Bobby Bewl

Default Yanks and Christmas

T. wrote:
Thu, Dec 25, 2003, 1:20pm (EST+5) (Bobby Bewl) claims:
snip we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg. snip

You can go back to turkey next year, scientists are crossing an
octopus with a turkey, to come up with an 8-legged turkey.

We bought an 8-legged turkey last year. We could not catch it.

But, there again, I think you know that.

Merry New Year.

JOAT
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of
enthusiasm.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks for the quote and thanks for mentioning Sir Winston Churchill. It
means a lot to people over here - (all that talk of war and where has it got
us). (He used to live at Chartwell about 14 miles from here.)

Yep, he was a bit of an arsehole, really, but, nevertheless, have a happy
new year.

I guess, by now, you Yanks will into Christmas dinner having opened your
presents. We are now into an evening's telly, wathcing a repeat of Malcomn
in the Middle and, in a couple of hours, a Christmas special of "Only Fools
and Horses".

Tomorrow, Boxing Day, a quick visit to a hunt then in the garage for a bit
of DIY. Norm: eat your heart out.

Bobby