Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a box joint jig

I made and tried out my lap joint jig this afternoon and it worked every
bit as well as I'd hoped.

That drawing for that is still at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/LapJigHowTo.jpg

and when I have a bit of time I'll turn it into a web page...

Encouraged by that, I wondered what other jigs might be built using only
the blade kerf width as a measurement. I finally decided that if one
kerf width (as in the lap joint jig) was good, two might also be
interesting. First thought was a box joint jig, so I did a bit more
doodling and came up with this method

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BoxJigHowTo.jpg

This drawing should be reasonably self-explanitory, but I'm already
planning to turn it into a web page with a bit of text to provide a bit
of explanation with each drawing.

Enjoy!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Morris Dovey wrote in :

I made and tried out my lap joint jig this afternoon and it worked
every bit as well as I'd hoped.

That drawing for that is still at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/LapJigHowTo.jpg

and when I have a bit of time I'll turn it into a web page...

Encouraged by that, I wondered what other jigs might be built using
only the blade kerf width as a measurement. I finally decided that if
one kerf width (as in the lap joint jig) was good, two might also be
interesting. First thought was a box joint jig, so I did a bit more
doodling and came up with this method

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BoxJigHowTo.jpg

This drawing should be reasonably self-explanitory, but I'm already
planning to turn it into a web page with a bit of text to provide a
bit of explanation with each drawing.

Enjoy!

I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to make
these and how to use them. I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote:

I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to
make
these and how to use them. I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ...

The easiest box joint jig I've seen to bulid and use is the one in
Fred Bingham's book, Practical Yacht Joinery.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 15, 8:35*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Han" wrote:
I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to
make
these and how to use them. *I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ...

The easiest box joint jig I've seen to bulid and use is the one in
Fred Bingham's book, Practical Yacht Joinery.

Lew

I asked Angela to wrap one up for me for Christmas last year after you
had mentioned that book about 623 times G
Very good, down-to-earth compilation of all kinds of nifty tips and
tricks.
None of this "and now a couple of passes through the TimeSaver..."
bull****.
A book where Neanderthal and power-tools meet.
A very good recommendation, Lew. Thanks for that.

(Are you sure Fred Bingham isn't your nom-de-plume?) G
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

(Are you sure Fred Bingham isn't your nom-de-plume?)

If he is still alive, he has got to be at least 100.

He was working in a boat shop in the 30's.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
A very good recommendation, Lew. Thanks for that.

Some things never change:

Welcome!

Read the FAQ ... mainly so that you will know what a "SWMBO", the
various classifications of a "gloat", "jummywood", and "neener" is/are
without asking. Be sure to learn the more up-to-date, modern spelling of
"Craftsman" ... and how to use Google. Make certain that if you use
something besides a Beismeyer or Unifence, you don't mention it.
Learning the 99 NEC by heart is not mandatory, but helpful. Know that
Leon is gruff, but knowledgeable, Charlie S is both friendly and
knowledgeable, Doug W actually does know the NEC by heart, Larry J. is
funny ...most of the time, Jon, while he sometimes thinks he's Nahm, is
smart enough to use LoneStar Beer in his chili, Walt A. confesses to
doing quirky things with wood, but is a helluva storyteller; Lew H.
obviously owns stock in a book about yacht joinery, Steve K makes the
best planes since Bailey, Eric M plays "Cabinetman" on TV, 'Mark and
Juanita' really know their stuff ...but we suspect Mark is just the
mouthpiece, and if you are female and young, or have a daughter who is,
keep an eagle eye on Apeman at all times. Above all, feel free to
initiate weekly political/sociological discussion topics that have
absolutely nothing to do with woodworking whenever the whim strikes you,
with or without the obligatory "OT" in the subject line.

--
http://www.wood-workers.com/users/swingman/
Last update: 5/20/02

/welcome!

Trying to remember the guys name who hosted gratis wood-workers.com web
sites for wreckers??

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Nov 2009 12:00:31 GMT, the infamous Han
scrawled the following:

Morris Dovey wrote in :

[...]

Ditto that. 'Splain, Mo!

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote :

[...]

Ditto that. *'Splain, Mo!

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Thomas Paine

*slowly raising my hand and looking around me feeling a bit
awkward*..."I don't quite get it either?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to make
these and how to use them. I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ...

