Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The William cooktop

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:43:29 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

FINALLY: Something which will cost -more- than a Festeringtool!
(but less than a Pagani Zonda)

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 7:43*pm, Robatoy wrote:
As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

Left me with more questions than answers. Though for that
commercial, they should have spent another $5 and at least finished
the top of the cabinets. (Hint: Look at the top of the cabinet under
the cook-top.)

Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

Pretty darn cool.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in news:b7a5c998-8d59-4536-9b5a-
:

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

I like the idea, especially since it doesn't require me to buy new cookware
such as an induction system.
Maar, potjandorie, Rob!!
Where is there more info than the Youtube video? Such as how much and
where to buy?

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2010 10:18 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:b7a5c998-8d59-4536-9b5a-
:

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

I like the idea, especially since it doesn't require me to buy new cookware
such as an induction system.
Maar, potjandorie, Rob!!
Where is there more info than the Youtube video? Such as how much and
where to buy?

It appears "concept only" at this stage of the game.

Although no self respecting coonass would cook on an electric stove,
that one did pique my interest.

After all, we do like cooking gadgets, and that appears to the Mother of
them ALL.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 29, 11:18*am, Han wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:b7a5c998-8d59-4536-9b5a-
:

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

I like the idea, especially since it doesn't require me to buy new cookware
such as an induction system. *
Maar, potjandorie, Rob!! *
Where is there more info than the Youtube video? *Such as how much and
where to buy?

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Niet zo ongeduldig! Wait 5 years and they will go the way of plasma
TV. The pricing is up against that phenomenon called: "Screw that, too
rich for my blood, a $ 500.00 unit looks just as nice and when do WE
ever need 21 different pots and pans." Or this old chestnut: "Too much
can go wrong."
Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2010 10:29 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2010 10:18 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:b7a5c998-8d59-4536-9b5a-
:

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

I like the idea, especially since it doesn't require me to buy new cookware
such as an induction system.
Maar, potjandorie, Rob!!
Where is there more info than the Youtube video? Such as how much and
where to buy?

It appears "concept only" at this stage of the game.

Although no self respecting coonass would cook on an electric stove, that one
did pique my interest.

After all, we do like cooking gadgets, and that appears to the Mother of them
ALL.

How about a similar concept, but with a honeycomb of little gas burners?
Probably be a BITCH to clean though...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2010 10:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

Agreed ... but lot's folks don't seem to blink at $3.5k these days for a
cooktop. Current kitchen job has a 48" Capital gas range being installed
that is twice that.

(I was tempted to send them the video last night to see it "The William"
might be of interest in lieu of the Capital ... I just want to play with
it.)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:03:52 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/29/2010 10:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

Agreed ... but lot's folks don't seem to blink at $3.5k these days for a
cooktop. Current kitchen job has a 48" Capital gas range being installed
that is twice that.

The range we're looking at is a bit over $2500 but it'll cost around $1000 to
get gas to it (the propane tank is on the opposite end of the house). We're
debating whether it's worth it, or just stay with an electric range, also
$2500. $3500 isn't out of sight, though I'd be afraid of its reliability
around lightning.

(I was tempted to send them the video last night to see it "The William"
might be of interest in lieu of the Capital ... I just want to play with
it.)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Steve Turner wrote in news:i5duhq$2qi$2
@news.eternal-september.org:

How about a similar concept, but with a honeycomb of little gas burners?
Probably be a BITCH to clean though...

Gas burners are self cleaning ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
news
On 8/29/2010 10:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

Agreed ... but lot's folks don't seem to blink at $3.5k these days for a
cooktop. Current kitchen job has a 48" Capital gas range being installed
that is twice that.

(I was tempted to send them the video last night to see it "The William"
might be of interest in lieu of the Capital ... I just want to play with
it.)

Go for it, Karl!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2010 11:43 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
news
On 8/29/2010 10:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

Agreed ... but lot's folks don't seem to blink at $3.5k these days for a
cooktop. Current kitchen job has a 48" Capital gas range being installed
that is twice that.

(I was tempted to send them the video last night to see it "The William"
might be of interest in lieu of the Capital ... I just want to play with
it.)

Go for it, Karl!!

LOL ... it was tempting. But, there have been too many changes on this
job already (there is a high dollar "designer" who's whims must be
appeased, despite the impossibility thereof), and the range is purchased.

AAMOF, I'm picking up the vent liner and motor blower on Monday in
preparation for building the vent hood cabinet, which is going to be a
PITA ... I HATE the idea of building a frameless Euro style cabinet
enclosing that kind of baggage, but it's all the rage, donchaknow!

