Posted to rec.woodworking

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:48:10 -0600, the infamous Chris Friesen
scrawled the following:

On 12/07/2009 12:18 PM, Leon wrote:
"Chris Friesen" wrote in message

As long as the rate of burning doesn't exceed the rate of growth,
burning wood for energy is carbon neutral.

That sounds lile a fuzzy feels good formula.

Huh? You grow a tree then burn it...no net carbon release. How is that
fuzzy or "feels good"?

200 years ago the population of the planet was under a billion people.
Now it's 6x that.

But every one was burning then not so now, actually few by contrast.

Before we were burning trees, now we burn oil, coal, and gas.

From 1850 to 2000, the total energy consumption of the USA increased by
a factor of 50. Of course a large amount of that is due to population
increase, but the per-capita energy consumption has increased roughly 4x
over that period.

So.. much cleaner energy consumption compared to way back when.

Cleaner in what sense? As the US switched from agrarian to modern it
uses 4x as much energy per person. How is that cleaner overall?

A gas furnace is 25-40x cleaner than a fireplace or wood stove.
Incandescent/fluor lamps put out no CO2 while an oil lamp does.
Cars put out more CO2 than horse farts, but we're still ahead.

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:47:44 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Leon wrote:
"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
snip

But every one was burning then not so now, actually few by contrast.

Before we were burning trees, now we burn oil, coal, and gas.

With less polution. I have no polution control device on my
fireplace and I doubt way back when there were any such devices
either. Ther is all kind of polution control devices on oil, coal,
gas, and gasoline burning machines.

None of which affect CO2 emissions in the slightest.

Au contraire, mon ami. I used to do smogs in the Republik of
Kalifornia. Emissions tuning was for more CO2 and less NOX.
Production of sulfur dioxide was a lovely side-effect of catalytic
converters.

From 1850 to 2000, the total energy consumption of the USA
increased by a factor of 50. Of course a large amount of that is
due to population increase, but the per-capita energy consumption
has increased roughly 4x over that period.

So.. much cleaner energy consumption compared to way back when.

Cleaner in what sense? As the US switched from agrarian to modern it
uses 4x as much energy per person. How is that cleaner overall?

what,,,,, 4 times more people using cleaner burning fuels than
wood.....

Cleaner in what sense?

Particulates, CO2, and other toxic gases. Fireplaces are filthy, like
coal, which is the only emitter of radioactivity in the USA.

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label
of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem
important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.
-- Thomas J. Watson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:09:51 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote:

Being able to look at the world through my own eyes and interpret
what I am seeing rather than being told what I am seeing.

I do not dispute that some places are getting warmer, at least for
this period of time but there are other places that are getting
colder. Take the South Pole for instance, its ice has been growing
for years.

I totally believe that those that believe in global warming "trend",
don't have enough data to make a proper assessment.

Would you mind sharing your vetted source you used to reach your
observations?

"I don't have enough data."
"Well make it available, damnit!"

Good one, Lew. Here are more books. (Got Huber yet?)

_The Skeptical Environmentalist_ by Bjorn Lomborg
Or his newer title, _Cool It_, which I haven't read.

_Earth Report 2000_ by Ronald Bailey (ed) and other experts

_Meltdown_ by Patrick J. Michaels
Climatologist fed up with the politics of AGWK

_The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and
Environmentalism_ by Christpher C. Horner

_Myth, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_ by John Stossel
(chapter on AGWK)

_Terrestrial Energy_ by William Tucker, 2008
A very good & fairly neutral book!

_Hard Green_ by Peter Huber
This is a MUST READ title for everyone, pro or con AGWK.

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label
of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem
important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.
-- Thomas J. Watson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:25:30 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Well, if it gets really hot next year, don't come to me.

Oh, it will. My computer climate models predict Globular sWarming
peaking in July, tapering off somewhat in August and September.

Amateur! My climate models further predict a precise alternation sequence
between darkness and light every 12 hours along the equator.

Aw, I didn't want to go macro on the poor little Believers, Leon.
Shhh! You'll scare them even more than they already are.

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label
of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem
important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.
-- Thomas J. Watson
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Please expand on that if you will, Swingy. What's the nature of the
new waste?

Don't get me started ...

