Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_6_] CW[_6_] is offline

Default The William cooktop

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 11:18 am, Han wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:b7a5c998-8d59-4536-9b5a-
:

As there are quite a few woodworkers here involved with kitchens,
here's a new toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBe3SDCcz8

I like the idea, especially since it doesn't require me to buy new
cookware
such as an induction system.
Maar, potjandorie, Rob!!
Where is there more info than the Youtube video? Such as how much and
where to buy?

--
Best regards
Han

Niet zo ongeduldig! Wait 5 years and they will go the way of plasma
TV. The pricing is up against that phenomenon called: "Screw that, too
rich for my blood, a $ 500.00 unit looks just as nice and when do WE
ever need 21 different pots and pans." Or this old chestnut: "Too much
can go wrong."
Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME)
they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short,
honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the
gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long.
My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.

I think that is probably a good guess.