goes on. I would like to know who told you that shellac
keeps getting harder forever.

Take a look at this site:

http://www.woodturnerruss.com/FSOriginal9.html

and skip down to "The Final Touch" heading.

Unfortunately, Russ died a few months ago. I was surprised to see his
site still up. He was a great woodturner (look at Gallery 1 and gallery
2 on the site)and a great teacher. He will be missed. I've never found
anything he said to be untrue.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:39:37 -0400, Baron wrote:

Shellac is an evaporative finish. That means once the solvent
evaporates, the resulting film will not get any harder. It typically
takes two hours to be sure that all the alcohol has evaporated from BIN.
That's the beauty of using it. A topcoat can be applied about two hours
after the BIN goes on. I would like to know who told you that shellac
keeps getting harder forever.

Take a look at this site:

http://www.woodturnerruss.com/FSOriginal9.html

and skip down to "The Final Touch" heading.

Unfortunately, Russ died a few months ago. I was surprised to see his
site still up. He was a great woodturner (look at Gallery 1 and gallery
2 on the site)and a great teacher. He will be missed. I've never found
anything he said to be untrue.

The fellow is not applying just shellac or pigmented shallac as in the
case of BIN. He is french polishing using a mixture of a drying oil
(linseed) and a non-drying oil (mineral oil). While the mineral oil can be
"spirited off" at the end, the linseed oil is not and continues to cure and
makes for a soft film until completely cured. Linseed oil, "boiled" or not,
takes quite some time to fully cure.
Interesting site, though.

Good Luck

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:08:17 -0400, Baron wrote:

The fellow is not applying just shellac or pigmented shallac as in
the
case of BIN. He is french polishing using a mixture of a drying oil
(linseed) and a non-drying oil (mineral oil). While the mineral oil can
be "spirited off" at the end, the linseed oil is not and continues to
cure and makes for a soft film until completely cured. Linseed oil,
"boiled" or not, takes quite some time to fully cure.

He is *not* using a mixture. Read more carefully:

"For my own finishing, I have never been able to decide between mineral
oil, which doesn't, or linseed oil, which does. So, I use both. Which one
depends on my mood at the time. Sometimes I give up and use Mystery Oil
just to prove to myself that it really doesn't matter."

And his comment on hardening applies to shellac in general, not just the
French Polish technique. Again read:

"Shellac will continue to dry and harden for several years, depending on
the environment, but a couple weeks is usually sufficient for normal
handling and polishing."

And I know he meant that to be shellac in general because he has said so.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:imihno$sg3$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

"Shellac will continue to dry and harden for several years, depending on
the environment, but a couple weeks is usually sufficient for normal
handling and polishing."

And I know he meant that to be shellac in general because he has said so.

(Not an expert by any means, but my 2¢, free of charge):
In my experience, thin layers of shellac dry to "hard" almost within 10
minutes. After some more time, it may eventually become "rock-hard".

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rich" wrote in message
Used it today on a customers kitchen cabinets and I won't
buy any other
Primer for wood again. It took a little getting use to
because its so thin
right out of the can. Had a few runs but after adjusting
the gun, couldn't
believe how easy this stuff flowed. It dried fast and the
finish was smooth
as glass. I doubt I'll even have to sand it, its sooooo
smooth!!! I'm
SOLD!!!

The questing now is. How does this stuff sand? Have to
sand out the few runs
I had.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

http://rentmyhusband.biz/

You guys cover your projects in... bug juice...what's next,
milk paint, ambergis?
It would make a whale gag.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...ian-lac-insect

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in
m:

You guys cover your projects in... bug juice...what's next,
milk paint, ambergis?
It would make a whale gag.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...ian-lac-insect

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

bug juice works for me. Ambergris would be too strong, I think:

Wikipedia:
Ambergris (Ambra grisea, Ambre gris, ambergrease, or grey amber) is a
solid, waxy, flammable substance of a dull gray or blackish color
produced in the digestive system of and regurgitated or excreted by sperm
whales.

Freshly produced ambergris has a marine, fecal odor. However, as it ages,
it acquires a sweet, earthy scent commonly likened to the fragrance of
rubbing alcohol without the vaporous chemical astringency. The principal
historical use of ambergris was as a fixative in perfumery, though it has
now been largely displaced by synthetics.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
"Edward Hennessey" wrote in
m:

[...]

Please short me on the guest list when you have the boys
over for a few of them "bug juices". If your wife comes out
in
pearls, you just might see some of that ambergris appear
live
from a source not accounted by that fancy knowledge.

Fur coats are O.K. though. That shows you're
a mighty hunter and traditional provider. Just no more
jumping on the beasts from the trees in that picture of your
village
I saw. It's kind of sneaky and riding the beast before you
finish
him seems, well, just a tad disrespectful. Tough on the
legs, too.
But if you ever get a video up, holler.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edward Hennessey" writes:

Please short me on the guest list when you have the boys
over for a few of them "bug juices".