Ditto that. 'Splain, Mo!

*slowly raising my hand and looking around me feeling a bit
awkward*..."I don't quite get it either?

IIRC, I believe it was in response to this, which should give you an
idea of how the original is used and make the light bulb pop on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6_S6lZKLI

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 15, 10:10*am, Swingman wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to make
these and how to use them. *I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ....
Ditto that. *'Splain, Mo!

*slowly raising my hand and looking around me feeling a bit
awkward*..."I don't quite get it either?

IIRC, I believe it was in response to this, which should give you an
idea of how the original is used and make the light bulb pop on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6_S6lZKLI

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

The pull-down string on my mental pull-down menu had become
temporarily unattached.
All better now. (I was looking for complexity, didn't find any. Felt
cheated.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman said:

Robatoy wrote:
[...]

Hey, Swing,
The link you posted, like so many old links, has been transformed into
one of those wretched fake sites full of advertising. Perhaps you
could host the original text now that it's defunct. Or Morris, or me.

"Wood-Workers.com is for sale. The owner of the domain has it listed
for sale for $35,100."

Ha! Like that's ever gonna happen.

"The registrant of record is now:
RareNames, WebReg
738 Main Street, #389
Waltham, MA 02451 US"

Para-sites, Inc.

Several names on that list I haven't seen in years. Apeman for one.
And BTW, what happened to JOAT?

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:

Several names on that list I haven't seen in years. Apeman for one.
And BTW, what happened to JOAT?

IRRC correctly, the wooddorking gods told him that webTV was giving them
a bad name!!

(I think he got tired of the political BS and noobs taking exception to
his cranky ass.)

Greg G.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy said:

Morris Dovey wrote :
Encouraged by that, I wondered what other jigs might be built using
only the blade kerf width as a measurement. I finally decided that if
one kerf width (as in the lap joint jig) was good, two might also be
interesting. First thought was a box joint jig, so I did a bit more
doodling and came up with this method

* *http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BoxJigHowTo.jpg

This drawing should be reasonably self-explanitory, but I'm already
planning to turn it into a web page with a bit of text to provide a
bit of explanation with each drawing.

I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to make
these and how to use them. *I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ...

Ditto that. *'Splain, Mo!

*slowly raising my hand and looking around me feeling a bit
awkward*..."I don't quite get it either?

I think Morris is playing around with "kerf width" jigs.
Parts A(x) are used solely as kerf width "standards" to set the
distance of the pin registration hole of the jig.

I could be misunderestimating the jig, but it seems like it would
produce rather small pins for a box joint. Seeing as how I can throw
together a 1/2" or 3/4" box jig in a few minutes using a dado blade, a
couple of scrap oak parts, and the mitre gauge, this seems to
primarily be an exercise in "doing it my way." Or I could be
absolutely, positively wrong and he has found Nirvana! ;-)

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:
Swingman said:

Hey, Swing,
The link you posted, like so many old links, has been transformed into
one of those wretched fake sites full of advertising. Perhaps you
could host the original text now that it's defunct. Or Morris, or me.

That's cuz it was part of the original post I made and left in as a date
reference ... some things do change.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman said:

Greg G. wrote:

Several names on that list I haven't seen in years. Apeman for one.
And BTW, what happened to JOAT?

IRRC correctly, the wooddorking gods told him that webTV was giving them
a bad name!!

(I think he got tired of the political BS and noobs taking exception to
his cranky ass.)

OK - as long as there are pukey ducks and yellow HF tools somewhere in
the universe, all is well I suppose. The "inspirational plans" posts
were sometimes a hoot. His WebTV box probably became dysfunctional and
he refused to upgrade to a P2/450 w Win95. Since it seemed to be old
home week I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman said:

Greg G. wrote:
Swingman said:

Hey, Swing,
The link you posted, like so many old links, has been transformed into
one of those wretched fake sites full of advertising. Perhaps you
could host the original text now that it's defunct. Or Morris, or me.

That's cuz it was part of the original post I made and left in as a date
reference ... some things do change.

OK - I'm getting more stoopid as I age. I thought you were pointing
readers to the original text for even more enlightenment. Sorry.
As for change... not often for the better.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:

I think Morris is playing around with "kerf width" jigs.
Parts A(x) are used solely as kerf width "standards" to set the
distance of the pin registration hole of the jig.

