Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The William cooktop

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:03:52 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 8/29/2010 10:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

I'll bet they're more.

Agreed ... but lot's folks don't seem to blink at $3.5k these days for a
cooktop. Current kitchen job has a 48" Capital gas range being installed
that is twice that.

I blinked heavily when the front office gal at the dentist's office
said she wanted $2,243 to do a root canal, post'n'prep, and porcelain
w/ high noble crown on -one- tooth. My jaw is still bruised.

I may wear a mask and go armed into the next medical office. Two can
play that game, eh?

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we