You better avoid M&M's then. They're coated with bug-juice.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
.. .
"Edward Hennessey" writes:

Please short me on the guest list when you have the boys
over for a few of them "bug juices".

You better avoid M&M's then. They're coated with
bug-juice.

scott

SL:

I'm just joshing with Han. The "bug juice" primarily
intended was that mystery concoction poured out
at summer camp.

Is it the cochineal insect (mealy bug) that makes
the red M&Ms special?

There is an "Insect Fair" here every year with an
assortment of edible six-legs on the menu. In
Vietnam there is a tasty moth attracted to the same
campfires which serve as fast-food outlets for the
humans sitting around. Roasted beetles distinctive
for their nutty flavor are a roadside standard in Thailand.
Witchetty grubs are famous native fare in the Australian
interior. Eating bugs is natural. But that thoseWicthetty
grubs look a bit much like Jabba The Hutt wouldn't
help them with Star Wars fans here.

I don't know if the switch to synthetic alternatives
has killed the ambergris market but I do know that if not,
a large lump can be worth well into the six figures no
matter
the original fragrance alerting the beachcomber's
nose.

BTW, the bug responsible for shellac derived the name
"Lac" from the word for "hundred thousand", it taking
300,000
individuals to yield a kilogram of shellac.

Here's a comment on the insect's use of its protective
coating which may have bearing on the hardness discussion:

When it has fixed its position and inserted its probocis
into the trees it secretes a protective coating consisting
of a dark red chitinous scale and a yellow to reddish resin
called the lac resin. The insects mature under the
protective covering of the resin which becomes hard. Wax
glands near the vital pores - the oval region, the breathing
pores and the anal pore keep them open by secreting wax
filaments.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in
m:

I'm just joshing with Han. The "bug juice" primarily
intended was that mystery concoction poured out
at summer camp.

I never went to summer camp in the States. Now it's time for my grandkids
to go to summercamp. Hence my silent wondering at your statements, Edward
- I forgot about that meaning of bug juice so sorry. NOW I understand
what you meant.

Btw, I met my wife of almost 44 years in summercamp during the summer
before our senior year in high school, so summer camp has very good
memories for me.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/26/2011 6:53 AM, Han wrote:

Btw, I met my wife of almost 44 years in summercamp during the summer
before our senior year in high school, so summer camp has very good
memories for me.

"Hello muddah, hello faddah" ... thought all this time that was just a
"figment of imagination" song.

Went to a wedding, with a "summer camp" theme, in Fredericksburg, TX
last weekend. The couple met in a Jewish summer camp in the Texas hill
country some fifteen years ago. The rehearsal dinner on Saturday evening
was MC'ed by their camp counselor at the time, and the dress was "summer
camp casual".

They served "smore's" (?) ... apparently a staple of summer camp cuisine
and something I'd never heard of, not having ever gone to a "camp" as a
kid, except to hunt or fish.

It was a hoot, in the expected juvenile sort of way ... but they did
enjoy that shellac'ed table ... to wander back on topic.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edward Hennessey" writes:

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
. ..
"Edward Hennessey" writes:

Please short me on the guest list when you have the boys
over for a few of them "bug juices".

You better avoid M&M's then. They're coated with
bug-juice.

scott

SL:

I'm just joshing with Han. The "bug juice" primarily
intended was that mystery concoction poured out
at summer camp.

Common in navy wardrooms, too, IIRC.

scott

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 25, 2:16*pm, Han wrote:
Larry Blanchard wrote in news:imihno$sg3$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

"Shellac will continue to dry and harden for several years, depending on
the environment, but a couple weeks is usually sufficient for normal
handling and polishing."

And I know he meant that to be shellac in general because he has said so.

(Not an expert by any means, but my 2¢, free of charge):
In my experience, thin layers of shellac dry to "hard" almost within 10
minutes. *After some more time, it may eventually become "rock-hard".

Dry to the touch in one second if you're French polishing,
two hour wait between sessions is enough to prevent
ridging.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 25, 9:08*am, "Baron" wrote:
[...]

Good Luck- Hide quoted text -

A final polish with swirl remover a week after letting the
shellac cure saves you the spiriting off step and won't
burn through due to momentarily not paying attention.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Mar 2011 19:46:55 GMT, Han wrote:

Swingman wrote in news:TeydnT-
:

but they did enjoy that shellac'ed table ... to wander back on topic.

I would have advised them to enjoy it too, it's gorgeous ... Maybe I'll
use the idea and the "Karl Caillouet MissionHallTable.skp" file I
downloaded from you, although it isn't the style my wife is most enamoured
of. Tough ...

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission, but then in light
wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally affected whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Mar 2011 23:37:36 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission, but then in light
wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally affected whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish
modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks
back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission,
but then in light
wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally
affected whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

OH:

It makes a catchy acronym: SAD. My memory for the articles
seen on this is sketchy but therapeutic high points that did
stick
were exposure to polarized light, vitamin D and vigorous
excercise
before the first meal of the day. Control experiments on the
last
point associated the practice with weight control benefits
significantly
more impressive than excercise at other times.