Project in question was alternative construction (straw bale wall)
house, green material as much as possible throughout. Notice the plywood
and framing material, steel and concrete going into just the foundation
of this single family, new residential construction, of less than 2500sf:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/Foundation1#

I've found that most of the new "green" products (the few
which are available around here) are about 50% higher in cost than
standard mat'ls, despite the trade mags showing only a 10% increase.
And look what it's done to the cost of finishes. Waterlox has doubled
in price since I last bought it, and their VOC-free finishes are
higher than that: $105 per gallon now!

We were going to use ureas formaldehyde, sustainable, bamboo plywood
wood in the cabinets and built-ins until we found out the budget busting
prices, upwards of $300/sheet.

Oddly enough, much of Home Depot's plywood (from Columbia Forest
Products) is made with urea formaldehyde free glue.

Lowe's has "Fresh Aire", no VOC, paint which we used on the interior of
this house ...I was quite happy with the results and the price wasn't
all that out of line with other premium indoor paints.

I tried to get other low or no VOC products/stains from them that they
advertise in other locales and was informed that they were not allowed
to ship these across state lines??

Still trying to figure that one out ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

We were going to use ureas formaldehyde FREE

Add ^^^^

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

It might be the tilt of the Earth and the fact that the Sun
is getting hotter for some strange reason. Snow and ice is
vaporizing off other planets as well.
Something is up in the Solar System we don't know about yet.

Martin

LDosser wrote:
"Bob Martin" wrote in message
om...
in 125044 20091208 181751 Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 07:42:39 GMT, the infamous Bob Martin
scrawled the following:

in 124738 20091206 174713 Swingman wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:

However, to those maintaining that global warming is a myth,
please read
http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-re...4-wg1-faqs.pdf
and come back with your informed rebuttals.
"It's all lies" and "it's a scam" is just not good enough.
BTW : almost everything that's been said about the CRU in the
media is wrong.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8397265.stm

As long as you're throwing internet/media **** on the wall, the
following report, and its burying because it did not fit in with the
current political agenda, is neither ... and irrefutable evidence that
you are being misguided:

http://cei.org/cei_files/fm/active/0/DOC062509-004.pdf
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10274412-38.html

This is the actual report, not media supposition, and what happened to
it is undeniable fact, not the result of agenda driven media "spin".

This entire issue is simply too rife with examples of same for it
to be
viewed as pure innocence personified, which you seem to be doing.

Regardless of which side of the fence you're on, anyone, government or
otherwise, advocating basing action on computer climate modeling done
with even the suspicion of tainted data is being irresponsible ...
GIGO
is an irrefutable, _scientific_ fact, which can't be spun to suit any
agenda.

Nice try ...

See what's happening to the glaciers, the coral reefs, bird migration.
The signs are all around for those who will open their eyes and
their minds.

What you're failing to see is that as one glacier recedes here,
another grows somewhere else on this planet. Please look into it and
stop overreacting. What you see locally isn't "global".

I'm failing to see? ROFL
Glaciers are retreating in North America, South America, the Alps, the
Himalayas,
Africa, Greenland, West Antarctica and New Zealand. Name one glacier
that is growing.

How about a BUNCH?

[NEW YORK
, May 5 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say that while the majority of the
world's glaciers are retreating as the planet becomes warmer, glaciers
south of the equator are growing.

The researchers at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth
Observatory said they discovered glaciers in South America and New
Zealand are inching forward, pointing to strong regional variations in
climate.]

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009/05/05/Glacier-growth-differs-between-hemispheres/UPI-70561241550410/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
It might be the tilt of the Earth and the fact that the Sun
is getting hotter for some strange reason. Snow and ice is
vaporizing off other planets as well.
Something is up in the Solar System we don't know about yet.

Last I heard the sun was getting cooler. Then again, big Al apparently
hasn't addressed that issue yet, so we have no scientific leadership in
that regard.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

[...]

Or, for something that reads like a novel, STATE OF FEAR by Michael
Chrichton (Andromeda Strain, Congo, Eaters of the Dead, Great Train Robbery,
Jurassic Park, Lost World, Next, Prey, Rising Sun, Sphere, Terminal Man,
Timeline, and others).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
It might be the tilt of the Earth and the fact that the Sun
is getting hotter for some strange reason. Snow and ice is
vaporizing off other planets as well.
Something is up in the Solar System we don't know about yet.

