Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Surreal Borg Experience

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:04:38 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 12/29/09 11:42 AM, Robatoy wrote:
polar opposite to Fox News. (The only difference
being that...doesn't fabricate their news)

You misspelled New York Times.

CBS. NBC....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:09:23 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Har! There's nothing but Left on NPR, sir.

Bull****.

That crap didn't work with Trickey Dickie when he tried it and it
doesn't work today when you try it.

What "crap doesn't work", Lew?

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:42:23 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Dec 29, 11:08*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:09:06 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Matt" wrote:

What kind of tool is needed to open the package the package opening
tool comes in?

I find the packaging that has evolved today is often bizzarre some
is as described - tough plasic that is hard to open, while others
are cardboard packaging that are sealed with a security type tape.

Whatever happened to your basic avaition snips?

I picked up another bundle of 3 when they were on sale for $10 earlier
this year. I couldn't find my righties. *I keep the straights in the
truck.

Take your choice, left, right, center.

No wait, that's an NPR program.

Har! *There's nothing but Left on NPR, sir.

NPR seems to be the polar opposite to Fox News. (The only difference
being that NPR doesn't fabricate their news)

No siree... I stay firmly in the middle with my news sources. Fark.com

I'm an www.onion.com man, myself.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote

The problem with that is that the checkout points are all monitored
by video camera, and a quick review of the transaction process would
almost assuredly have indicated some pretty serious exaggeration on
Lee's part.

What a classic, clueless response.

I have no doubt that part of the problem is that I have a hearing
loss. I have been treated badly my whole life because of that and as
I get older my hearing gets worse. I don't have any problem figuring
out when I am being treated badly. You are just like all those
assholes I have met who think that I am faking it. Like if I try hard
enough, I can suddenly hear or something. And Home Depot depending
on vocal instructions presupposes that everybody has perfect hearing.
And the liittle places where the money comes out are totally
camaflagued. I couldn't see them. (My vision is not so hot either)

And the lock packaging would challenge almost anybody to get into it.
Unless, of course, you have the proper tools. I will be looking into
that when I pick up something from Home Depot this afternoon.

Very little of anything was exaggerated here. All those events did
actually occur. And I was trying to be humerous and pointing this out
as a strange event rather that a mistreatment thing. All subtleties
that went way over your head apparently.

I was trying to point out some problems with dealing with a big box
store. You apparently live near a big box store that offers utopian
service. It is interesting that you think bad service, indifferent
machines subsituting for people as checkers and bulletproof packaging
are examples of "serious exaggeration".

Perhaps you have serious exaggerated your own abilities to perceive
and interpert life experiences.

Heh! I couldn't find something so I activated the "Call button" on a pole
which promised, when aroused, would summon help straightaway. Sure enough,
in a twinkling an apron-clad employee appeared. He turned off the alarm. He
went away.

WTF?

I followed him and inquired if simply disabling the Call Button was the
appropriate response. He allowed as how store rules required these things to
be answered within as short a time as possible. He answered the call, what's
the problem?

I explained that this was not some psychology department experiment
involving lights, switches, and rats but there was a PURPOSE behind the call
button.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

[...]

Snip......

As a side note...my wife gets irritated at me when I make the gals/guys
manning the outside ordering points at fast food joints, repeat what they
said and do so by speaking as I would expect them to speak. She says I
sound as if I'm retarded. So be it, but we all don't have her hearing. I
swear she sits in front of the TV with the volume all the way down just to
drive me nuts. Was talking with a fellow employee one time and when she was
done speaking for the first time, I asked her if she had ever worked at
McDonald's. Her answer "Why yes, how did you know".

And it ain't gettin' any better!

Tom G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote

What kind of tool is needed to open the package the package opening tool
comes in?

Exactly.

I got a gift card and decided to get another pair of diagonal cutters. It
is tool I need from time to time and they vanish from the earth around
here for some reason. I have one pair near my workbench. I buy this new
cutter, in bright neon colors so I can SEE it, and get it home. And what
do you know, I needed the other diagonal cutters to cut the new pair of of
its package.

I assume when buying this new package opening tool, you have to take your
life in your hands to open this safety device.

Ironic, eh?

I think this new packaging is to dimwitted shoplifters what Squirrel-proof
birdfeeders are to Squirrels. I doubt that it works any better against the
shoplifters than the birdfeeders do against the Squirrels.

Tom G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 18:57:01 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

I explained that this was not some psychology department experiment
involving lights, switches, and rats but there was a PURPOSE behind the call
button.

