Bobby Bewl

Default Yanks and Christmas

You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.

Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual arguments
and now having Christmas dinner before watching the Queen's Christmas
message. This year we are not having the traditional Christmas dinner of
turkey - we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg.

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following
us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby

and **** off

Greg G.

Bobby Bewl said:

You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.

Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual arguments
and now having Christmas dinner before watching the Queen's Christmas
message. This year we are not having the traditional Christmas dinner of
turkey - we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg.

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following
us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby

and **** off

Why thank you, what a generous and cordial greeting.
Troll.

Greg G.
Bobby Bewl

Greg G. wrote:
Bobby Bewl said:

You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.

Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual
arguments and now having Christmas dinner before watching the
Queen's Christmas message. This year we are not having the
traditional Christmas dinner of turkey - we are having octopus.
This way everyone gets a leg.

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and
following us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby

and **** off

Why thank you, what a generous and cordial greeting.
Troll.

Greg G.

Nope. Just a friendly geeting to our cousins in the USA who pop up here
more than any others. You may not know that many of us are fans of Norm
who, in one of his programmes, visted (Royal) Tunbridge Wells (south east
England) (where I live) and copied a piece of furniture for the rest of to
make. Thanks Norm.

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me, it
won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and have a
good time. The DIY can wait and that shelf can wait.

Who cares.

Bobby

Bobby Bewl wrote:
You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.
Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual
arguments and now having Christmas dinner before watching the
Queen's Christmas message. This year we are not having the
traditional Christmas dinner of turkey - we are having octopus.
This way everyone gets a leg.
So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and
following us behind or arriving late as they always do.
Happy Christmas.
and **** off

Have a good Boxing Day Bobby. My family celebrates Xmas Eve, some
celebrate Epiphany, but I found a pretty #45 on the stoop this morning -
THANKS RIK! Totally unexpected. Damn near tripped over it on the way
to the news. Octopus and bangers, doesn't get much better than that.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Swingman

Hell of a deal ... stubbing your toe on a #45 on the way out the door. Hope
your ingrown toenail is OK.

Octopus and kidneys, bangers and mash ... hmmm, sounds like first line of a
bawdy pub song.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/03

Swingman wrote:
Hell of a deal ... stubbing your toe on a #45 on the way out the door. Hope
your ingrown toenail is OK.
Octopus and kidneys, bangers and mash ... hmmm, sounds like first line of a
bawdy pub song.

Now you've gone a caused a problem! I don't know whether to come to
breakfast or play with my toy. If I test it on SWMBO's table she'll put
my head on a stick.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
BrooksVanPall

I'm a Yank and I'm sorry to hear about
the Queens mishap to her little dog, I know how she feels. I was just a
kid when she became Queen and I've always thought she was a very nice lady.
Merry Christmas to you.

Brooks

"Bobby Bewl" wrote:
You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.

Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual arguments
and now having Christmas dinner before watching the Queen's Christmas
message. This year we are not having the traditional Christmas dinner of
turkey - we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg.

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following
us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby

and **** off

Greg G.

Bobby Bewl said:

Nope. Just a friendly geeting to our cousins in the USA who pop up here
more than any others. You may not know that many of us are fans of Norm
who, in one of his programmes, visted (Royal) Tunbridge Wells (south east
England) (where I live) and copied a piece of furniture for the rest of to
make. Thanks Norm.

Yes, I have seen those episodes. I think they got tired of paying air
fair, however, and now he goes to New England (US) to visit antique
shops.

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me, it
won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and have a
good time. The DIY can wait and that shelf can wait.

Perhaps I misunderstood the 'and **** off' comment at the end of your
message. Sounded like a troll to me.

You seem OK though, so Merry Christmas and Bless Tiny Tim.

Greg G.
Mike G

We like to think of it as fashionably late.

The best of wishes for Ya'll

--
Mike G.

Heirloom Woods
www.heirloom-woods.net
"Bobby Bewl" wrote in message
You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.

Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual arguments
and now having Christmas dinner before watching the Queen's Christmas
message. This year we are not having the traditional Christmas dinner of
turkey - we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg.