A fact that they conveniently forget to mention.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:35:37 GMT, the infamous Bob Martin
scrawled the following:

in 125044 20091208 181751 Larry Jaques wrote:
What you're failing to see is that as one glacier recedes here,
another grows somewhere else on this planet. Please look into it and
stop overreacting. What you see locally isn't "global".

I'm failing to see? ROFL
Glaciers are retreating in North America, South America, the Alps, the Himalayas,
Africa, Greenland, West Antarctica and New Zealand.

Africa? You're referring to the snows of Kilimanjaro?

Name one glacier that is growing.

Antarctica, Alaska, Norway, the Himalayas, the Alps, Washington state
http://www.google.com/search?q=glaciers+growing+again
Three million seven hundred and thirty hits.
Pay attention this time, and perhaps buy a new Bull**** Detector. You
are obviously missing key concepts if you still believe in The
Anointed One (O), the Tooth Fairy, Algore, Santa Claus, Anthropogenic
Global Warming(kumbaya), etc.

Your idea of global is different to mine.

I confine mine concept of global to the Earth as a whole. You don't
seem to recognize that the nature of the Earth (Gaia/Mother Nature if
you simply must have a fairy name) has decided this, too, that when
she takes ice from one spot, she puts it in another, keeping a balance
on the globe as a whole. This changes daily, so keep up, eh?

Googlectually Yours,
LJ

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:23:34 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
It might be the tilt of the Earth and the fact that the Sun
is getting hotter for some strange reason. Snow and ice is
vaporizing off other planets as well.
Something is up in the Solar System we don't know about yet.

Last I heard the sun was getting cooler. Then again, big Al apparently
hasn't addressed that issue yet, so we have no scientific leadership in
that regard.

Bloody 'ell! I'm sure glad I swallowed that sip of coffee just before
reading your post, Swingy. Bwahahahaha!

Something WeeGee said a couple weeks ago kept eating at me. He said
"Al Gore is totally irrelevant." While I wanted to agree with him, I
kept thinking "Well, he is to us, but he's still getting far too many
world headlines, being awarded (what used to be) prestigious awards,
and raking in tons of money for the bull**** he spews, even though he
doesn't _live_ the lifestyle he preaches. He should be shunned but he
isn't, he's practically -worshiped- globally. It's ghastly."

Prayer for Algo May your karma rise up to meet you, and soon.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
It might be the tilt of the Earth and the fact that the Sun
is getting hotter for some strange reason. Snow and ice is
vaporizing off other planets as well.
Something is up in the Solar System we don't know about yet.

Last I heard the sun was getting cooler. Then again, big Al apparently
hasn't addressed that issue yet, so we have no scientific leadership in
that regard.

Bloody 'ell! I'm sure glad I swallowed that sip of coffee just before
reading your post, Swingy. Bwahahahaha!

Hehe ... it's about true, Bubba!

Something WeeGee said a couple weeks ago kept eating at me. He said
"Al Gore is totally irrelevant." While I wanted to agree with him, I
kept thinking "Well, he is to us, but he's still getting far too many
world headlines, being awarded (what used to be) prestigious awards,
and raking in tons of money for the bull**** he spews, even though he
doesn't _live_ the lifestyle he preaches. He should be shunned but he
isn't, he's practically -worshiped- globally. It's ghastly."

How was that old raconteur, WeeGee, doing? Saw where y'all had gotten
together. Good food and good wine involved, no doubt ...

Haven't checked ... did he get his drive shaft/u-joint fixed? Have he
and Marilyn met up yet. Suspense, suspense!

Inquiring minds ... stay tuned.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:15:56 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Please expand on that if you will, Swingy. What's the nature of the
new waste?

Don't get me started ...

Project in question was alternative construction (straw bale wall)
house, green material as much as possible throughout. Notice the plywood
and framing material, steel and concrete going into just the foundation
of this single family, new residential construction, of less than 2500sf:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/Foundation1#

Hayseuss Crisco, is that one inch rebar? Huh, a concrete foundation
supported off the ground, on piers?!? Whut up wi dat?

I've found that most of the new "green" products (the few
which are available around here) are about 50% higher in cost than
standard mat'ls, despite the trade mags showing only a 10% increase.
And look what it's done to the cost of finishes. Waterlox has doubled
in price since I last bought it, and their VOC-free finishes are
higher than that: $105 per gallon now!

