Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Sold on Zinsser BIN !!!!!

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 27 Mar 2011 11:22:13 GMT, Han wrote:

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish
modern? I think
you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks
back.

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission,
but then in light wood. Let there be light, especially for the
seasonally affected whatever disorder that she has a touch of.

OH:

It makes a catchy acronym: SAD. My memory for the articles
seen on this is sketchy but therapeutic high points that did
stick were exposure to polarized light, vitamin D and vigorous
excercise before the first meal of the day. Control experiments on
the last point associated the practice with weight control benefits
significantly more impressive than excercise at other times.

Whether any of these approaches have been debunked, sustained
or superceded by alternatives will arise in your inquiry.

Maybe you could teach her woodworking....

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

In our case, it never was too bad, and further medical discussion is
not appropriate. Suffice it to say that it /can/ be very bad, and
indeed exposure to intense light of rather low wavelengths helps a
lot. But who really has time for a half hour or more each morning
just sitting in a "tanning booth"-like environment?

No booth required. See my other post for portables and desktops as
well as floor models.

While you read the paper, work on your laptop, or eat breakfast?
EVERYONE HAS TIME. _Especially_ if the doctor ordered it.

P.S: I'll develop a waterproof model for the shower. I'll get rich!

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.

My daughter had it worse. I built her a frame with 4 fluorescent tubes
(growlights? I don't remember) some 18 years ago. Don't know whether it
really worked, but it got her out of bed a bit earlier and contemplating
the day at college (she was away from home).

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Mar 2011 23:42:04 GMT, Han wrote:
SAD
My daughter had it worse. I built her a frame with 4 fluorescent tubes
(growlights? I don't remember) some 18 years ago. Don't know whether it
really worked, but it got her out of bed a bit earlier and contemplating
the day at college (she was away from home).

How did you filter out the UV? I didn't hear about these until about
a decade ago. http://www.northsolarscreen.com/html/fluorescent.shtml

--
If the only prayer you ever say in your whole
life is "thank you," that would suffice.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 27 Mar 2011 23:42:04 GMT, Han wrote:
SAD
My daughter had it worse. I built her a frame with 4 fluorescent tubes
(growlights? I don't remember) some 18 years ago. Don't know whether it
really worked, but it got her out of bed a bit earlier and contemplating
the day at college (she was away from home).

How did you filter out the UV? I didn't hear about these until about
a decade ago. http://www.northsolarscreen.com/html/fluorescent.shtml

--
If the only prayer you ever say in your whole
life is "thank you," that would suffice.
-- Meister Eckhart

No real UV outside the tubes I used.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:55:15 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 3/27/2011 12:44 AM, basilisk wrote:

a quart of potent muscadine wine and listening to the entire "OH
brother where art thou" soundtrack,

A more noble pursuit can not be embarked upon ... verily.

Oh, it was great until I had to up at daylight to bath and powder
dogs for visitors I had coming from Tampa, it took me a few minutes
to get up to full speed.

basilisk

Which Zinsser Ben Short UK diy 11 November 24th 10 12:44 AM
Zinsser Watertite Polyurethane Sealant Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 0 June 23rd 08 02:20 AM
Zinsser Gardz Ether Jones Home Repair 0 September 17th 06 10:42 PM
Kilz Or Zinsser ? Robert11 Home Repair 3 June 14th 06 10:19 PM
Zinsser Mold Resistant Paint traderfjp Home Repair 8 March 25th 05 05:23 PM