You should have stood in front of it then and blocked his turning it
off until he answered your question(s).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2009 7:21 PM, Tom G wrote:

I think this new packaging is to dimwitted shoplifters what Squirrel-proof
birdfeeders are to Squirrels. I doubt that it works any better against the
shoplifters than the birdfeeders do against the Squirrels.

Yabbut, not this squirrel!

http://img.fark.net/images/squirrel.jpg

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom G" wrote in message

As a side note...my wife gets irritated at me when I make the gals/guys
manning the outside ordering points at fast food joints, repeat what they
said and do so by speaking as I would expect them to speak. She says I
sound as if I'm retarded. So be it, but we all don't have her hearing. I
swear she sits in front of the TV with the volume all the way down just to
drive me nuts. Was talking with a fellow employee one time and when she
was done speaking for the first time, I asked her if she had ever worked
at McDonald's. Her answer "Why yes, how did you know".

It's not all you. Very few people know how to properly speak into a
microphone. Biggest problem though is that there seems to be some unwritten
rule that says PA systems in fast food joints and airports have to reproduce
sound as poorly as possible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Lee Michaels wrote:
[...]

Yes, there is a purpose behind the call button. It is his responsibility to
show up, turn the alarm off and help the person that sounded the alarm.
Since you seemed to not feel the need to let him know that you are the one
requesting help, he left. What did you expect? What was he supposed to do?
Was he supposed to, rather than returning to other business, pole the store
patrons to find out who hit the alarm.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2009 7:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 12/29/2009 7:21 PM, Tom G wrote:

I think this new packaging is to dimwitted shoplifters what
Squirrel-proof
birdfeeders are to Squirrels. I doubt that it works any better against
the
shoplifters than the birdfeeders do against the Squirrels.

Yabbut, not this squirrel!

http://img.fark.net/images/squirrel.jpg

LOL!

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2009 8:27 PM, CW wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Please tell me you aren't serious with this ridiculous bit of "logic"...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

What "crap doesn't work", Lew?

If you don't like the message, attack the messenger, comes to mind.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Tom G" wrote in message

As a side note...my wife gets irritated at me when I make the gals/guys
manning the outside ordering points at fast food joints, repeat what they
said and do so by speaking as I would expect them to speak. She says I
sound as if I'm retarded. So be it, but we all don't have her hearing.
I swear she sits in front of the TV with the volume all the way down just
drive me nuts. Was talking with a fellow employee one time and when she
was done speaking for the first time, I asked her if she had ever worked
at McDonald's. Her answer "Why yes, how did you know".

It's not all you. Very few people know how to properly speak into a
microphone. Biggest problem though is that there seems to be some
unwritten rule that says PA systems in fast food joints and airports have
to reproduce sound as poorly as possible.

Back in the late 70's / early 80's there was a bit with an exasperated
patron at a fast food PA system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YId_ArKyoYs

"... and a large orange drink".

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom G wrote:

[...]

No, but just as TSA rules don't really do much for safety, it does serve
to **** off the paying customers.

Tom G.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

On 12/29/2009 7:21 PM, Tom G wrote:

I think this new packaging is to dimwitted shoplifters what
Squirrel-proof
birdfeeders are to Squirrels. I doubt that it works any better against
the shoplifters than the birdfeeders do against the Squirrels.

Yabbut, not this squirrel!

http://img.fark.net/images/squirrel.jpg

I thought squirrels kept their nuts in their cheeks?

Gonna hate myself for this in the morning.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom G wrote:
[...]

Sure it is! Do you realize that the order-taker on the other end of the
speaker may very well be in INDIA?

Here's an article on a McDonald's call center in California, but the call
center could just as easily be in Bangladesh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/11/te...erland&emc=rss

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Tom G wrote:
[...]

And your first indicator that you are talking to some one in India is that
they sound courteous, anxious to help, and have a name like Bob or Mary.
That does not actually mean that you will be satisfied with the experience.

It's when you drive up and get Waz'up, do you want bla bla bla with cheese
and their name ends up being Washieka or Snoop that you know that you are
getting American. And that does not actually mean that you will be
satisfied with the experience either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:30:40 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

What "crap doesn't work", Lew?

If you don't like the message, attack the messenger, comes to mind.

Hmm, I don't believe that I was, but...whatever.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:33:19 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita
scrawled the following:

Swingman wrote:

On 12/29/2009 7:21 PM, Tom G wrote:

I think this new packaging is to dimwitted shoplifters what
Squirrel-proof
birdfeeders are to Squirrels. I doubt that it works any better against
the shoplifters than the birdfeeders do against the Squirrels.