We were going to use ureas formaldehyde, sustainable, bamboo plywood
wood in the cabinets and built-ins until we found out the budget busting
prices, upwards of $300/sheet.

You meant "urea/formaldehyde-free" didn't you? I've seen bamboo ply
for cabinets as low as $94/sheet. I haven't seen it up close, though.
But if the client wants it, just have them adjust their budget up for
it. It's only a grand more for a really beautiful kitchen.

Oddly enough, much of Home Depot's plywood (from Columbia Forest
Products) is made with urea formaldehyde free glue.

OK.

Lowe's has "Fresh Aire", no VOC, paint which we used on the interior of
this house ...I was quite happy with the results and the price wasn't
all that out of line with other premium indoor paints.

They've sure shot up recently, haven't they? Wow!

I tried to get other low or no VOC products/stains from them that they
advertise in other locales and was informed that they were not allowed
to ship these across state lines??

Still trying to figure that one out ....

Maybe they're taking Clintoon's stance, depending on what the meaning
of VOC is...

So, what brands are not shippable, please? I want to look into this
deeper.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Hayseuss Crisco, is that one inch rebar? Huh, a concrete foundation
supported off the ground, on piers?!? Whut up wi dat?

Clay soil, which is capable of heaving up to 24" in some parts of this
area. Engineered design spec, based on soil test, called for minimum 12"
void space under grade beams.

I routinely build what is known as a "structural slab, with void space"
foundation in this area (Houston, 150 mile SE of where the pictured site
was), we have a similar clastic clay herem and I usually use cardboard
cartons to establish the void space ... can't do that with a 24" x 24"
grade beam!

You meant "urea/formaldehyde-free" didn't you?

Left that all important word out during my brain fart when trying to
remember how to spiel "formaldehyde".

[...]

Believe it or not, Min-Wax makes a 250 VOC compliant complement to their
normal stains. The client was dead set on Cherry235 in her color scheme,
but the 250 VOC compliant product is not for sale here, and Min-Wax
would NOT ship it to Texas ... go figure?

I called repeatedly, and systematically went up the chain of command, to
no avail.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:20:57 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
[...]

Good food and no wine. I'm an ex-drunk with 24-1/2 years of sobriety
and other than his stash in the camper, no alky comes here, ever.

Haven't checked ... did he get his drive shaft/u-joint fixed? Have he
and Marilyn met up yet. Suspense, suspense!

Inquiring minds ... stay tuned.

Marilyn may have Christmas alone. (He's gonna be real late if things
keep going like they have.) I haven't seen his update today, hold
one.........OK, it looks as if he's siphoning the vineyards in Morelia
still, or maybe he's found a winery in Mexico City. No update
available since Monday, but I'm sure he found a u-joint, as Mexico is
full of other Chebby lovers, especially pickup drivers.

It looks like he's about halfway through his Mexico drive, at least
until they head south to Central America.

As I told him, I'm mighty glad he's not driving a jacked-up, tricked-
out, shiny, brand new pickup. He'd have lost it by now, I'll bet. In
the old beater, he's experiencing the friendly natives instead. This
is a good thing. I've been as far south as Purerto Vallarta, and the
Mexican people there are very friendly and nice; just great people.

I wish 'em luck!

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:20:57 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

How was that old raconteur, WeeGee, doing? Saw where y'all had gotten
together. Good food and good wine involved, no doubt ...

Haven't checked ... did he get his drive shaft/u-joint fixed? Have he
and Marilyn met up yet. Suspense, suspense!

Inquiring minds ... stay tuned.

Aw, ****. I just checked the morelia, michoacan weather and it's 72F
right now, at 5:41pm Thursday. It's beautiful, the lucky sap. ;(

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:05:18 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Hayseuss Crisco, is that one inch rebar? Huh, a concrete foundation
supported off the ground, on piers?!? Whut up wi dat?

Clay soil, which is capable of heaving up to 24" in some parts of this
area. Engineered design spec, based on soil test, called for minimum 12"
void space under grade beams.

I routinely build what is known as a "structural slab, with void space"
foundation in this area (Houston, 150 mile SE of where the pictured site
was), we have a similar clastic clay herem and I usually use cardboard
cartons to establish the void space ... can't do that with a 24" x 24"
grade beam!

I rectum not.

