Bobby Bewl

Default Yanks and Christmas

Greg G. wrote:
Bobby Bewl said:

Nope. Just a friendly geeting to our cousins in the USA who pop up
here more than any others. You may not know that many of us are
fans of Norm who, in one of his programmes, visted (Royal) Tunbridge
Wells (south east England) (where I live) and copied a piece of
furniture for the rest of to make. Thanks Norm.

Yes, I have seen those episodes. I think they got tired of paying air
fair, however, and now he goes to New England (US) to visit antique
shops.

No its not paying the air fare; its the crap antique furniture we sell in
old, tired and conservative Tunbridge Wells.

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me,
it won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and
have a good time. The DIY can wait and that shelf can wait.

Perhaps I misunderstood the 'and **** off' comment at the end of your
message. Sounded like a troll to me.

It is most probably what you would say if you have had enough. At that time
I have had 4 bottles (pints) on Black Sheep Ale - a pale ale and, not quite,
a bottle of Chardonney. So everyone around me can go away or **** off.
Surely, I don't 'ave to be perfect every bloody day of the year!

You seem OK though, so Merry Christmas and Bless Tiny Tim.

Thanks, mate. You're a pal. Can I borrow your dovetail jig?

Bobby