Bingo!

I could be misunderestimating the jig, but it seems like it would
produce rather small pins for a box joint. Seeing as how I can throw
together a 1/2" or 3/4" box jig in a few minutes using a dado blade, a
couple of scrap oak parts, and the mitre gauge, this seems to
primarily be an exercise in "doing it my way." Or I could be
absolutely, positively wrong and he has found Nirvana! ;-)

Somewhere between. I originally wanted to make lap joints larger than
the KM-1 (I have one on order) can handle, but I was impressed with the
simplicity of its principle of operation. When I watched the Bridge City
video, my reaction was "Of course! Why haven't I been doing that?".

As discussed previously, I have a wobble dado blade and I'm too cheap to
spend for a real stacked dado set - and I picked up on the "kerf width"
paradigm.

For both of my simple jigs, I can use the wobble dado to make the cuts
shown in Figures 1 and 5 (and Figure 7 and 8 of the box joint jig) to
produce satisfyingly precise joints.

(Note that in making the box joint jig, the cut-off from Fig 6 is glued
into the slot cut in Fig 7 to ensure exact finger spacing.)

It's not exactly nirvana, but it comes close because it's quick and easy
to make, wonderfully thrifty, and awesomely accurate.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey said:

Greg G. wrote:

I think Morris is playing around with "kerf width" jigs.
Parts A(x) are used solely as kerf width "standards" to set the
distance of the pin registration hole of the jig.

Bingo!

Ooh! I got one right for a change.

Somewhere between. I originally wanted to make lap joints larger than
the KM-1 (I have one on order) can handle, but I was impressed with the
simplicity of its principle of operation. When I watched the Bridge City
video, my reaction was "Of course! Why haven't I been doing that?".

Mine was "Why haven't I built that?"

As discussed previously, I have a wobble dado blade and I'm too cheap to
spend for a real stacked dado set - and I picked up on the "kerf width"
paradigm.
It's not exactly nirvana, but it comes close because it's quick and easy
to make, wonderfully thrifty, and awesomely accurate.

By virtue of it generating it's own references, accuracy is a given.
But no dado stack? Morris... Tsk,Tsk... ;-)
Just think of what you're missing: flat bottomed grooves with clean
edges; no finagling with that wobble width adjustment; respect from
your fellow wooddorkers who pried open their wallets and bought a
stack of carbide tipped blades and shims in a fancy box. And please
tell me it's not a Craftsman from 1962... You surely are a determined
individual. ;-)

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 09:10:57 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Robatoy wrote:

I am really looking forward to the dumb ass explanation of how to make
these and how to use them. I know it SHOULD be self explanatory ...
Ditto that. 'Splain, Mo!

*slowly raising my hand and looking around me feeling a bit
awkward*..."I don't quite get it either?

IIRC, I believe it was in response to this, which should give you an
idea of how the original is used and make the light bulb pop on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6_S6lZKLI

I don't see any connection to the KerfMaker in either one of Morris'
funkyarse tool drawings. They're more like koans than anything,
kwim,V?

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:16:38 -0500, the infamous Greg
scrawled the following:

Morris Dovey said:

Greg G. wrote:

[...]

He's also certifiable. The poor, confused lad just used the terms
"wobble dado" and "satisfyingly precise joints" in the very same
sentence! I guess he's...just not finicky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyo1...eature=related

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey said:

Greg G. wrote:

[...]

BG I remember Morris. I like this one better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmsORWnwJX4

And I made a typo in the last sentence, was supposed to be demented,
not determined. (ducking)

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey said:

Greg G. wrote:

[...]

You tube .......... okaaaay .......... it's a cat ......... catfood
............ watching video .......musta missed it ......... watch it again
........ nope ........ WTF did he post that fo......... oh. I see.
Got me you mongrel ; )

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris wrote:
This drawing should be reasonably self-explanitory, but I'm already
planning to turn it into a web page with a bit of text to provide a bit
of explanation with each drawing.

Not for me Morris. Not by a long shot. I like your stuff as a rule and
value your contributions here and elsewhere. But I could not make
heads nor tails (no pun intended) out of those "drawings."