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following
us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby

and **** off

Bobby Bewl

BrooksVanPall wrote:
I'm a Yank and I'm sorry to hear about
the Queens mishap to her little dog, I know how she feels. I was
just a
kid when she became Queen and I've always thought she was a very nice
lady. Merry Christmas to you.

Thanks Brooks. On behalf of the Queen, thanks for the sympathy and
understanding.

The Quenn is into field sports like fox hunting, pheasant shooting, pigeon
racing, horse riding and so on, so I dare say one dog against another is
just like a bit of sport to her.

Come to think about it: the corgi (Queens dog) comes from Wales (a country
with its own langauage bolted onto the left side of England; home to Tom
Jones,Catheine Zeta-Jones, and so on) and the pit bull terrier (Princess
Anne's dog) comes from .... errr ummmm the States. What a bugger for
international relations! And what a Christmas day for us. The nation is
now in grief.

Thanks Brooks! Happy new year.

Bobby

Bobby Bewl

Bofus

No mash on Christmas Day - just roast potatoes - do have peas though.

Happy New year, mate.

Bobby

wrote in message
Bobby Bewl wrote:
[...]

Bobby Bewl

Swingman wrote:
Hell of a deal ... stubbing your toe on a #45 on the way out the
door. Hope your ingrown toenail is OK.

Octopus and kidneys, bangers and mash ... hmmm, sounds like first
line of a bawdy pub song.

And if it is not, we can invent one. Swingman and Bobby; rec.woodworking's
answer to Lennon and MacCartney. I can hear our songs being sung in The
Black Horse, The Cow and Gate and other such pubs that no decent human being
would enter. (just kidding).

Bobby

Bobby Bewl

Greg G. wrote:
Bobby Bewl said:

Nope. Just a friendly geeting to our cousins in the USA who pop up
here more than any others. You may not know that many of us are
fans of Norm who, in one of his programmes, visted (Royal) Tunbridge
Wells (south east England) (where I live) and copied a piece of
furniture for the rest of to make. Thanks Norm.

Yes, I have seen those episodes. I think they got tired of paying air
fair, however, and now he goes to New England (US) to visit antique
shops.

No its not paying the air fare; its the crap antique furniture we sell in
old, tired and conservative Tunbridge Wells.

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me,
it won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and
have a good time. The DIY can wait and that shelf can wait.

Perhaps I misunderstood the 'and **** off' comment at the end of your
message. Sounded like a troll to me.

It is most probably what you would say if you have had enough. At that time
I have had 4 bottles (pints) on Black Sheep Ale - a pale ale and, not quite,
a bottle of Chardonney. So everyone around me can go away or **** off.
Surely, I don't 'ave to be perfect every bloody day of the year!

You seem OK though, so Merry Christmas and Bless Tiny Tim.

Thanks, mate. You're a pal. Can I borrow your dovetail jig?

Bobby

Dave Balderstone

In article , Bobby Bewl
wrote:
So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and
following us behind or arriving late as they always do.
Happy Christmas.

Bobby

Well, you forgot us Canucks, but Merry Christmas just the same, pity
about the Corgi.

and **** off

LOL!

I was in Winnipeg in the late 70's when the Pythons did their "1st
Farewell Tour" across Canada, and saw them live at the concert hall.
Fantastic show, and of course when the curtain closed we were all on
our feet yelling for more.

They came back and did the "Dead Parrot" sketch, then left the stage
again.

Once again, we were all on our feet applauding and screaming "Encore!
Encore!"

After about 5 minutes, the projector came on and a slide reading "****
OFF!" was projected.

After we stopped laughing, we indeed ****ed off.

All the best, Bobby!

djb

--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
T.

Thu, Dec 25, 2003, 8:53am (EST-1) (Swingman) puts out:
snip Octopus and kidneys, bangers and mash ... hmmm, sounds like first
line of a
bawdy pub song.

For shame. You should be ashamed of yourself, for suggesting such
a thing on Christmas day. Today is for relaxation and family, not
making up bawdy songs. You should hang your head in shame at eaven
having such a thought.

Here, sing these instead. Merry Christmas.