Yabbut, not this squirrel!

http://img.fark.net/images/squirrel.jpg

I thought squirrels kept their nuts in their cheeks?

Gonna hate myself for this in the morning.

Only if you wake up in that position. (OUCH!)

P.S: Why do dogs lic...never mind.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2009 8:08 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:33:19 -0700, the infamous Mark& Juanita
I thought squirrels kept their nuts in their cheeks?

Gonna hate myself for this in the morning.

Only if you wake up in that position. (OUCH!)

P.S: Why do dogs lic...never mind.

C-less ... damn you, Bubba! I'm already reduced to purposely using the
cheapest monitor in the house whilst reading the wRec!

BTW, did you catch WeeGee's update yesterday?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2009 12:30 AM, Mark & Juanita wrote:
wrote:

"Tom wrote in message

[...]

I like this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvjRb2L0bY

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote

The problem with that is that the checkout points are all monitored by
video camera, and a quick review of the transaction process would almost
assuredly have indicated some pretty serious exaggeration on Lee's part.

What a classic, clueless response.

Not so clueless Lee - I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday...

I have no doubt that part of the problem is that I have a hearing loss. I
have been treated badly my whole life because of that and as I get older
my hearing gets worse. I don't have any problem figuring out when I am
being treated badly. You are just like all those assholes I have met who
think that I am faking it.

Never suggested such a thing.

Like if I try hard enough, I can suddenly hear or something. And Home
Depot depending on vocal instructions presupposes that everybody has
perfect hearing. And the liittle places where the money comes out are
totally camaflagued. I couldn't see them. (My vision is not so hot either)

It's called Life Lee. Everyone relies on the expectation of verbal
communication. You indicated nothing in the interraction that suggests Home
Depot or the supposed drug addict (as you presume to describe the fellow),
did anything wrong. The only thing I said was that your story sounds quite
exaggerated, and I'd be willing to bet that the video from the self-checkout
would back up my bet.

And the lock packaging would challenge almost anybody to get into it.
Unless, of course, you have the proper tools. I will be looking into that
when I pick up something from Home Depot this afternoon.

I'm not so challenged by these things Lee. I just pull out my pocket knife
and all is well. Hell, I've even used a set of car keys in a pinch...

Very little of anything was exaggerated here. All those events did
actually occur. And I was trying to be humerous and pointing this out as a
strange event rather that a mistreatment thing. All subtleties that went
way over your head apparently.

Flailing arms, ankle level cash return, etc? No - I suspect quite a bit of
exaggerating. You forget - we've all been in Home Depot stores. We're
familiar with the self checkout process. We're familiar with how the stores
are run across the country. No subtleties were lost on me - there were none
to lose.

I was trying to point out some problems with dealing with a big box store.

Problems dealing with a big box store? Millions of people with ailments and
disabilities of all sorts seem to function quite well in them every day.
You had a bad day and turned it into a problem with big box stores - and
packaging. I think you should have just stayed in bed that day Lee.

You apparently live near a big box store that offers utopian service.

Nope - they're just exactly what I expect. Not perfect, and not crummy.
I'm just not a person like you who delights in derailing people and
experiences simply because I've got a crummy outlook. You can't hear, you
can't read, and you lack the muscle control to open a plastic package. To
top that off, you're too cheap to buy a tool to do it for you. Yet, that is
somehow the fault of a drug addicted cashier, and the big box store.

It is interesting that you think bad service, indifferent machines
subsituting for people as checkers and bulletproof packaging are examples
of "serious exaggeration".

No, I think you are an ill tempered person who needs to get a grip on life.
It does not all turn around you, or me, or our particular wants and likes.
You need to get over yourself Lee.

Besides - it is Home Depot's policy that at least one manned cash register
will be open at all times. You did not have to go to self checkout, where
you are clearly so challenged. You could have gone right over to the good
old fashioned checkout with real people ready to serve you. You went there,
caused your own problem and then posted your diatribe here. See any irony
in that at all Lee?

Perhaps you have serious exaggerated your own abilities to perceive and
interpert life experiences.

I still bet that the video camera from that self service checkout station
would show you had exaggerated.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:41:19 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

On 12/30/2009 8:08 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:33:19 -0700, the infamous Mark& Juanita
I thought squirrels kept their nuts in their cheeks?

