Maskman

Default BORG?

I'm almost afraid to ask but I will. What is BORG?
Thanks

slowalker

click and look
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ec.woodworking

"Maskman" wrote in message
I'm almost afraid to ask but I will. What is BORG?
Thanks

Bay Area Dave

Big Orange Retail Giant

ever watch Startrek? "Borg" really came from that show.

dave

Maskman wrote:

I'm almost afraid to ask but I will. What is BORG?
Thanks

Swingman

Your explanation deserves to be in the FAQ.

... t'would save a lot of trouble, maybe? ... Nah!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/13/03

"john moorhead" wrote in message ...
Maskman -

Collectively, BORG is any of the big box home improvement centers that
resemble the BORG (short for cyborg - a melding of robot and human or

other
species) "Cube" space vessels in "Star Trek the next generation" - they

come
into town and assimilate (read: wipe out) the small, medium and sometimes
large local hardware/lumber/home improvement stores. Also specifically,
Home Depot as an acronym Big Orange Retail Giant.

You have been assimilated.

Locutus

"Maskman" wrote in message
I'm almost afraid to ask but I will. What is BORG?

Kevin Craig

In article .com,
Swingman wrote:

Your explanation deserves to be in the FAQ.

Or just repeated twice a week, since that's about how often the
question is asked.

Oh, wait... someone would have to actually read the messages before
asking right?

... t'would save a lot of trouble, maybe? ... Nah!

Yep: "nah!"

Kevin

Steve Turner

Default BORG? (hey David Eisan, lookee here!)

I'd agree there; that's the best explanation I've seen.

And I'd say it's high time Leon's explanation of left-tilt vs. right-tilt made
it to the FAQ as well.

Maybe David could explain to us how this all works.

And what of Gary Robson's FAQ at http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/ ? That thing's
never gonna get updated again, is it? It's nice to have a FAQ in a static
place, but how useful is it if we can't update it?

Swingman wrote:

Your explanation deserves to be in the FAQ.

... t'would save a lot of trouble, maybe? ... Nah!

Swingman

Not until someone formats it properly. ;~)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/13/03

"Steve Turner" wrote in message

And I'd say it's high time Leon's explanation of left-tilt vs. right-tilt

made
it to the FAQ as well.

David F. Eisan

Guys,

I'd agree there; that's the best explanation I've seen.

And I'd say it's high time Leon's explanation of left-tilt vs. right-tilt

made
it to the FAQ as well.

Borg added to mini FAQ

I did a quick search and didn't find Leon's explaination, anyone care to
point me towards it?

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar

Eddie Munster

First reference to Borg, Nov, 98. And it stuck. At the time HD was
expanding and closing out hardware stores and lumber yards with
agressive price matching policies.

http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr...r%3D%26hl%3Den

My only claim to fame in this world....

Bwahahaha.