Bobby Bewl

Default Yanks and Christmas

Mutt wrote:
Well Bobby, glad "Nahm" visited your part of the world and that PBS
(the public TV on this side of the pond) gets his shows on air in the
UK from time to time. I was compelled to write as for christmas my
bride got me a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC, and
as much as I enjoy Nahm, I am a great fan of John Cleese of Monty
fame, or is it Sir John, gee, they just knighted Mick Jagger so they
must have knighted Cleese, or they should have by now. From my point
of view, a trade of Nahm for Basil is better than even. Merry to all
and happy new year. Mutt.

P.S. oh, and **** Off..... :-) [I love that phrase....just as good
as kiss my arse......]

Thanks mate or as you say, "buddy". It is not often I am told to "**** off"
being a middle manager at work. But I bet people who I work with say it
under their breath to me.

Yes, I am a "Nahm" fan. Maybe I will nominate him for a knighthood for
services to the tool industry. He has a tool and a jig for everything. You
yanks, on TV and on rec.woodworking, are well advanced on DIY.

No, sorry, mate, John Cleese is not a "Sir". The nearest he got to being a
"Sir" was playing the part (Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington in Harry
Potter, was it?) Or was it when he said, "That Sir, is an EX-parrott". I
am sure where that phrase comes from.

Mick Jagger got his knighthood, to the surprise of many, for services to
international music (and not for shagging women).

I am not too sure about trading Nahm for Basil. I think I will stick to
Norm for the moment.

So your bride got you a DVD of all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes from the BBC.
Hang about, Mutt, Basil was henpecked i.e. under Sybils thumb, is your
bride trying to show you the way to go? Are you sure you would trade Nahm
for Basil? (Just kidding).

Happy New Year, mate.

Bobby