Gonna hate myself for this in the morning.

Only if you wake up in that position. (OUCH!)

P.S: Why do dogs lic...never mind.

C-less ... damn you, Bubba! I'm already reduced to purposely using the
cheapest monitor in the house whilst reading the wRec!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Don't you have keyboard condoms and
visqueen over the monitor for Usenet? They're a must!

BTW, did you catch WeeGee's update yesterday?

No, I didn't. (scurrying off to check) Ahhh, read the PUD and I'm
happy now. He's back to "work" after 3 weeks off and is now running
stop signs internationally. Ole!

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 30, 5:07*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

No, I think you are an ill tempered person who needs to get a grip on life.
It does not all turn around you, or me, or our particular wants and likes..
You need to get over yourself Lee.

I think you need to get over yourself, Mike.
Lee's anecdote, coloured by his way of expressing himself was far more
pleasurable to read than your sanctimonious diatribe.
It is perfectly legal to use creative license and caricatures of
people encountered in life's experiences.
It is only the miserable that need to resort to look at everything
with as negative an outlook as yours.
IOW.. lighten-the-****-up!
Who gives a rat's ass if the 'sales associate' had 2 nose rings or
looked like a ring-binder with 332 rings? Or if the change-return slot
was at 1" above the floor (which NONE of us would believe, but funny
nonetheless) or 2"?
I enjoy reading Lee's posts. Yours? Not so much. Not when you're all
grumpy like this.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:24:09 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Back in the late 70's / early 80's there was a bit with an exasperated
patron at a fast food PA system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YId_ArKyoYs

"... and a large orange drink".

I like this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvjRb2L0bY

Can we ever forget the original Wreck conversation, live from Nueva
Jork, Asia? Tendjewberrymud and Jewelcome. http://fwd4.me/9rm

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2009 4:44 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I enjoy reading Lee's posts. Yours? Not so much. Not when you're all
grumpy like this.

Be gentle now g ... Mike's just like you and me, a damn good guy. One
of the best, AAMOF. So's Lee. We all gotta all take a turn in the barrel.

It ain't like the shoe don't pinch our three feet on occasion.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 30, 5:58*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 12/30/2009 4:44 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I enjoy reading Lee's posts. Yours? Not so much. Not when you're all
grumpy like this.

Be gentle now g ... Mike's just like you and me, a damn good guy. One
of the best, AAMOF. So's Lee. We all gotta all take a turn in the barrel.

Oh, I know. Fair enough.

It ain't like the shoe don't pinch our three feet on occasion.

I resemble that remark!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

All right Lee - it appears it's time to call our little skirmish to an end.
Taking aid from Robatoy gives you an unfair advantage, and it's better to
cut losses and call a truce.

You were wrong, and I'm man enough to admit it...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:32:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Tom G wrote:

[...]

But that's the whole point. If you're pushed to the ****ed point, you
*must* think that they're doing something important. No one would
**** the public off for no good reason, right? The laughter they got
last weekend did wake a few up though. I say, keep it up until they
actually *do* something.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Thank you sir.

And even though you are an impossibly liberal Canadian, I enjoy reading
your posts as well.

;-)

A Liberal????!!!! Oh,uh hummmm well that changes every thing.... ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you sir.

And even though you are an impossibly liberal Canadian, I enjoy reading
your posts as well.

;-)

A Liberal????!!!! *Oh,uh hummmm well that changes every thing.... *;~)

Liberal? Moi?...... Hardly.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

.... snip

Sure it is! Do you realize that the order-taker on the other end of the
speaker may very well be in INDIA?

Here's an article on a McDonald's call center in California, but the call
center could just as easily be in Bangladesh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/11/te...erland&emc=rss

And your first indicator that you are talking to some one in India is that
they sound courteous, anxious to help, and have a name like Bob or Mary.
That does not actually mean that you will be satisfied with the
experience.

From my experience with DirecPC, I do know that they are really good at
apologizing. They are sorry up and down about making you wait, about the
fact that they can't actually fix your problem, about the fact that it will
take 5 days for a technician to be scheduled, etc. They are polite and
apologetic to a T. Problem is, after you hang up, you still have the same
problem you started with when you called them 2 hours ago and they haven't
done a thing to solve it. Yep, you're right, not satisfied with the
experience.

It's when you drive up and get Waz'up, do you want bla bla bla with
cheese and their name ends up being Washieka or Snoop that you know that
you are
getting American. And that does not actually mean that you will be
satisfied with the experience either.