THE HEDGEHOG CAN NEVER BE BUGGERED AT ALL

1. You can bugger the bear, if you do it with care, in the winter, when
he is asleep in his lair, Though I would not advise it in spring or in
fall-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

2. If you're feeling quite coarse, you can bugger the horse, or the
palfrey, the jennet, the stallion (with force), You can bugger the
donkey, the mare, or the mule, Though to bugger the pony is needlessly
cruel.

3. You can bugger the ox (if you stand on a box) And vulpologists say
you can bugger the fox, You can bugger the shrew, though it's awfully
small-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

4. Herpetologists gasp you can bugger the asp, Entomologists claim you
can bugger the wasp. If an insect's your thing, man, then just have a
ball-- But the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

5. And the elephant too, that you meet in the zoo, Can be buggered if
you are sure just what to do, You will need a large mattress upon which
to fall-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

6. You can bugger the bees if you're down on your knees, You can bugger
the termites with terminal ease you can bugger the beetle, the ladybug
(bird!) too, there's no end to the buggering that you can do.

7. You can bugger the cat if it isn't too fat You can bugger the rabbit
you draw from your hat You can bugger the shark that you've chased in
your yawl-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

8. You can bugger the ermine, and all other vermin, like rats, mice, and
roaches, if you're not discernin'. You can bugger the dog, it will come
when you call-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

9. Although Mr. Tiggy is not very big, he Avoids with great ease those
who fancy his arse. He just curls in a ball, shows his prickles and
all-- And the would-be seducer leaves him in the grass

10. If you're that kind of fool, and you have a long tool, Do it with a
giraffe, if you stand on a stool, Catch a yeti, who lives in the snows
of Nepal-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

11. For the hedgehog escapes the posterior rapes Performed upon others
of different shapes, Those who run, swim, or slither, they get it
withal-- But the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

12. It is said, if you try, you can bugger the fly, Or the swallow as it
skims so skilfully by, Use a noose or a net, or lime (if you've the
gall)-- but the hedgehog can
never be buggered at all.

13. You can bugger the cow (I will not tell you how), Or the boar, or
the piglet, the shoat or the sow, You can bugger the ass as it stands in
the stall-- But the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

14. You can order or shoo 'im, or run a knife through 'im The one thing
you cannot do is stick it to 'im. If you try to seduce 'im, you'll end
in a fix, His prickles defend him against rampant pricks.

15. You can bugger the ram, you can bugger the lamb, You can bugger the
ewe, though the wether's a sham, You can bugger the tiger (it may
caterwaul) But the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

16. You can bugger the seal, you can bugger the eel, You can bugger the
crab, though they say it can't feel, You can bugger the bat as the night
casts its pall, But the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

17. You can bugger the snake (hold it down with a rake), Though to
bugger the quetzal may be a mistake. You can bugger the billy, the
nanny, the kid, But to bugger the hedgehog just cannot be did.

18. You can bugger the slug, though it messes the rug, You can bugger
the different species of bug, Or do it with a snail, if you slow to a
crawl, But the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

19. At the end of the day, when you've had your rough way With all of
these creatures, you'll just have to say "That damned Erinaceous has
been my downfall--" For the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

A WIZARD'S STAFF HAS A KNOB ON THE END

A wizard's staff has a knob on the end It never will buckle, it never
will bend He cherishes it, and he calls it his friend, and he frequently
takes it in hand.

A wizard's staff is the source of his power. He checks up on it every
hour on the hour And he's never surprised when it turns to a flower --
The fairest throughout all the
land.

The staff of a wizard with honour is crowned. Without it a wizard will
rarely be found. 'Tis big and its round and weighs three to the pound
And without it he's truly unmanned.

The staff of a wizard can do mighty deeds. It protects him from harm and
attends to his needs, Provides him with banquets upon which he feeds And
potions on which he gets canned.

Whenever a wizard is lonely or sad, Or feeling dejected, or puzzled, or
mad, He turns to his staff, and things don't seem so bad -- By it he is
never trepanned.

The staff of a wizard is dear to his heart The source and the succour of
his magic art. They travel together, are never apart, A relationship few
understand.

