Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Surreal Borg Experience

On 12/29/2009 8:27 PM, CW wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Heh! I couldn't find something so I activated the "Call button" on a
pole which promised, when aroused, would summon help straightaway.
Sure enough, in a twinkling an apron-clad employee appeared. He turned
off the alarm. He went away.

WTF?

I followed him and inquired if simply disabling the Call Button was
the appropriate response. He allowed as how store rules required these
things to be answered within as short a time as possible. He answered
the call, what's the problem?

I explained that this was not some psychology department experiment
involving lights, switches, and rats but there was a PURPOSE behind
the call button.

Yes, there is a purpose behind the call button. It is his responsibility
to show up, turn the alarm off and help the person that sounded the
alarm. Since you seemed to not feel the need to let him know that you
are the one requesting help, he left. What did you expect? What was he
supposed to do? Was he supposed to, rather than returning to other
business, pole the store patrons to find out who hit the alarm.

Please tell me you aren't serious with this ridiculous bit of "logic"...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.