No, that's true, but at least there's a hoomin bean close by where, if I'm
really unsatisfied, I can go and physically talk to their manager and get
more than "I'm sorry about you having to wait ...."

/soapbox off -- had a very unsatisfying day with Maytag and a brand spanking
new (less than 1 day) dishwasher that only worked when the installers put it
in. Soonest they can get to is is January 6 (?!). My phone support
happiness is not at a very high ebb right now.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2009 3:29 PM Mike Marlow spake thus:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

All right Lee - it appears it's time to call our little skirmish to an end.
Taking aid from Robatoy gives you an unfair advantage, and it's better to
cut losses and call a truce.

You were wrong, and I'm man enough to admit it...

Sig! I claim sig!

- a Usenet "apology"

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Snip

/soapbox off -- had a very unsatisfying day with Maytag and a brand
spanking
new (less than 1 day) dishwasher that only worked when the installers put
it
in. Soonest they can get to is is January 6 (?!). My phone support
happiness is not at a very high ebb right now.

Maygtag, isn't that suppose to be a good Washing machine??? Exchange it for
a Whirlpool Dish washer. LOL.

We have had a Whirlpool/Kenmore DW and it lasted 14 years with no breaks
from daily heavy wash circles. Trays started to rust. Replaced with
KitchenAid kept for a few months and exchanged for another Whirlpool/Kenmore
and could not be happier. BTY we take the bones off the plates before they
go in the DW but little else.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 31, 8:11*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in ...
Snip

/soapbox off -- had a very unsatisfying day with Maytag and a brand
spanking
new (less than 1 day) dishwasher that only worked when the installers put
it
in. *Soonest they can get to is is January 6 (?!). *My phone support
happiness is not at a very high ebb right now.

Maygtag, isn't that suppose to be a good Washing machine??? *Exchange it for
a Whirlpool Dish washer. *LOL.

We have had a Whirlpool/Kenmore DW and it lasted 14 years with no breaks
from daily heavy wash circles. *Trays started to rust. *Replaced with
KitchenAid kept for a few months and exchanged for another Whirlpool/Kenmore
and could not be happier. *BTY we take the bones off the plates before they
go in the DW but little else.

Year 10 for an all stainless Kitchenaid, not a single problem Washes
stuff clean, clean, clean.
Prior to that, a single-knobbed Maytag which, by best estimate, was
about 20 years old. Was replaced for cosmetic and acoustic reasons.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/31/2009 9:21 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Year 10 for an all stainless Kitchenaid, not a single problem Washes
stuff clean, clean, clean.
Prior to that, a single-knobbed Maytag which, by best estimate, was
about 20 years old. Was replaced for cosmetic and acoustic reasons.

I buy a lot of appliances and Kitchenaid used to be on the top of the
list, but just the last few years I've really been disappointed in their
construction, and the number of service calls after we sell a house lately.

I hate having to deal with callbacks and problems, so the last seven or
eight years been buying all our appliances for new homes from Sears,
catch the sales the top of the line units, and maybe buy two to four of
each appliance at a time. Sears will hold delivery/warehouse for months
on end, delivery and install is a flat $50, and so far we've been able
to have the warranties kick in from the day of installation, not purchase.

Their dual fuel Kenmore stoves have been real popular in our kitchens.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/31/2009 10:17 AM, Robatoy wrote:

So many brand names used to mean something. Before lawyers and
accountants dressed up in leather chaps, Harley Davidson used to mean
something too.
Don't get me started.

Me neither ... and there has been no "decline" in my country? .. Yeah,
right!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Year 10 for an all stainless Kitchenaid, not a single problem Washes
stuff clean, clean, clean.
Prior to that, a single-knobbed Maytag which, by best estimate, was
about 20 years old. Was replaced for cosmetic and acoustic reasons.

Yeah our KitchenAid was a top of the line $1200 unit but it simply left the
dishes dirty, with a film on them. When we went back to the Whirlpool we
got clean dishes again.

We work our DW pretty hard, it always at least goes through the pot scrubber
cycle or higher and there is not any such thing as prerinse in our house.

A BORG Story John B Woodworking 10 March 15th 09 03:29 AM
At the BORG - What Would You Do? Perry Aynum Woodworking 45 March 10th 09 12:23 AM
The Borg vs Lowes Drb Woodworking 10 August 8th 06 03:23 AM
Borg? wch Woodworking 24 February 26th 05 11:35 PM
BORG? Maskman Woodworking 9 September 15th 03 10:20 PM