A wizard is rarely of heroic build Were it not for his staff, he would
surely be killed. By demons or monsters his blood would be spilled All
over the pitiless sand.

A wizard in thought, word, and deed should be chaste If he is not, he's
considered disgraced. Although in his dreams he is often embraced By
ladies both lissom and tanned.

The staff of a wizard is polished with care. He anoints it with spices
and unguents rare, Bedecks it with silver and jewels most fair, And on
feast days he has it japanned.

A wizard when young has a staff that is small. It's puny and weak,
ineffective withal. It grows with his power until it stands tall As his
fame and his glory expand.

The staff of a wizard can hold many spells For finding lost objects or
dowsing new wells For banishing demons to bottomless hells Or bringing
them back on demand.

A wizard's staff can do manifold tricks To puzzle the nobles and fuddle
the hicks It rescues the wizard from many a fix -- It is totally at his
command.

When a wizard is old, and is starting to fade He looks on his staff that
with cunning he made The crown of his life and the tool of his trade And
together they make their last stand.

And, for the God's sakes people, for the new year, learn to snip.

JOAT
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of
enthusiasm.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 25 Dec 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

Bobby Bewl

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Bobby Bewl
wrote:
So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and
following us behind or arriving late as they always do.
Happy Christmas.

Bobby

Well, you forgot us Canucks, but Merry Christmas just the same, pity
about the Corgi.

I guess Canucks are from Canada but I dare not guess further just incase I
am wrong. I am not bothered about the Corgi - is all tax payers money.

and **** off

LOL!

I was in Winnipeg in the late 70's when the Pythons did their "1st
Farewell Tour" across Canada, and saw them live at the concert hall.
Fantastic show, and of course when the curtain closed we were all on
our feet yelling for more.

They came back and did the "Dead Parrot" sketch, then left the stage
again.

Once again, we were all on our feet applauding and screaming "Encore!
Encore!"

After about 5 minutes, the projector came on and a slide reading "****
OFF!" was projected.

After we stopped laughing, we indeed ****ed off.

All the best, Bobby!

You see, you knew what I meant and how i said it. You are a good sport,
Dave.

Happy new year.

Bobby

djb

George

"Yanks" in Guam were already belching after that Christmas dinner when you
got up.

Nonetheless, Happy Christmas.

"Bobby Bewl" wrote in message

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following
us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

GeeDubb

T. wrote:
(SNIP)

Gary

Greg G.

GeeDubb said:

T. wrote:
(SNIP)

Gary

A man of few words...

Greg G.
Ehvee8or

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:11:36 -0000, "Bobby Bewl" wrote:

snip
and if you are like me, it won't be long before you are on the beer.

snip

I'm enjoying a fine Heineken, chilled mind you, and served in a
frosted mug. I don't know how you guys can drink it warm, but it's now
about 1730 Zulu so I'm guessing you're probably full of holiday cheer
by now.

Merry Xmas

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
- Arthur C Clarke
Ehvee8or

Ooops. That should have been 1930 Zulu.

Hope you hear from Beagle 2 soon.

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:35:38 -0500, Ehvee8or
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:11:36 -0000, "Bobby Bewl" wrote:

snip
and if you are like me, it won't be long before you are on the beer.

snip

I'm enjoying a fine Heineken, chilled mind you, and served in a
frosted mug. I don't know how you guys can drink it warm, but it's now
about 1730 Zulu so I'm guessing you're probably full of holiday cheer
by now.

Merry Xmas

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
- Arthur C Clarke

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
- Arthur C Clarke

Bobby Bewl wrote:
"#45" ? Bloody hell, do you mean a gun? You have a gun? On christmas day?

I always have a gun, but that's not what I was talking about. Sorry
about the confusion. In Guns it's a .45. In Woodworking a #45 is a
fancy pants combination plane made by Stanley:
http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan6.htm
Seems we've had this sort of problem in the past with our cousins across
the pond, eh Jeff?
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Bobby Bewl

George wrote:
"Yanks" in Guam were already belching after that Christmas dinner
when you got up.

