Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Making a box joint jig

I made and tried out my lap joint jig this afternoon and it worked every
bit as well as I'd hoped.

That drawing for that is still at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/LapJigHowTo.jpg

and when I have a bit of time I'll turn it into a web page...

Encouraged by that, I wondered what other jigs might be built using only
the blade kerf width as a measurement. I finally decided that if one
kerf width (as in the lap joint jig) was good, two might also be
interesting. First thought was a box joint jig, so I did a bit more
doodling and came up with this method

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BoxJigHowTo.jpg

This drawing should be reasonably self-explanitory, but I'm already
planning to turn it into a web page with a bit of text to provide a bit
of explanation with each drawing.

Enjoy!

--
Morris Dovey