Whether any of these approaches have been debunked,
sustained
or superceded by alternatives will arise in your inquiry.

Maybe you could teach her woodworking....

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message ...
On 26 Mar 2011 23:37:36 GMT, Han
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
m:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish
modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks
back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission,
but then in light
wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally
affected whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches
his head.)

LJ:

Seems to me the ladies are often on a mission...of
contradiction.
See, you're already verging on traction alopecia getting it
second
hand.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Epictetus?!? Try Seneca.
No, he's not a pharmaceutical. That's Astroseneca. Or
something close to it.
He's the guy who makes you see starz.

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:01:04 -0700, Edward Hennessey wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 26 Mar 2011 23:37:36 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission, but then in
light
wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally affected
whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

LJ:

Seems to me the ladies are often on a mission...of contradiction.
See, you're already verging on traction alopecia getting it second
hand.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

oh hell, Ed, Han, and LJ,
I can usually follow a conversation, but after drinking a quart of
potent muscadine wine and listening to the entire "OH brother,
where art thou" sound track, you three have confused the hell
out of me, possibly I'll try again in the morning and it will all make
sense, (Not).

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

I went through the same back and forth motions, Larry ...
I love her, but sometimes can't follow her reasoning. Now off to Mohonk
for lunch ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

basilisk wrote in news:C8Ajp.710337$Ua4.666182@en-
nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com:

possibly I'll try again in the morning and it will all make sense,

There is no need when love is part of the equation.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

[...]

In our case, it never was too bad, and further medical discussion is not
appropriate. Suffice it to say that it /can/ be very bad, and indeed
exposure to intense light of rather low wavelengths helps a lot. But who
really has time for a half hour or more each morning just sitting in a
"tanning booth"-like environment?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:57:38 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Mar 26, 9:40Â*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On 26 Mar 2011 23:37:36 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Â*Danish modern? Â*I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission, but then in light
wood. Â*Let there be light, especially for the seasonally affected whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

Oh, so get her a lamp and build whatever you want, Han. snort
http://goo.gl/djmDC or http://goo.gl/oyeyo

Or Manhattan Dollars: http://goo.gl/R7YUB or http://goo.gl/XBi98

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

Metropolitan.

Yeah, those metropolitans can be a tough audience, wot?

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:01:04 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message ...
On 26 Mar 2011 23:37:36 GMT, Han
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish
modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks
back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission,
but then in light
wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally
affected whatever
disorder that she has a touch of.

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches
his head.)

LJ:

Seems to me the ladies are often on a mission...of
contradiction.
See, you're already verging on traction alopecia getting it
second
hand.

I'm proud of my hermitlike existence since it shelters me from this
type of challenge, of duality in life. Thanks for the heads-up, Ed.

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:44:02 GMT, basilisk
wrote:

[...]

Ed used the "W" word. It/they will never make sense to us. After
that, I let the "traction alopecia" float on by, unacknowledged.
Try it, you'll like it!

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Mar 2011 11:16:07 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

I went through the same back and forth motions, Larry ...
I love her, but sometimes can't follow her reasoning. Now off to Mohonk
for lunch ...

Wimmenfolk. Put up pictures and ask whether or not they like it.
Then, and only then, you build it, eh?

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Mar 2011 11:22:13 GMT, Han wrote:

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

[...]

No booth required. See my other post for portables and desktops as
well as floor models.

While you read the paper, work on your laptop, or eat breakfast?
EVERYONE HAS TIME. _Especially_ if the doctor ordered it.

P.S: I'll develop a waterproof model for the shower. I'll get rich!

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2011 12:44 AM, basilisk wrote:

a quart of potent muscadine wine and listening to the entire "OH brother where art thou" soundtrack,

A more noble pursuit can not be embarked upon ... verily.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 27 Mar 2011 11:16:07 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
m:

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

I went through the same back and forth motions, Larry ...
I love her, but sometimes can't follow her reasoning. Now off to
Mohonk for lunch ...

Wimmenfolk. Put up pictures and ask whether or not they like it.
Then, and only then, you build it, eh?

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
-- Epictetus

I like that line.
We had a great time at Mohonk - it's a grand old resort on top of a
"mountain" near New Paltz, NY. Some pictures to follow. Wood content
present but of dubious woodworker quality.

--
Best regards
Han

Which Zinsser Ben Short UK diy 11 November 24th 10 12:44 AM
Zinsser Watertite Polyurethane Sealant Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 0 June 23rd 08 02:20 AM
Zinsser Gardz Ether Jones Home Repair 0 September 17th 06 10:42 PM
Kilz Or Zinsser ? Robert11 Home Repair 3 June 14th 06 10:19 PM
Zinsser Mold Resistant Paint traderfjp Home Repair 8 March 25th 05 05:23 PM