Believe it or not, Min-Wax makes a 250 VOC compliant complement to their
normal stains. The client was dead set on Cherry235 in her color scheme,
but the 250 VOC compliant product is not for sale here, and Min-Wax
would NOT ship it to Texas ... go figure?

I called repeatedly, and systematically went up the chain of command, to
no avail.

Very weird! So, the client wants an all-natural house, except she
wants the wood to be desoiled with oogly reddish brown ****? Did I
get that right? sigh Figgers. Hmm, no, I guess not:
http://www.minwax.com/products/wood_...sh.html#Colors
That's not a bad color after all. Most wimmenfolks think cherry is
like this gawdawful sangria:
http://www.minwax.com/products/wood_...in.html#Colors

What's your clearcoat over that crap, NC lacquer?

I just left a message on Minwhacked's site asking why that color in
lo-VOC isn't available in TX and if it's available in OR. Stay tuned.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Believe it or not, Min-Wax makes a 250 VOC compliant complement to their
normal stains. The client was dead set on Cherry235 in her color scheme,
but the 250 VOC compliant product is not for sale here, and Min-Wax
would NOT ship it to Texas ... go figure?

Err, I hate to admit it, but that Cherry235 is what the OverLord wanted
on the murphy bed, and since she does the finishing, that's what she
got. Along with a a (3) top coats of MinWhacks satin water base
whatever it is.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:27:43 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn
scrawled the following:

Swingman wrote:

Believe it or not, Min-Wax makes a 250 VOC compliant complement to their
normal stains. The client was dead set on Cherry235 in her color scheme,
but the 250 VOC compliant product is not for sale here, and Min-Wax
would NOT ship it to Texas ... go figure?

Err, I hate to admit it, but that Cherry235 is what the OverLord wanted
on the murphy bed, and since she does the finishing, that's what she
got. Along with a a (3) top coats of MinWhacks satin water base
whatever it is.

It's waterborne polyurinestain, of course. sigh

Note to Swingy: I have no idea why you had trouble. Here's the reply
from Minwhacked:

"Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting Minwax. We appreciate your inquiry.

The 250 VOC compliant version of our Wood Finish Stain is available
for all stores to order if they so choose. However, if you live in a
state where the laws do not make this product mandatory for sale in
gallons, the stores will not likely carry it. The UPC for the Cherry
250 VOC is 027426710795.

You may ask your local stores to order the product on your behalf. The
gallons will come in case quantities of 2.

I hope this information is helpful. Please reply with e-mail history
if you require additional assistance.

Regards, Kim"

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Note to Swingy: I have no idea why you had trouble. Here's the reply
from Minwhacked:

"Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting Minwax. We appreciate your inquiry.

The 250 VOC compliant version of our Wood Finish Stain is available
for all stores to order if they so choose. However, if you live in a
state where the laws do not make this product mandatory for sale in
gallons, the stores will not likely carry it. The UPC for the Cherry
250 VOC is 027426710795.

You may ask your local stores to order the product on your behalf. The
gallons will come in case quantities of 2.

I hope this information is helpful. Please reply with e-mail history
if you require additional assistance.

Yep. BTDT.

Now, it would be interesting for you to try to order some and see if you
actually get it.

May be because I was in a little town in Texas (Bastrop), but I simply
could NOT get the product (1 gal) shipped to the Lowe's in Bastrop,
Texas in July of 2009.

Believe me, I don't easily accept "no" for answer when it comes to work
related issues.

Too late now, but let me know if you do manage to get some actually shipped.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:54:49 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

Me? Order STAIN? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! He make joke.

I might try dye some day, but unless the customer orders something
matched and orders me to use stain, I don't touch that ****. My
nickname it is RBS for "reddish brown ****". I was seriously angry
with the last client who did that to me, forcing me to use PolyShades,
the worst of two evils. (Holding up fingers in sigh of a cross)
Ptui!

But she did say it was ordered in a minimum of a 2-gallon case but the
folks who stock the rest of their crap. I would suggest that bLowes
has their own ideas for that, so try a paint store instead. Call the
local Sherwin Williams store and ask if you really want to know.

BTW, if this happened last summer, what did you finally use on the
cabinets? And why do you ever use Minwhacked?

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

BTW, if this happened last summer, what did you finally use on the
cabinets? And why do you ever use Minwhacked?

Cherry235, just like the client wanted. I build'em, I don't paint'em.

Besides, I'm colorblind.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08