Bobby Bewl

Default Yanks and Christmas

wrote:

Have a good Boxing Day Bobby. My family celebrates Xmas Eve, some
celebrate Epiphany, but I found a pretty #45 on the stoop this
morning - THANKS RIK! Totally unexpected. Damn near tripped over it
on the way to the news. Octopus and bangers, doesn't get much better
than that.

Dave in Fairfax

Thanks Dave. Incredible as it might sound we will on Boxing day (26
December) go to one on the surrounding villages and see the (fox) hunt
(horses and many trained dogs) assembling ouside a pub before setting off
into the filed to hunt a fox. I have mixed feelings about this Boxing Day
tradition. I am hoping it will not be long before hunting with dogs will be
banned but then what is next? Fly fishing?

"#45" ? Bloody hell, do you mean a gun? You have a gun? On christmas day?

Bobby