Nonetheless, Happy Christmas.

Yep, and by now they're farting.

Happy New Year, mate

Silvan

Bobby Bewl wrote:

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me, it
won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and have a

I wish. I'd really like to have a beer right now, but I have to go to work
in a couple of hours.

Humbug.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

T. wrote:

fall-- but the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

While the above statement is assuredly true, I have serious doubts about
wasps, bees and the shrew.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Bobby Bewl

"Silvan" wrote in message
news
Bobby Bewl wrote:

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me, it
won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and have a

I wish. I'd really like to have a beer right now, but I have to go to

work
in a couple of hours.

Humbug.

You poor ol' bloke - working nights and at Christmas. Happy Boxing Day.

Bobby

Mutt

Well Bobby, glad "Nahm" visited your part of the world and that PBS
(the public TV on this side of the pond) gets his shows on air in the
UK from time to time. I was compelled to write as for christmas my
bride got me a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC, and
as much as I enjoy Nahm, I am a great fan of John Cleese of Monty
fame, or is it Sir John, gee, they just knighted Mick Jagger so they
must have knighted Cleese, or they should have by now. From my point
of view, a trade of Nahm for Basil is better than even. Merry to all
and happy new year. Mutt.

P.S. oh, and **** Off..... :-) [I love that phrase....just as good
as kiss my arse......]

"Bobby Bewl" wrote in message ...
Greg G. wrote:
Bobby Bewl said:

[...]

Bobby Bewl

Mutt wrote:
Well Bobby, glad "Nahm" visited your part of the world and that PBS
(the public TV on this side of the pond) gets his shows on air in the
UK from time to time. I was compelled to write as for christmas my
bride got me a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC, and
as much as I enjoy Nahm, I am a great fan of John Cleese of Monty
fame, or is it Sir John, gee, they just knighted Mick Jagger so they
must have knighted Cleese, or they should have by now. From my point
of view, a trade of Nahm for Basil is better than even. Merry to all
and happy new year. Mutt.

P.S. oh, and **** Off..... :-) [I love that phrase....just as good
as kiss my arse......]

Thanks mate or as you say, "buddy". It is not often I am told to "**** off"
being a middle manager at work. But I bet people who I work with say it
under their breath to me.

Yes, I am a "Nahm" fan. Maybe I will nominate him for a knighthood for
services to the tool industry. He has a tool and a jig for everything. You
yanks, on TV and on rec.woodworking, are well advanced on DIY.

No, sorry, mate, John Cleese is not a "Sir". The nearest he got to being a
"Sir" was playing the part (Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington in Harry
Potter, was it?) Or was it when he said, "That Sir, is an EX-parrott". I
am sure where that phrase comes from.

Mick Jagger got his knighthood, to the surprise of many, for services to
international music (and not for shagging women).

I am not too sure about trading Nahm for Basil. I think I will stick to
Norm for the moment.

So your bride got you a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC.
Hang about, Mutt, Basil was henpecked i.e. under Sybils thumb, is your
bride trying to show you the way to go? Are you sure you would trade Nahm
for Basil? (Just kidding).

Happy New Year, mate.

Bobby

GeeDubb

Greg G. wrote:
GeeDubb said:

T. wrote:
(SNIP)

Gary

A man of few words...

Greg G.

in the post just above mine in the thread JOAT wrote:
" And, for the God's sakes people, for the new year, learn to snip."

So I did.......

Gary (;-}

Mike Hide wrote:
Not all here are yanks you know, I guess you just feel sorry for them
because they lost the civil wah........

You suh, must mean "the War of Northern Agression" or "That Recent
Unpleasantness".
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
boonie

I was sent a Christmas present from a friend in West Virginia - a
Conmfederate flag. It now flys happily over my front gate. From other
postings it sounds as though the war may be over. Who won?
Ken (in Australia)

Silvan

boonie wrote:

I was sent a Christmas present from a friend in West Virginia - a
Conmfederate flag. It now flys happily over my front gate. From other
postings it sounds as though the war may be over. Who won?

Lincoln did.

BTW, I hope he bought that flag for you over the border in Virginia.