It's always something ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2010 12:23 PM, Han wrote:

In 2002 we redid the kitchen (kitchenlet, since it is really small), and
the GE stove + microwave with exhaust had to be vented by going up in the
cabinet above, then through the ceiling to the outside. We never have
enough real suction there and it's noisy as hell!

I fully expect this to be the case with regard to noise, as it is
1200cfm inline blower. Wish I had a tape recording of the conversation
regarding using an exterior blower instead, which the "designer" poo
poohed.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 8/29/2010 12:23 PM, Han wrote:

In 2002 we redid the kitchen (kitchenlet, since it is really small),
and the GE stove + microwave with exhaust had to be vented by going
up in the cabinet above, then through the ceiling to the outside. We
never have enough real suction there and it's noisy as hell!

I fully expect this to be the case with regard to noise, as it is
1200cfm inline blower. Wish I had a tape recording of the conversation
regarding using an exterior blower instead, which the "designer" poo
poohed.

I discussed a different fan (and larger duct) with the coinstruction
artists, but no luck booh.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 11:18 am, Han wrote:
[...]

I think that is probably a good guess.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:03:52 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/29/2010 10:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

I'll bet they're more.

Agreed ... but lot's folks don't seem to blink at $3.5k these days for a
cooktop. Current kitchen job has a 48" Capital gas range being installed
that is twice that.

I blinked heavily when the front office gal at the dentist's office
said she wanted $2,243 to do a root canal, post'n'prep, and porcelain
w/ high noble crown on -one- tooth. My jaw is still bruised.

I may wear a mask and go armed into the next medical office. Two can
play that game, eh?

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:34:33 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/29/2010 12:23 PM, Han wrote:

In 2002 we redid the kitchen (kitchenlet, since it is really small), and
the GE stove + microwave with exhaust had to be vented by going up in the
cabinet above, then through the ceiling to the outside. We never have
enough real suction there and it's noisy as hell!

I fully expect this to be the case with regard to noise, as it is
1200cfm inline blower. Wish I had a tape recording of the conversation
regarding using an exterior blower instead, which the "designer" poo
poohed.

I hope you have in in writing on the estimates or designer
conversation letters that you were against internals.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

Although no self respecting coonass would cook on an electric stove,
that one did pique my interest.

---------------------

Same with this buckeye.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

AAMOF, I'm picking up the vent liner and motor blower on Monday in
preparation for building the vent hood cabinet, which is going to be a
PITA ... I HATE the idea of building a frameless Euro style cabinet
enclosing that kind of baggage, but it's all the rage, donchaknow!

Brings back memories.

I had to install a "replacement" microwave into a cabinet in my last house.
This included the vent and blower for the stove unit below. Supposedly, you
could just pull out the old one and stick in the new one. Perhaps in dreams
that would happen. But not in the real world

The biggest problem was that the vent from the microwave was in a different
location than the old one. I had to build, from sheet metal, a new vent. To
port the new vent to the old hole going out of the wall.

It took about a half hour to pull out the old unit and get the area cleaned
up. It took a whole day of screwing around and fabricating parts with
minimal tooling to get the new unit installed. It was nice when it was all
done. But it was a bitch to install.

I never pay attention to fantasies of "Easy Installs" any more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 29, 4:43*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote:
Although no self respecting coonass would cook on an electric stove,
that one did pique my interest.

---------------------

Same with this buckeye.

Lew

Same with this Canuck.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2010 2:39 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I hope you have in in writing on the estimates or designer
conversation letters that you were against internals.

Haven't lived this long being naive, C-less ... everything is spec'ed,
then built to spec ... you be sure and do the same, cher.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 29, 3:35*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I blinked heavily when the front office gal at the dentist's office
said she wanted $2,243 to do a root canal, post'n'prep, and porcelain
w/ high noble crown on -one- tooth.

That would seem a fair price for the oft overlooked Optical/Rectal
severance surgery. You know the one. The surgery that improves one's
****ty outlook?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:39:56 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/29/2010 2:39 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I hope you have in in writing on the estimates or designer
conversation letters that you were against internals.

Haven't lived this long being naive, C-less ... everything is spec'ed,
then built to spec ... you be sure and do the same, cher.

You betcha, ma petite.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

william morris wallpaper danH Home Repair 0 August 25th 07 07:19 PM
William Shakespeare avtar Woodworking 3 December 21st 06 03:40 AM
William Shakespeare [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 19th 06 11:05 AM
Ping: William B. Noble Prometheus Woodturning 14 May 23rd 06 10:22 PM
Cooktop cut out hole too big for new cooktop kaasman Home Repair 4 January 17th 06 05:56 PM