Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

Larry Jaques wrote:

Note to Swingy: I have no idea why you had trouble. Here's the reply
from Minwhacked:

"Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting Minwax. We appreciate your inquiry.

The 250 VOC compliant version of our Wood Finish Stain is available
for all stores to order if they so choose. However, if you live in a
state where the laws do not make this product mandatory for sale in
gallons, the stores will not likely carry it. The UPC for the Cherry
250 VOC is 027426710795.

You may ask your local stores to order the product on your behalf. The
gallons will come in case quantities of 2.

I hope this information is helpful. Please reply with e-mail history
if you require additional assistance.

Yep. BTDT.

Now, it would be interesting for you to try to order some and see if you
actually get it.

May be because I was in a little town in Texas (Bastrop), but I simply
could NOT get the product (1 gal) shipped to the Lowe's in Bastrop,
Texas in July of 2009.

Believe me, I don't easily accept "no" for answer when it comes to work
related issues.

Too late now, but let me know if you do manage to get some actually shipped.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08