PS: The workbench is coming along. Had some scrap particle board with
that plastic finish on one side (salvaged store display) for the first
layer of the top. Then a Ping Pong table (old, aged 5' x 9' plywood)
came along ($4 Habitat Re-Store) for the second layer - and, soon,
another use for that Masonite "find" - a sacrificial top surface.
Although, the current ping pong-green top with a white edge is
interesting!

Alas, I am still scouting ideas for a fence arrangement that will work
for the Miter Saw and the RAS. Like to do something "elegantly
functional" with, of course, scrap or salvaged / re-cycled something
or another.

Lemme know when you do do the web page you do do so well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hoosierpopi wrote:
Morris wrote:
This drawing should be reasonably self-explanitory, but I'm already
planning to turn it into a web page with a bit of text to provide a bit
of explanation with each drawing.

Not for me Morris. Not by a long shot. I like your stuff as a rule and
value your contributions here and elsewhere. But I could not make
heads nor tails (no pun intended) out of those "drawings."

Lemme know when you do do the web page you do do so well.

Ok - there's a (rough draft) web page at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/LapJointJig/

I can't help feeling that people are looking (insisting?) on a lot more
complexity than there really is.

The whole point of the jig is spelled out in the paragraph just above
Fig. 7 - but please start at the top and work your way down to that point.

If anyone gets lost, please let me know _where_ the page stopped making
sense.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Morris Dovey wrote in :

Hoosierpopi wrote:
Morris wrote:
[...]

Now it makes sense. It is indeed simplicity itself!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote in :

Hoosierpopi wrote:
Morris wrote:
[...]

I just _knew_ that if I made the pictures bigger it'd be easier to
understand! ;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:29:13 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

Hoosierpopi wrote:
Morris wrote:
[...]

Better. Need more info. Consider 3-D drawings for clarity, eh?

Now reference the friggin' fence or crosscut sled, please. It's
supposed to be at the bottom of the pic, right? (Your whole op is
done in mid-air as shown.) Maybe some elevation pics would help, too.

Sample piece: 1", 9", or 48' x ? Rereading it, is the sample piece
supposed to be the width of the final joint?

You say "Rotate the jig 180 degrees." Oh, so piece 'C' is the entire
jig? OK. Maybe show the jig at the top of the page and then describe
how it's made and how it's used?

Reference to normal blade crosscut height and stock height is
confusing.

Also, WTF is a "lap joint" to you? http://fwd4.me/4WP

Show sample output from this jig on the page, please.

Wait, is the area between the pink kerf/blade and the red kerf/blade
supposed to be a half-lap cutout? We're looking down onto the
tablesaw top from above, right?

P.S: I'm a guy who, usually, can take one look at a complex exploded
drawing and know both what the item does and easily figure out how to
build one for myself. Spatial relationships are no problem for me. I
can't seem to do that/figure those from any of your drawings, Morris.
sigh

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:29:13 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:
confusing.

Also, WTF is a "lap joint" to you?

Dear Larry,
I can see your education has been sadly neglected, so I will attempt to
explain the concept.
A "lap joint" is a venue where men can congregate and experience lap
dancing.
A lap dance is a type of erotic dance performed in some gentleman's clubs in
which the patron is seated, and the dancer is either in immediate contact
with the patron, or within a very short distance.
Hope this clears up your confusion. : )

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 16, 9:45*am, "diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:29:13 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:
confusing.

Also, WTF is a "lap joint" to you?

Dear Larry,
I can see your education has been sadly neglected, so I will attempt to
explain the concept.
A "lap joint" is a venue where men can congregate and experience lap
dancing.
A lap dance is a type of erotic dance performed in some gentleman's clubs in
which the patron is seated, and the dancer is either in immediate contact

..
..
..
..
with the patron, or within a very short distance.

Speak for yourself.

Hope this clears up your confusion. * * * : )

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:29:13 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

Ok - there's a (rough draft) web page at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/LapJointJig/

I can't help feeling that people are looking (insisting?) on a lot more
complexity than there really is.

The whole point of the jig is spelled out in the paragraph just above
Fig. 7 - but please start at the top and work your way down to that point.

If anyone gets lost, please let me know _where_ the page stopped making
sense.

Better. Need more info. Consider 3-D drawings for clarity, eh?

Eh? It's a 2-D problem with a 2-D solution. :-P

Now reference the friggin' fence or crosscut sled, please. It's
supposed to be at the bottom of the pic, right? (Your whole op is
done in mid-air as shown.) Maybe some elevation pics would help, too.

There's a lot of stuff in my shop that's "up in the air". Why should
this be any different?

Sample piece: 1", 9", or 48' x ? Rereading it, is the sample piece
supposed to be the width of the final joint?

Yup (I think you're catching on!)

You say "Rotate the jig 180 degrees." Oh, so piece 'C' is the entire
jig? OK. Maybe show the jig at the top of the page and then describe
how it's made and how it's used?

Right under Figure 5 I wrote: "Block C is your new lap joint jig."

C'mon, Larry, that's like starting a joke with the punch line - but just
for you, I'll shoot a picture and put it at the top of the page.

Reference to normal blade crosscut height and stock height is
confusing.

I don't talk good, too. Suggested wording?

Also, WTF is a "lap joint" to you? http://fwd4.me/4WP

I like diggerop's definition.

Show sample output from this jig on the page, please.

sigh Ok - I'll shoot the jig and the output _together_ and put /that/
at the top of the page.

Wait, is the area between the pink kerf/blade and the red kerf/blade
supposed to be a half-lap cutout? We're looking down onto the
tablesaw top from above, right?

That's the viewpoint for all of the drawings, yes.

P.S: I'm a guy who, usually, can take one look at a complex exploded
drawing and know both what the item does and easily figure out how to
build one for myself. Spatial relationships are no problem for me. I
can't seem to do that/figure those from any of your drawings, Morris.

I can (sorta) grasp where you're coming from - but with /this/ gizmo
there's nothing complex to explode and the only dimension that has any
significance at all is the width of the kerf.

sigh

Yeah, me too. I've zapped the small drawings of both lap and box joint
jigs. My intent was to show how simple they can be, but instead only
added to the general confusion. My apologies to all.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

sigh Ok - I'll shoot the jig and the output _together_ and put /that/
at the top of the page.

Photo of jig and joint added.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey said:

sigh Ok - I'll shoot the jig and the output _together_ and put /that/
at the top of the page.

Would that be with a 12 gauge or a .357? :-o
Add a watermelon shot and post it to YouTube.

Don't mind them, I got the idea, but I did have to study it a moment.
I discovered long ago that a photo or 3D rendering works wonders when
presenting ANY idea to "management." Almost all drawings I do are in
3D with isometric views available. It takes very little additional
time these days and helps tremendously during the planning stages as
well - especially as complexity increases. (Yeah, I know - it was a
quick and simple concept.)

It's just not a 2D world anymore. We're likely dinosaurs from the flat
earth era.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris,

Build the jig, send it and a video to Larry. LOL..

Sorry Larry but this is getting funny.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Morris Dovey wrote in :

Now it makes sense. It is indeed simplicity itself!

I just _knew_ that if I made the pictures bigger it'd be easier to
understand! ;-)

I love you Morris!!!
(do you see X-faces?)
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:

(do you see X-faces?)

Maybe - I just installed the add-on, now I need to figure out how to
turn jpg files into png files.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey said:

Han wrote:

(do you see X-faces?)

Maybe - I just installed the add-on, now I need to figure out how to
turn jpg files into png files.

With an image editor, of course. If you have a JPG posted online I'll
convert it for you and post if need be.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:

With an image editor, of course. If you have a JPG posted online I'll
convert it for you and post if need be.

Thanks! I have a 48x48 jpg image at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/Avatar.jpg

(extracted from Morris.jpg in the same directory)

My ancient PaintShop Pro doesn't understand png files

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris

Maybe - I just installed the add-on, now I need to figure out how to turn
jpg files into png files.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Greg G. wrote:

With an image editor, of course. If you have a JPG posted online I'll
convert it for you and post if need be.

Thanks! I have a 48x48 jpg image at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/Avatar.jpg

(extracted from Morris.jpg in the same directory)

My ancient PaintShop Pro doesn't understand png files

Oops! Wrong file - make that

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/X-face.jpg

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Stephen Quinn wrote:
Morris

Maybe - I just installed the add-on, now I need to figure out how to turn
jpg files into png files.

http://www.irfanview.com/

I've installed it and will need to play with it to get me up to speed.

Shrank my avatar to 48x48 and monochrome, now need to tinker a bit to
shrink that without making it all grainy. Fun.

Thanks!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar